PDA

View Full Version : Ship Stats

feiyen
26th May 2005, 06:38 PM
First of all, i've got Pure on Monday.
It's really really a beautiful game, a masterpiece of gaming.
The only things that i don't like are:
1. The craft design
2. The loading screen: why no info about the track and the ship used?
[b]3. [the thing that i want to talk about in this thread]
Don't you think that the stats of the ships are a bit strange?
I mean... the Tigron is TOTALLY powerful, and other ships are unuseful at all [Qirex? Harimau?]
For example, add together the points of the 4 tigron's stats and you'll get 15.
Now add piranha's stats: 12.
I know that max speed is more important that shield, but 3 points on 15 are too much for me!

What do you think about it?

reaver
26th May 2005, 06:47 PM
The loading screens aren't up for very long which is probably why they chose to exlcude high-qual loading screens. Also, the ship stats from what I've noticed, are not all that important. Every ship is meant to complete every track, it just depends on how you use it. One thing I have noticed is that the speed stats don't really matter. It's easy to outrun/catch up with every ship, given you know how to ride.

Dimension
26th May 2005, 06:51 PM
My advice would be to try them all out, race a little with all of them, you can easily keep up with the Tigron with the Pirhana if only because of the 5/5 in top speed, on the track they all work, some not as well as other, but you can, with enough practise do top times with even FEISAR and the AG 5y55ie5 (on the tight, twisty tracks.) It's actually the most balanced of all the WOs i've played, even the super ships don't seem to have that great an advantage *shrugs*

feiyen
26th May 2005, 07:30 PM
maybe you're all right, but if ship isn't important, why they put 8 or more different ships? ;)
and why every LR i see is made at 90% with Piranha?

i mean... Qirex was [in 1st and 2097] the missile without control.
now is only a "shield ship", and it doesn't have any "driving appeal"...

i wrote a long, detailed and well-writed [:D] wipeout pure review, but it's in italian... :/

@ reaver: i don't think that put a profile for every ship and the name of the track was so long to develop or to read in the loading... ;)

eLhabib
26th May 2005, 09:48 PM
don't judge the ships by their stats. As Colin Berry said on another stats dicussion, the stats don't reveal everything. Two shipds can have the same stat in, say, handling, and still handle very different. Best to try out every ship very intensely.
You will discover that the variety between ships in terms of driving style is HUGE. In fact, for me this is the first w'o'' that really forces a dramatically different racing line for each ship.

And I don't see what you don't like about the Qirex. It's one of the best all-round ships IMO.

Space Cowboy
26th May 2005, 09:49 PM
Quirex is cool. The zone ship doesnt handle as well as its stats suggest, and the Tigron is a bloody good all rounder if you ask me. As for the Medevil ship, I think its ok, but its not as good as its stats suggest.

feiyen
26th May 2005, 10:27 PM
don't judge the ships by their stats. As Colin Berry said on another stats dicussion, the stats don't reveal everything. Two shipds can have the same stat in, say, handling, and still handle very different. Best to try out every ship very intensely.
You will discover that the variety between ships in terms of driving style is HUGE. In fact, for me this is the first w'o'' that really forces a dramatically different racing line for each ship.

And I don't see what you don't like about the Qirex. It's one of the best all-round ships IMO.

Yeah, i think you're right.
But for the short time i played [5-7 hours] i have only tried few times the ships [i use always piranha/tigron/auricom], and i found them too slow :P

i don't like Qirex because, as i said before, qirex was the "hi speed - no handling and shield" ship, not the "totally shielded" ship :P