PDA

View Full Version : Developer Interview!

Mobius
27th May 2005, 10:31 AM
If have sky digital or another digital telly service....

Check out Gamer TV on Bravo at 5pm tonight, where there is an special feature about wipeout pure and interviews with Colin, Lee and others.

Trust me it's pretty good. :)

Space Cowboy
27th May 2005, 10:43 AM
Ah damn! I dont have sky :( Will there be a webcast do you think? (I hope so) :D

Dimension
27th May 2005, 11:07 AM
Aight, my reminder's set, thanks for the heads up Mobius :)

yawnstretch
27th May 2005, 11:18 AM
Cool - ill try to catch this!

Rapier Racer
27th May 2005, 11:52 AM
Excellent, reminder and auto view switched on :D

Dimension
27th May 2005, 04:16 PM
Mmm, informative. :)

infoxicated
27th May 2005, 04:26 PM
Colin didn't say much, did he?

You should see what he's like after a couple of pints, though... he'll talk Wipeout until kicking out time. :D

yawnstretch
27th May 2005, 05:13 PM
I totally forgot about this until it was 6pm - thank God for Bravo +1 :D

Some of the ship renders the staff were working on looked fabulous - I think I saw an ag systems ship...

There seemed to be more footage of wipeout 1 than pure, and why didnt they show any of the faster classes - especially with the interviewer saying the game was slow?!!

Mobius
27th May 2005, 05:25 PM
I dont know - they have reviewed the game a few weeks before... i missed it myself but there is the video review online

http://www.gamevideovault.com?id=1323

Unfortunately for me also my media player is somehow corrupted so it wont play these vids or the ones on gamespot - so if somone could convert it and sent it to me.. i would be glad.

If not - only 97 days till i get hold of the game myself. :)

Egg
27th May 2005, 06:15 PM
Good video, that ! They must have made it themselves -- unlike most of the on-line stuff, which is usually supplied by us.

You even see a contender eliminated 8) 8)

Space Cowboy
27th May 2005, 07:26 PM
Bugger! you can onlt watch it with IE according to the website. Im using Firefox, is anyone else?

Mobius
28th May 2005, 11:50 AM
Out of curiosity, what score did thay give it?

yawnstretch
28th May 2005, 12:03 PM
a measley 4 out of 5 :evil:

infoxicated
28th May 2005, 12:27 PM
To be honest, 4/5 is a respectable score for a game that isn't doing anything that the original wasn't doing ten years ago. It's worth more when all the download tracks complete the game, but the bare version is quite stark in content when you compare it to other racing games, such as GT.

Wipeout Pure, I think, has been overhyped as it's a launch title that looks better than the competition, but by the time it comes out in Europe it'll have Burnout, NFS, WRC and a host of other racing games to be compared with. Only then, I think, will we see a true reflection of how it stands as a game in its own right.

Rapier Racer
29th May 2005, 03:06 PM
look at that elimination, sweet :twisted:

Mobius
26th October 2005, 06:40 PM
Sorry for the bump in the topic, but i seemed to stumble over the web version of the interview. So for anyone who missed can now see it...

http://www.gamevideovault.com?id=1352

Enjoy 8)

eLhabib
26th October 2005, 07:18 PM
thank you!

Lance
26th October 2005, 07:35 PM
thanks!

oh goody, the idiots use a browser sniffer and tell me that i can't see the site ''properly'' unless i'm using Internet Explorer 5.5 or above. Opera doesn't pass their filter. SeaMonkey [Mozilla, and therefore probably FireFox as well] doesn't pass their filter. fukkem.

lunar
26th October 2005, 07:40 PM
Great stuff Mobius.... thanks. :D

Drakkenmensch
26th October 2005, 07:58 PM
Lance: Doesn't Opera come with a user switcher agent you can use to fool their browser sniffer into believing that you're complying like a good little AOL user, goosestepping to every whim of the Powers That Be, while in fact you're laughing your ass off knowing that your Opera is immune to their pop-ups and spywares.

Colin Berry
26th October 2005, 08:10 PM
oh

my

god

first time I've seen that

:twisted:

Lance
26th October 2005, 08:45 PM
Drak, of course it does, but i never use it, i always ID as Opera. however, any sniffer worth using would detect it unless i also use my Proxomitron to fool it completely, but i'm not about to do that. i refuse to make any extra effort to browse the content of ignorant self-centred a**hole web''masters''.

what? me passionate and intense? self-righteously angry? totally self-important and deluded? nooooooooo. just [IMO] aware of stupidity and injustice. [and possibly too lazy]

Drakkenmensch
26th October 2005, 09:22 PM
I know the feeling, I've turned down free contents before because of really idiotic requirements, or because it was just too god-awful fugly to withstand :)

*coughcokedownloadscough

infoxicated
26th October 2005, 09:33 PM
oh

my

god

first time I've seen that

:twisted:
Be careful, it might make your eyes.... you know the rest! ;)

richchestmat
26th October 2005, 11:21 PM
I've also no intention of giving that site my traffic if they pointlessly block Firefox.
Either they can't code propper HTML or they know that my borwser is going to block and hide all of their advertising.

Drakkenmensch
26th October 2005, 11:23 PM
I tried going there with Firefox, and even with the user switcher agent set to mimic IE 6, the video display window doesn't line up properly, so the video doesn't play.

Screw them, I say! :D