PDA

View Full Version : wipeout for psp!?

flying_saucer
3rd May 2005, 02:02 PM
i see there is coming wipeout for the psp?
we are also getting them in holland though but i think they are to expensive.
just have to wait until they reach 150 euros (200$)
the new nintendo DS sux ... comparing to the psp.
the psp gives better graphix and has internet and stuff on it.

ONE WORD : COOL!!!

Sausehuhn
3rd May 2005, 02:27 PM
The new WipEout is only available for the PSP, it's named WipEout Pure. You can get it since March.
The PSP is available in Europe at the 1st September, in Germnay it will cost 250€ (Value Pack). Be sure it won't be so much cheaper in the Netherlands :?
And yes, that's a really high price for a 10 months old console and no special extras...

flying_saucer
3rd May 2005, 04:07 PM
why just wait :P

Zero [RG] [HG]
6th May 2005, 03:27 AM
And idiots over at my school saying that the DS is better than the PSP...

(Note to self: DS= DipShit-DumbStation...)

Oh well "the PSP has Nintendo 64 graphics..." It's the reverse, you stupid nut.

Chill
6th May 2005, 06:11 AM
Well, even though your right, I'm determined to defend it as it has been given to me for Christmas by my parents, who had barely afforded it. It also is still a lot of fun, what other games can use this touch-screen? If you look beyond the graphics and what's the best, it's still fun and has a good touch of gameplay on it. It can do things the PSP can't, and it has games not included on the PSP, like the one I'm waiting for, Castlevania DS. Am totally in love with this game series. :wink:

eLhabib
6th May 2005, 08:41 AM
@ Zero: I'm guessing you don't have a PSP yet? Well, let this stupid kid talk. Even make him feel good about his DS. Act like you wish you had one, too. Then, when you get your PSP, bring it to school, but don't tell him about it. He will come. PSP is like a magnet, believe me, experienced it a lot of times since I have it.

And then his jaw will drop to the floor. And he will never feel good about his DS again. :twisted:

Dimension
6th May 2005, 10:21 AM
Wouldn't be too sure about that eLhabib, you know what the Nintendoids are like, admitting the PSP is better would almost be blasphemy :roll:

Rapier Racer
6th May 2005, 10:58 AM
They will secretly admit it though, then go buy one also in secrete and finally play it in secrete

Lance
6th May 2005, 12:52 PM
then they will secrete tears of joy from their lachrymal glands

eLhabib
6th May 2005, 02:20 PM
NARG! Stop the lousy wordplay! HARR! :pirate

Rapier Racer
6th May 2005, 02:22 PM
aww god damn it im always doing that :evil: :oops:

Chill
6th May 2005, 03:38 PM
Well, I'm still glad that I have something to look forward to. And if the idiots at your school are being really cocky, then let them have all the insight you wan't, but don't get confused over stupidity and politeness, for they could be defending someone if not themselves (like I just did :oops: ). But if they were being cocky, I hope you have a lot of fun. 8)

phase 2
7th May 2005, 04:28 AM
I am playing wipe out PURE fore the PSP rite know as I tipe it kicks some seriouse as$ as fore the PSP Thats the only game I have fore it but I did play Twisted metal on another PSP before. This thing is amazing I still can't believe my eyes thought it would be a little longer before technology got up to this kind of speed. As far as hand helds go whats up with the Tiger Gizmondo.500$ hundred doller price tag on it. Its suposed to be much more than just a gaming system though personaly I think its way to exspensive but I heard that bad boy has gps satalite on it. Any one else have further specs on this thing?
I think the lack of game companies to soport the system will be similar to the lack SONY will have in the PSP movie department unless of corse Tiger and Sony prove me rong.
I would never pay 500$ fore much of anything let alone a Gizmondo its probibly more of a palm pilot fore lawyers or something rite?

Chill
7th May 2005, 05:30 AM
Tiger Gizmondo, hmm, so far it just sounds like the first five letters in it's last game pretty much give it off. It's just another damn Gizmo. :lol: Interesting.

-It's going to be sweet playing GBA3 when it comes out on PSP, man, I agree with Phase, I never thought we'd get this far so soon either, honestly. 8O Even though I don't have it yet, I can already tell it's obviously going to shock me.

eLhabib
7th May 2005, 09:20 AM
Gizmondo :lol: ..... :lol: don't even get me started on this thing. It's hilarious. Apart from the system being utter crap (graphics like an N-Gage), the people who are behind this thing have absolutely no idea of PR and advertising. I saw the system on a game show in Germany, and some old business guy was presenting it to the moderator, and you could tell within a couple of seconds that he didn't even know what the system would look like 5 minutes ago. It seemed like someone just gave him the thing and said 'go present'. So sad it's almost funny. Oh yeah and how are they gonna sell this thing for 500 quid?! OH, IT HAS GPS ON IT! WELL THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING OF COURSE! :lol: :lol: what the bloody hell do I need a GPS in a gaming console for?! It's not like they are gonna use it with any games, is it? :roll:

damn, you did get me started...
I'll go get my pills now. :blarg

Chill
7th May 2005, 09:17 PM
I was just wondering, would it be good or bad if the Pure became so big that it got all content from the entire history of Wipeout? All just bam, right their in the palm of your hand!!! 8O

eLhabib
7th May 2005, 09:23 PM
erm, GOOD.

Axel
7th May 2005, 09:47 PM
That would be very good!! And whats with the DS bashing? I personally feel that all consoles are good. I gotta give it to Nintendo for t least trying to reinvent the market and such. But we all know the real battle begins when ever they release the true successor to the GBA.

Zero [RG] [HG]
8th May 2005, 01:14 AM
But we all know the real battle begins when the release the true successor for the PS2...
:)
And we all know that the PSP kicks major ass...

Dogg Thang
8th May 2005, 02:48 PM
The real battle? Maybe. It's weird - I've actually pretty much stopped playing home consoles. I'm a handheld man. That's why I was so happy when WO Pure was announced for PSP. Now all I need is PSP Lego Star Wars to be announced and I have no reason to use a home console again...

Mobius
8th May 2005, 03:21 PM
I dont think the psp could process the amount of bricks being scattered about when you smash an enemy to pieces. :P

flying_saucer
8th May 2005, 04:19 PM
does the psp give better graphix then the ds????

Does anybody got pics from it ^_^?

eLhabib
8th May 2005, 04:28 PM
WHAT A QUESTION!

ahem
okay, I've composed myself again, here's the answer:

YES!

mercuriaL
8th May 2005, 04:57 PM
Seems like a fanboy war :roll:

eLhabib
8th May 2005, 05:11 PM
even apart from fanboyism, the PSP sports graphics of better-than-PS1 standard on a high resolution display (480x272p), while the DS is only capable of quite-a-bit-worse-than-N64 graphics.

flying_saucer
8th May 2005, 06:58 PM
:o then i shall wait until psp is 150 euros like that ... and then buy with in the pack wipout :D

Axel
9th May 2005, 08:01 PM
Well the only way the psp will ever reach that price is when it's 5 years old or you bought it off someone who found it at the back of a truck :P

Rapier Racer
9th May 2005, 08:40 PM
You wouldn't know where this truck is now would you?

Axel
10th May 2005, 04:40 PM
Well I've been told this truck arrives in my area after the release of the euro psp. So no luck there :wink:

flying_saucer
10th May 2005, 05:40 PM
any one ebay :P ? just wait until they are a few years older :D

phase 2
12th May 2005, 05:37 PM
LoL at every single thing that eLhabib had mentioned in his reply as I agree with allyour points :D But I do think the satalite GPS on the Gizmondo works better for playing wi fi acording so Tiger or something like that its suposed to give you better wireless options it probibly still sucks anyways. LOL the DS better than the PSP? not in a milion years plus what other hand held has a wipe out game? agree with Flyen Saucer though Next Gen hand helds in the future? you mite be able to click the d pad to the left and be able to change tv channels or somthing? 8O Imagin wipE OuT on those kind of systems? I would marvel at the pure Magnificence.

phoenixx
21st May 2005, 02:49 PM
does the psp give better graphix then the ds????

Does anybody got pics from it ^_^?

I didn`t want to buy a PSP. Until I held it in my hands. Wow. It blows the DS away.

Lion
21st May 2005, 10:23 PM
seeing my PSP has sold it to 3 other people :)
and wipeout to 2 of those :P

flying_saucer
6th July 2005, 04:09 PM
cant wait until im gonna get it in my hands :twisted:

i saw movie and i think it definetly owns the DS :P
But its just to expensive to buy for now :D

Or maybe i should get a job :P lol

Drakkenmensch
6th July 2005, 08:06 PM
Sony has a brilliant marketing idea in my city - a trio of pretty girls with each a pair of PSPs you could hold in your hands and try, walking around downtown and asking you if you want to play with one a few minutes.

Wow. Wipeout blew me away and made me want one BAD.

Plus, the girl who showed it to me was a charming little redhead with freckles. I'm so weak to girls like that :D

Sausehuhn
6th July 2005, 08:20 PM
Girles combined with PSPs... I want that :D

eLhabib
6th July 2005, 09:01 PM
pretty girls with each a pair of PSPs you could hold in your hands and try

:D PSPs you call them. haha. :wink:

Lance
6th July 2005, 09:09 PM
Pretty Special Protuberances?

eLhabib
6th July 2005, 09:16 PM