PDA

View Full Version : SoL 2

phase 2
19th May 2005, 04:56 AM
SOL 2 is such a great corse its way up in the clouds some clouds evan over lap the corse,some sections have no side walls for falling off,in glassed seating for fans! also there are three people standing close to the finish line just like court side seats for fans or maybe they'r pilots on reserve? definitly high class one of the nicest looking wo corses to date! I actualy was about to win a race here and someones impact from a bomb knocked me rite off the nobarrier side section causing me to lose :cry: I didn't mind seeing that was like the coolest thing to watch. Gold metal art for this level is awsome too as it shows the perspective from which the fans sitt behind the glass looking down at the track! :D its also a very relaxing race here nice and smooth winding turns alow you to kick it down a notch and really absorb the viuw the moon looks awsome also and the constilations remind me of the third track from the original wo game! :o usualy they have the perfect song at this point in the game fitting the track perfect as some of the sound efx in it will remind you of ufo's or some out of this world themes SOL 2 is so so sweet :D and there is so much more PURE has to offer :D

jasperlife
23rd May 2005, 02:27 PM
What i can now say (even after d/l the latest new track ) sol2 is my most favourite track..love it so much. :lol:

mclarensmps
25th May 2005, 04:37 AM
Sol2 is definately a beautiful track to look at and its pretty much fully dependant on your flow! I hit the walls the least on it :oops: although it doesnt beat my fav track in the game, that is, Manor Top... Man is that track fun as hell!!!

Nailing Sol2 with the boosts though, a perfect lap on it just feel sooooooo good!

Dimension
25th May 2005, 05:29 AM
Sol2 is visually very impressive, too easy in fairness though. Sinucit is my fav so far as it suits my technique best, though i'm still waiting to see what's in the download packs.

[Mighty Q Fanboyism]
Hey you think it (Sol2) might be named in honour of Kel "Most Successful Pilot In The History Of AG Racing" Solaar? Would be cool if it was :)
[/Mighty Q Fanboyism]

mclarensmps
25th May 2005, 05:32 AM
heheheh definately a possiblity, but where would the 2 come from? :P 2 A's in his name after the Sol? lol hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... i shouldnt think too much, i come up with bad ideas!

yawnstretch
25th May 2005, 08:05 AM
At the moment my favourite tracks are Mandrashee and Staten Park - you can build up some serious speeds on these tracks - a bit like firestar except that had more speed-ups.

Lovin wipeout pure so much these days - its definitely one of the all time great wipeouts.

A classic.

Cant wait to see the new tracks!!! - I also wonder is there a Sol 1 ;)

Sven
26th May 2005, 01:39 AM
I also wonder is there a Sol 1 ;)Amongst the concept art was an image of a track similar to Sol 2, only much longer and more complex. Maybe that's Sol 1!?

tapioca
26th May 2005, 03:22 AM
This would be great !
What would you think of Altiima VI, Karbonis II, Arridos III, Qoron I then ?
Are the numbers just for a name or is it to designate the final stage of a track the creators worked on ?

mclarensmps
26th May 2005, 03:32 AM
mmm good point tapioca, although it could also be a configuration thing. Maybe the tracks can be used in many different configurations and the configurations available in the game are designated by name.

Kinda like the Nurburgring or the Sarth track in racing, they both have different configurations in which they can be run. Maybe a similar concept in Wipeout?

.... mmm Possibilities!

infoxicated
26th May 2005, 07:24 AM
I also wonder is there a Sol 1 ;)
I'm not going to divulge the information behind Sol 2's name, if only to protect those who might be embarrassed by the revelation, but rest assured... there is no Sol 1. :)

As a track, it's one of my favourite in the game, as it flows really well, although I hate the way the wall juts in on the outside of turn three - that kind of disrupts any side by side racing that might be going on.

Dimension
26th May 2005, 09:56 AM
Oh really? That embarrassing is it? :evilgrin

Lion
26th May 2005, 10:09 AM
Amongst the concept art was an image of a track similar to Sol 2, only much longer and more complex. Maybe that's Sol 1!?
there's also a much shorter/simpler version on the single race rapier vineta-k gold

Sausehuhn
26th May 2005, 10:55 AM
could somebody make some screens of these pics?

Hey, why there aren't any real artworks/wallpapers out now?? If you search for Fusion you will find them anywhere in the net, I want the same thing for Pure :D