PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get the download to work on a Mac??

megashock5
24th May 2005, 07:57 PM
I tried 3 different browsers and the Java applet kept failing.

Anyone have any luck with this using a Mac?

thanks in advance!

Lion
24th May 2005, 08:07 PM
"loading java applet failed" just now in safari for me too.
sorry no fix but just letting you know it's not just you

yawnstretch
24th May 2005, 09:26 PM
Unfortunately we can't provide links on wipeoutzone to seperate files which worked for mac users in the past. Hopefully the official website will have a solution soon.

defor
24th May 2005, 11:33 PM
If i'm given the ok from Infoxicated.....
I can post the direct link to the public download on Sony's site for all you mac users stuck out there.

If this is a violation of the aforementioned Sony guidelines- sorry for suggesting it.

megashock5
25th May 2005, 03:21 PM
Man, that's unfortunate. I love the fact that the PSP interfaces pretty well with my Mac, but not being able to get the WP update is a blow to the few of us that are Apple users.

defor
25th May 2005, 04:03 PM
Ok to keep wz out of trouble, no i cannot offer the direct link to the download here, but there are a number of other sites with a link to it.

sorry guys...
and thanks Infoxicated!

Sven
26th May 2005, 01:57 AM
Yeah, that pissed me off that the javascript wouldn't load in Safari (or Netscape, or IE). So I resorted to unofficial channels. Although we can't provide links to them, a quick, resourceful look around will reveal them to you.

The people running the site really need to get on top of things...Why did they have to make it so complicated?

djlucite
28th May 2005, 09:39 AM
...if you have a Wireless Access Point, you can download it straight from the PSP. Just go to downloads and when prompted, set up your Infrastructure connection if you haven't already, and you should be set.