PDA

View Full Version : The craziest things happen in Pure land....

defor
25th May 2005, 11:58 PM
I don't think this has been covered in other threads yet...
So what wacky things have happened in your piloting?

Somehow, off the third drop on Syncopia, barrel rolling slightly off the edge of the track, I managed to land on what appeared to be the underside of the track, and kept going for a good amount of time...

DJ Ikari
26th May 2005, 12:56 AM
I was racing on the third track of the Alpha circut (too lazy to remember/look up the name, Chengou Project I think), I was racing on Phantom speed, and on the giant drop i did a barrel roll, and on landing my ship did a backflip... as cool as it was I got 2nd place.

Sven
26th May 2005, 02:00 AM
The other day I was playing, and something went horribly wrong...

I hit the boost start, and my ship immediately explodes, then the game crashes.

Lion
26th May 2005, 02:08 AM
lol
can't say I've had that, but a few game freezes in the menus.
in race the only thing I've had happen that seems at all weird at the time is when you shoot a ship it seems to drop a bit, you can drive over their sinking form :) quite a humiliation move :P

mclarensmps
26th May 2005, 03:39 AM
lol the craziest thing for me... althought it wasnt THAT crazy, it was on Sebenco Climb, basically around the first corner, going into the first jump, i was jumping over an AI car, and these two other AI cars were battling for position behind me but as soon as i jumped over the car ahead, those two jumped over me from behind, which i thought was pretty damn cool. Wish i could save replays in WO :D it woulda looked so cool

Sven
26th May 2005, 08:40 PM
Sebenco has some interesting opportunities for flying...hit a turbo coming out of the low point on the track, and you can fly clear over the successive part of the track.

Space Cowboy
26th May 2005, 09:43 PM
lol!

I've managed to ride on top of an AI craft for several seconds on Sebenco Climb, it was quite amusing :)

Lion
27th May 2005, 09:41 PM
quite a few times now, just after using or absorbing a missile (or rocket, can never remembe which is which) the targetting system will lock on when I don't have a weapon..
in one case I picked up a speed boost immediately after absorbing the weapon and the targetting reticle started beeping yellow for about a second like it hadn't noticed the different item in my weapon slot

djlucite
28th May 2005, 07:48 AM
If you time it right, you can absorb the weapon and shoot it at the same time (and still get health!). I've done it quite a few times on accident.

And I hate barrel-rolling on that final jump on chengou...the ship always does a huuuge wheelie and I can't see crap until I'm in that tunnel with the chicane, then by the time i'm facing forward again i'm 3 inches from the wall...doing 800kph. It hurts. lol

eLhabib
28th May 2005, 09:25 AM
just press up on the stick or d-pad, after doing the roll, while you are still in air. that pushes your nose down, problem solved.

djlucite
28th May 2005, 09:33 AM
Yeah. I'm working on getting my fingers used to doing that, lol. That's why I hated it...its like...ngggggg!! lol.

That's when I think Wipeout is at its best, though. When you fly through a track section faster than you think you can do it, and barely have control but miraculously run the section perfectly.

THAT's fun.

eLhabib
28th May 2005, 10:06 AM
absolutely! and then you feel like you need a moment to stop and say 'phew, holy sh*t, how did I do that?!'

8)

Hellfire_WZ
28th May 2005, 11:56 AM
I launched a Quake on the underside of the track once at Chengou Project... :?

Kansas
2nd June 2005, 04:36 PM
I did a barrel roll with the Piranha ship on WipeOut XL last night. 8O

I did a turbo off that huge jump in Gare d'Europa and my Piranha did a barrel roll!

Sausehuhn
2nd June 2005, 04:41 PM
8O

Maybe a Pure virus is going around. I would like that :D

Kansas
2nd June 2005, 04:45 PM
I didn't think that XL's physics included a "barrel roll"...

TMoney
4th June 2005, 08:26 PM
It doesn't.

Lion
4th June 2005, 10:01 PM
quite a few of us would have managed to land a ship on it's roof by now. but yesterday I discovered that due to the shape of the front of the tigron it's possible to make it stand on it's nose without tipping :)

wirehang
6th June 2005, 01:37 PM
If driven on the side of a wall, flipped/wheelied, grinded along a wall, jumped over somebody only using a hill, landed on somebody, been landed upon myself.

Really good fun!

matt

phoenixx
20th June 2005, 06:42 PM
in modesto (phantom) the jump before the last turn: the autopilot sometimes tries to do a shortcut between the buildings. but fails.

Badboyfg
20th June 2005, 08:06 PM
In Zone mode I just flew through a wall and kept going for like 2 seconds , I think it was because of my speed though because my highest speed was 1490... and yeah that's crazy :P

Drakkenmensch
26th June 2005, 01:32 PM
In Sinucit, I hit the speed boost weapon on the jump leading to the finish line and landed balanced on the ledge, skidding along until I hit the little flags on the side of the finish line - bringing me to a complete halt inches away from the finish line. I watched all seven other ships barrelling past me to turn a first place into dead last instead.

Manic
26th June 2005, 01:42 PM
/ On the long downhill section of Sebenco I tried to do a barrel roll after lifting off the track while using a Turbo. I ended up attatched to the underside of the track losing shield incredibly fast and getting eliminated before I even got down to the tunnel.

lunar
27th June 2005, 12:55 PM
I beat my Vineta Phantom lap record with Piranha, and the game recorded the ghost correctly in all ways except one: the ghost ship it displays is a Qirex. :lol:

this is sometimes known as a wolf in sheep`s clothing...... or a fish in a wolf`s clothing..... or something.

infoxicated
27th June 2005, 01:49 PM
this is sometimes known as a wolf in sheep`s clothing...... or a fish in a wolf`s clothing..... or something....yeah... a bug! :)

Zero [RG] [HG]
28th June 2005, 02:11 AM
I'd say a very hungry fish in bull's clothing. :evilgrin

Kansas
28th June 2005, 04:41 PM
the other day I tried to do a barrel roll off a jump in Chenghou Project and I got stuck on the side of the track and kept going and going until I smashed into a wall... it was weird.

wirehang
28th June 2005, 04:47 PM
In Sinucit, I hit the speed boost weapon on the jump leading to the finish line and landed balanced on the ledge, skidding along until I hit the little flags on the side of the finish line - bringing me to a complete halt inches away from the finish line. I watched all seven other ships barrelling past me to turn a first place into dead last instead.
I've done exactly the same. :oops: I love using my boost in that last chicane and then holding on for dear life as I jump all the way to the finish line! 8) Or not in this case. :lol:

I also like to play on the bus/train and pretend the movement on the bus is somehow meaningful of my movement on screen. :?

matt

phoenixx
6th July 2005, 04:02 PM
In Sinucit phantom I was hit from behind and a little weak at shield power. With a sweet smile of revenge I fired a rocket at the overtaking craft. Without touching anything I got blown up by the shock wave of my own rocket hitting the contender. That's what I call a very realistic explosion.

Curved
6th July 2005, 04:10 PM
I flipped my vehicle just today. It sat there for a few seconds and then did the same teleportation as when you fall off the track.

syckls
6th July 2005, 04:15 PM
That happens so many times in Phantom it's not even funny. That is, of course, if you're not pushing up on the D-Pad or analog nub like a good little child.

Kansas
8th July 2005, 05:14 PM
Man... :brickwall

Last night... I was coming off the last turn of Sebenco Climb, leading by at least 5 seconds... I can see the finish line... Suddenly a missile blast from the second-place Triakis ship sends me careening into the last chicane! 8O

Instead of bouncing off the wall (as usual) and staggering to the finish line... my ship flies backward... the ass of the ship rises above the wall and teeters on the edge... While this is happening I see the Triakis ship zoom by for the win... Then another ship crashes into my ship's nose, sending it plummeting backwards over the edge and down into Citta Nuova... :turd

I plummetted for a couple of seconds before being warped back onto the track for a 7th place finish...

eLhabib
8th July 2005, 06:26 PM
yep. that's this triakis guy. don't mind him. he's got issues.

:D

Kansas
8th July 2005, 06:29 PM
does Triakis have a vendetta against Assegai? like I said earlier, it's the only ship that keeps coming after me, race after race after race.

Sausehuhn
8th July 2005, 07:08 PM
Sounds like Triakis is the new Xios :wink:

eLhabib
8th July 2005, 08:51 PM
sounds like triakis is the BETTER xios :wink:

Rouni Kenshin#1
8th July 2005, 11:11 PM
I was racing Veneta K on vector for funa and got a quake when i was 1st

so i turned around and shot it back at the other racers :lol:

syckls
8th July 2005, 11:22 PM
Another thing, you can't say that pink is the new black anymore. At present orange is the new pink.

(Referring to the first two of the last three posts)

Lion
8th July 2005, 11:43 PM
josie and the pussycats was cool :)

interesting lag related incident today...
playing on xlink and it looked to the other guy like I was in front of him, to me it was the reverse....

on his screen he shot a quake forward at me.
on my screen a quake came back at me

either way I got hit and it hurt :P

Curved
9th July 2005, 12:01 AM
Hehehe that guy was me -- and I can only imagine what it was like on your screen.

Later I was sitting perminently in the "waiting for players: AOW WOD" stage, while the other two people (lion and maniefrizzle) were just sitting in there starting place. The interesting part? They were using powerups while sitting in place (bwuoom, one uses a sheild), and I could see mines getting laid and destroyed around me. It was very interesting, but I dropped because they finished the race. I was invisible for that entire tourney for some reason too.

eLhabib
9th July 2005, 12:28 AM
WAIT A MINUTE - you CAN fire quakes backwards in purE!? I thought you couldn't! 8O

Kansas
9th July 2005, 03:02 PM
:brickwall

omg... remember how I told you that Triakis ship knocked my ship ass-first off the track?

Well, it almost happened again right now... but differently.

I was on lap 3 of 4 and in second place on Senucit behind the Triakis ship... then, without warning it dropped a mine in front of me right as I was about to do the last jump before the finish line...

My poor Assegai ship staggered a bit, but kept going straight... it fell off the edge of the jump and then teetered on the edge of the track... I started falling back and I got an amazing view of the sky above... Then a Piranha ship smashed into mine, knocking it back onto the track... :rock_on

stin
9th July 2005, 07:29 PM
You can fire backwards in Quake?? 8O but in an old saying as me and zargz actually been doing it! but in PSP?!!!!! oh noooo not again cos he will do it again when we will meet again :evil:

stevie :?

Lance
9th July 2005, 09:43 PM
weeeeeelllll, he was actually pointed backwards down the track at the time, so he was firing forwards relative to the ship. :D

G'Kyl
10th July 2005, 07:18 AM
Yes, but still...usually a program interpretes firing while pointing backwards as simply "letting go off the predefined weapon effect". Plus, what I found somewhat annoying is that speed pads only work in one direction. Not a big issue, but a bummer for sightseeing. ;)

Ben

eLhabib
10th July 2005, 01:01 PM
yeah but that has always been that way.

G'Kyl
10th July 2005, 01:04 PM
Yep, I know. The thing is I had wished they'd eventually go for a more realistic approach: Gaining an energy boost when going over the speed pads instead of miraculously pushing you into a certain direction.

Ben

eLhabib
10th July 2005, 01:10 PM
would be more realistic - true. but then you would speed crash into the side wall if you happen to catch the speed pad sideways when coming out of an airbrake turn.

Rouni Kenshin#1
10th July 2005, 03:25 PM
that was really anoying when i tried to ride the track backwards.

but interfering with the race was fun. (head on stoping people who are in 1st) :D

eLhabib
10th July 2005, 04:33 PM
getting bored maybe? :D

Lion
10th July 2005, 07:40 PM
The thing is I had wished they'd eventually go for a more realistic approach: Gaining an energy boost when going over the speed pads instead of miraculously pushing you into a certain direction.I like it as is, it allows you to aim yourself slightly into a wall, then use the (effectively) sideways push to edge you past the apex of a turn without hitting the wall or losing any speed. it's almost like using the dodge brakes manouevre without having to input it
it doesn't just accellerate you in approximately the direction of travel round the track, it pushes you in exactly the direction it's pointed

G'Kyl
10th July 2005, 10:58 PM
You're both right, the slide effect speed pads can have is cool and useful. But then you could also do the sliding with your airbrakes, which would feel more like actually "being there" instead of playing a game. :) Just my opinion, of course.

Ben

Rouni Kenshin#1
11th July 2005, 02:18 PM
ok does this make sense?

i get shot with a missile so i stop but hit the book i hade wiht me.

but inseted of going forward and cetching up i go directly sideways of how i'm facing, right into a wall. :brickwall

G'Kyl
11th July 2005, 06:19 PM
Depending on your heading, this can happen no matter how the speed pads work, me thinks.

Ben

Kansas
11th July 2005, 06:45 PM
HA!

yesterday I was behind the Triakis ship again... and I dropped a bomb for the Feisar ship behind me... well... the Feisar fired a missile, which hit me as I was dropping the bomb... the Triakis ship dropped his own bomb... my ship, just hit by the missile, staggered into the bomb... knocking it back into... you guessed it... my bomb... 8O

I had a sliver of energy left on my shield...

syckls
11th July 2005, 08:11 PM
You cannot suffer damage by running into your own bomb. Although maybe something else hit it, causing it to explode. That is the only way your own bomb can damage you.

G'Kyl
11th July 2005, 08:11 PM
Erm... as far as I realized you can't trigger your own bombs, isn't that right?

Ben

Drakkenmensch
11th July 2005, 08:42 PM
Since the Feisar guy was following so close behind, it probably triggered the explosion - and once your own bomb explodes, that shockwave doesn't tell the difference between you and your opponents.

Rouni Kenshin#1
11th July 2005, 09:13 PM
WAIT you can't trigger you own bombs!

I have flowm right through my one befor but i might have been a ship that was really really close to you that set it off.

and I hit a boost wepon not a pad and went sideways.

Kansas
12th July 2005, 04:28 PM
I had something insane happen last night...

I was doing a single race at Mandrashee at Rapier speed...

Second lap, in 4th, moving up... I was about to get to the part where the track "rolls" and I hit a speed boost, and I activated my own to keep the speed up... However, I lost control of the Assegai ship and it went straight into the right edge, but right where you can climb onto the wall... :)

The ship shot straight into the air and it started to fall over backwards, almost flipping completely before regaining its balance and settling back down on the track!

HA! Craaaaaazy.

Drakkenmensch
13th July 2005, 12:44 PM
I thought it wasn't possible to catch up a computer AI who was going too slow while you're going too fast, but it happened to me just now on Sebenco Peak - it was a glitch though, because the Feisar ship was stuck on top of the ledge to the side and just wasn't going anywhere, the Wusswagon obviously on a coffee break ;)

Rouni Kenshin#1
13th July 2005, 06:40 PM
HA!!! COFFIEEEEEEE! :coffee :D

Sven
14th July 2005, 10:08 PM
I was playing at Sebenco Peak the other day, and both me and an Auricom nailed a Piranha at the exact same time. 5 rockets right up the tailpipe, I felt sorry for him :lol:

syckls
14th July 2005, 11:05 PM
Don't worry, he's got the shield for it. Now, if you had gotten those rockets into Medievil, well, Medievil would be destroyed and we would all share a hearty laugh. I actually managed to eliminate one of those suckers on my big marathon run yesterday... with a Plasma Bolt. Once you know how to shoot one of those things you use them all the time.

Sven
15th July 2005, 08:18 PM
Whoa...I shot a missile at a Quirex just as he was dropping a bomb...The missile detonated the bomb and sent the Quirex. That was pretty cool.

I also get a kick out of the missiles when they ricochet (sp?) around, and start coming backwards at you.

Kansas
15th July 2005, 09:46 PM
I had no idea that you could shoot bombs and mines with missiles and rockets. That's sooo cool.

Drakkenmensch
15th July 2005, 10:03 PM
Rockets, firing by three and moving forward unherringly, are amazing to clear out mines and bombs, but you'll be extremely lucky if you ever get a missile to hit one of those. They bounce around like crazy, up and down, left and right, making them the most inaccurate weapon of the game if you don't have a target lock on an opponent.

To clear out bombs, stick with rockets. Or a good shield, and steer right through them with a powerful mocking laugh echoing in your wake ;)

syckls
15th July 2005, 11:02 PM
I actually did happen to hit a bomb with a missile once! In fact, before I read this post I thought they targeted bombs. It hit the bomb, ricocheted off and exploded on a wall.

Kansas
15th July 2005, 11:25 PM
I had a missile lock on a Triakis ship ahead of me once... when I fired the missile it shot straight through a bomb, exploding it, and I avoided what could have been a bad experience...

Rouni Kenshin#1
16th July 2005, 12:19 AM
It also happend to me today whil running Sebenco Climb.

It was cool. 8)

wirehang
22nd July 2005, 09:24 AM
Modesto Heights - in an attempt to master the hill boost corner cut exploit, I landed on top of the sign several times. This resulted in the flipping of my craft, the stalling of my craft on top of the sign and some other weird behaviour to my craft.

The worst thing is this can happen in a race meaning that you'll be sent back to the bend before the jump losing about six seconds.

matt

Rouni Kenshin#1
22nd July 2005, 10:02 PM
you fliped on top of the sign? how did you stay on? :lol:

yawnstretch
22nd July 2005, 10:55 PM
Heres a strange one - two of the art gallery images are almost exactly identical. Phantom Gamma tournament and Descension Rapier Tournament - the only difference is a sequence of asian characters???

eLhabib
22nd July 2005, 10:57 PM
oh, so there is a difference! I thought it was just twice the same art because someone messed up!

yawnstretch
22nd July 2005, 11:10 PM
I wonder do they mean anything? Heh - its 3 characters (Imagine WO 6)

wirehang
23rd July 2005, 02:06 PM
you fliped on top of the sign? how did you stay on? :lol:
I have no idea. After several seconds I was respawned on the turn before the jump.

matt

Lion
5th August 2005, 06:28 AM
last night I drove my flatmate to his indoor soccer game and while I waited I sat in the car playing pure... I had a few weird things happen...
Rapier SR, Ubermall, Pirahna: hit a wall with virtually no energy and it shot me straight up, like a good 10 meters into the air and I exploded well above the track
Flash TT: Sebenco Peak, Goteki45: messed up a bend and scraped the wall, but it forcibly turned my ship straight into the wall and it went straight up nose first and tipped over backwards like it was trying to fly through a loop. it had enough speed that it carried me upside down over the width of the track and I teleported back a bit as it normally does when you come off.

after the soccer game was over I had been concentrating so intently on pure that my visioin was messed up and I had to stop and have my flatmate drive us home

eLhabib
5th August 2005, 11:22 AM
even more proof that purE IS a drug :D

Lance
5th August 2005, 12:33 PM
The craziest people play in Pure land :)

Kansas
5th August 2005, 04:17 PM
nothing crazy ever happens when I play Fusion... but Pure... 8O

Drakkenmensch
5th August 2005, 04:49 PM
Last night in a tournament with eLhabib, Markvamps, Sparks and Mayhim... Chengou Project, I take the long left curve and slide on top of the side rail, but I drop down too abruptly and do a FLAWLESS nose stand for several seconds while the wusswagon just sits there and debates whether or not I can get out of that position - which I obviously can't.

I eventually got repositionned properly, but the wait is WAY too long when you get flipped or otherwise placed in a way that makes movement impossible.

fusionfrenzy
5th August 2005, 05:02 PM
Never take the Tigron onto Sebenco Peak in Phantom :evil: . Twice now, in the ascension tournament, I've turboed on the long straight going into the tunnel only for it to snag on the wall and flip itself sideways and lie there for AGES before respawning. I can't not turbo there, it's the best place.

Similiar things happened the first time I took out the Medievil - that thing is so spindly it gets caught everywhere!!

Dogg Thang
5th August 2005, 05:36 PM
Well, I'd recommend using your turbo as you are turning the corner onto that straight - don't wait until you are fully on it. That way you'll get good use of your turbo while having regained control once you hit that bend in the tunnel.

Kansas
5th August 2005, 06:09 PM
Actually... ONE crazy thing did happen on Fusion... (sorry, if it seems out of topic).

When I got to the higher classes, I was using the fully-modified Piranha ship and I hit a turbo off a jump and my ship went flying into the atmosphere... It went so high that I was high above the city and all I could see was darkness... Then my ship stopped and plummetted into the darkness...

Mobius
5th August 2005, 06:51 PM
I've had that, and a maxed out xios topple onto its back after a spamming of AI gravity bombs.

Anyway, back on topic...

eLhabib
5th August 2005, 07:13 PM
I was using the fully-modified Piranha ship and I hit a turbo off a jump and my ship went flying into the atmosphere...

that's what you call a HOMERUN, kid :cowboy :D

Kansas
5th August 2005, 07:50 PM
:lol:

Vin Scully's voice: "Deep fly ball to right field... she is GONE!"

Sumimasen
5th August 2005, 08:54 PM
Just did a really cool jump at Chengou Project - y'know, the first set of jumps down the straight after the first corner.

Using a Piranha, I boosted off the first jump, hoping I'd clear the second, but didn't. Whacked my big fat arse on the trailing edge of the bugger, and it flipped me forwards so I travelled down the track balanced on my nose (that's gotta chafe!). I continued like this, with seemingly no loss of speed until I hit the banking on the adverse-camber corner at the end of the straight.

The craft just fell on its side, then seemed to right itself, and suffered the usual agonising crawl back up to speed from a standing start.

*Curse - Pause - Restart Time Trial!*

Dunno what you mean about Fusion - Loads of wierd **** happens, it's just that, unfortunately, most of it is deliberate! :P

fusionfrenzy
5th August 2005, 10:20 PM
Just had a terrible Gotekki experience (such a thing is possible, breaks my heart). On Sinucit, I barrel rolled off the last jump over the home straight, but the ship veered to the right and smacked the flag by the start line. And got stuck there. Completely and utterly, wouldnt turn sideways, wouldnt unsnag, and when I tried to fall off the track to respawn, it just sat there dejected, upside down, before eventually being struck by a missile of a passing feisar and was destroyed. :evil: . There goes another Phantom ascension....

Kansas
5th August 2005, 11:22 PM
Bwahahahahahaa

that's horrible, man.

Sometimes I dream in WipeOut world... but if that ever happened to me, I'd consider it a nightmare.

eLhabib
6th August 2005, 01:22 AM
fusionfrenzy, if that happens to you again, try sideshifting onto the track - always works for me.

fusionfrenzy
6th August 2005, 05:59 PM
That may be a good idea actually. It mightve worked (you really should have seen the angle and scale of stuckness though, yikes).

Luckily I gold-ed the phantom ascension today, buy i'm still having trouble with phantom beta :? . I keep being respawned on every corner on Citia Nuova (man I hate that place), even in a Triakis. :cry: . I think my best was 5th.

Drakkenmensch
6th August 2005, 06:49 PM
It's easy to see why Ascension is easier to win than Beta - if you can win gold in Alpha, then doing Ascension is like doing Beta with a lead of several points before you even start the first race!

Sven
6th August 2005, 10:14 PM
even in a TriakisThat's your problem...Use a Feisar or something.

eLhabib
6th August 2005, 11:08 PM
also be sure to keep your nose pitched down - prevents all flying-off.

Drakkenmensch
7th August 2005, 02:30 AM
I saw some pretty slick air maneuvers tonight.

First one was in Citta Nuova, in the last bend of the corkscrew, a bomb went off and I saw the Pirahna player take off straight for the sky - which would be only a few feet higher on the roof of the tunnel. I later took a similar takeoff in Manot Top, hitting the bend in one of the 90 degree turns, and I lifted off like the space shuttle :)

In Karbonis, in the final chicane leading to the finish line, I hit a bomb and was about to be thrown unceremoniously on the left wall HOWEVER a very kind soul hit me dead on with a missile... which threw me RIGHT BACK in the middle of the track, blasting ahead for first place once more! Thank you to whoever fired that one, bless your AI soul.

Lion
8th August 2005, 06:33 AM
new wierdest thing to happen to me to date in game...
was winning the first race of rapier beta.
coming over the last jump just before the start/finish line and got hit by a quake
it destroyed me, but my flaming ship carcass crossed the line in first
the race ends and it shows "ship destroyed", so no placing
but when I hit X it shows me winning the points table, but on 0 points!?!?
weird

eLhabib
8th August 2005, 09:39 AM
I crossed the finish line in first as a fireball once in multiplayer, and it said DNF, but on the tour table I got my whole 8 pts.

lunar
8th August 2005, 10:17 AM
I was in a multiplayer tournament on Ubermall, and with a turbo catching the leader on the last straight of the last lap. While the turbo was engaged I picked up rockets, then while he was a nosecone ahead I fired the rockets into him and he crossed the finish line as a fireball while the woman said "contender eliminated". It said DNF in the race results but he got the whole 8 points on the tournament table. Oh, hang on, this sounds familiar...... :wink:

eLhabib
8th August 2005, 10:29 AM
hehe that was me lunar. DUH :D

lunar
8th August 2005, 11:21 AM
:wink: the list of loopy stuff that goes on in multiplayer games is pretty endless. Not glitches though - most of it seems as if it could happen IRL. Pure is a well built game.

Some of the AI pilots do very weird suicidal things - I`ve seen them on Citta Nuova hitting turbos at ridiculous moments in the corkscrew and just blasting themselves off the track into space. Once on CN I fell off the track backwards, and was looking up at the sky and the rooftops as I plummetted to earth in reverse for what seemed like ages, until the respawner finally realised. It cost me the race but it was a very cool moment.

Drakkenmensch
8th August 2005, 12:26 PM
The most gratuitious AP crash I've seen was on Sagarmatha - I've got this AP left and I'm blasting toward the finish line in a straight line, and I just hit the activate button by accident... the stupid AP just crashes me in the right wall across the lane, while I was close to the left to begin with! I mean, WHY? There was nobody around me and no speed pads to be used!

Kansas
8th August 2005, 04:31 PM
I know I had sworn not to use the AP anymore, but I used one near the end of a race at Cita Nuova (God, I hate that track) and my ship decided to bounce in the left wall for no apparent reason...

Rouni Kenshin#1
8th August 2005, 11:13 PM
I still use the ap in a few tracks on the hard turns or tricky spots but mostly absorb it.

Drakkenmensch
9th August 2005, 07:16 PM
Here's a little multiplayer mishap I ran into last night.

After a tournament we just started had two players drop due to sudden disconnects, only eLhabib and we were left in. We wanted to restart a new tournament, so eL dropped out and left only me (I was th ehost) but I had already started loading the game... and when it started, lo and behold, I was in second position.. out of one person!

Crazy I tells ya! :dizzy

lunar
9th August 2005, 08:22 PM
Maybe the game is getting so used to ElHabib winning that it doesn`t bother to watch what`s going on anymore..... oooh the damn cheek of it. :wink:

eLhabib
9th August 2005, 10:41 PM
ROFL.

you said it lunar :wink:

Drakkenmensch
17th September 2005, 11:27 PM
First off, my apologies for topic duplication a few days ago.

Now, something completely bizarre happened today in Iridia - because of a bomb explosion, the Harimau ship was blown clean off the track and flew straight left in the air... and landed on top of my ship! He clearly rode piggyback on my Piranha's canopy for at least five seconds until he finally dropped down to my right and continued his merry way :)

Craziness I tells ya!!!