PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Pure Gamma Pack 1 Challenge

Dimension
27th May 2005, 08:38 AM
Good day to you one and all and welcome to the Wipeout Pure Gamma Pack 1 Challenge thread. Details follow:

Game: WOP (US/JP)
Track: Staten Park
Class: Phantom
Mode: Free Play
Craft: Tigron Enterprises
Laps: 25
Goal: Fastest overall race time (Pause to check upon finishing 25th lap)
Contest will finish 2 days after the release of Gamma pack 2 (US)
In case of draw: First to post time ranks higher

I wouldn't suggest you leave entering your time until the last moment either seeing as how i could close this at any moment after those 2 days have passed. And please folks, let's have a little honesty and do this thing in the WOZ tradition. There are no prizes except a rank (the top 8 finishers will be seeded as they finish) going into the second contest which will start roughly 7 days after the new pack is released (US again,) to give everyone enough time to gain all of the new medals and the like.

OK then, happy wiping my peeps! :D

Dimension
27th May 2005, 11:28 AM
Sorry for the double post, but it's best to keep the top post clean of obstructions IMO. Anyway i had a go through and figured i'd post it to give an idea to peeps of how long it might take. I had 7 track offs (2 of which were in one lap oddly enough :oops:) and I clocked in at 0.09.01: Nine minutes and a second, with an average laptime of 21.64 seconds if my maths is up to scratch.

Interesting thing to note is that, as predicted by veteran pilots, it does indeed get harder to hold your concentration and line as the laps tick on: only 1 of my top 5 laps was in the latter half of the race 8O

Anyway, there you go, it should take you 10 minutes tops to have a go! :)

lunar
3rd June 2005, 12:37 AM
Almost proved you wrong there...... I took on the Staten Park Enduro and was a mere 50 seconds behind you at 09.51.

In my defense its very late and my "skills" have been reduced by a moderate amount of alcohol. I was having a bit of trouble not flying off the track in a couple of places, and I`m sure we all know where. Anyway I can do a lot better, but for now I proudly volunteer to come last in this one, unless someone wants to challenge me for it.

I`ll try to have another go before the deadline. btw I think Enduro races like this would be a great addition to the next wipeout. :)

Lion
3rd June 2005, 09:33 AM
like a variant on zone where you can't explode but keep going till you come off due to loss of concentration?

lunar
3rd June 2005, 09:45 AM
I answered that in the PS3 wipeout thread. :) They certainly didn`t want you to shortcut on Staten Park did they? that respawn is very keen. I had another go last night and got 09.27 Still departed the track way too much though.

Dimension
3rd June 2005, 12:05 PM
Cool lunar, glad someone's having a bash heh. Should keep away from that alcohol though, the big downhill section's wonky enough as is :dizzy Plus wipEing on a hangover's not a good idea, not doing my head much good ATM :shame

Hellfire_WZ
3rd June 2005, 12:53 PM
Easy :P. Finished in 8:51 with a best lap time of 19.98 seconds. That's with two track-offs as well.

http://uk.geocities.com/ce_hellfire/Gamma1.jpg

Dimension
3rd June 2005, 02:05 PM
Cool, i've worked away at it a little and upped mine to 8:42, best of only 20:34 on that one though 8O

*edit* nevermind that, managed to do one without a track off: 8:35 (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/user_files.php?user_id=782) (bottom file,) the actual time was 8:34 but i paused it too late heheh. :oops:

Hellfire_WZ
3rd June 2005, 03:16 PM
Damn, thought I had you for a minute. Just clocked 8:41 with a top lap time of 19.89 seconds. That's faster than my time trial with the Zone ship! See what you're making me do? :lol:

Edit: And I'll raise the bar again, 8:34 (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/user_files.php?user_id=438) with a top lap time of 19.82 seconds. Managed to save the ghost this time as well.

eLhabib
3rd June 2005, 04:02 PM
[COMMERCIAL BRAKE]

Be sure to post you ghosts on http://defaulted.ath.cx/ghost/, the biggest ghost-sharing website on the net!

[COMMERCIAL BRAKE END]
:wink:

Lance
3rd June 2005, 04:22 PM
offtopic english lit major cringes then faints... awakens and vainly attempts to pay attention to topic again

rageagainstgeorge
4th September 2005, 10:45 AM
I know its been a while but i just had a go: 8.50 total with a fast lap of 19.59.