PDA

View Full Version : Music in wipeout3 ps1

flying_saucer
3rd May 2005, 01:56 PM
what music u like at wipeout3???
there is some cool music in wipeout 3.
and i think its just still a really good game.
it never gets bored and stuff:D

Sausehuhn
3rd May 2005, 02:42 PM
I like the music of Fusion/Pure most, but there are really good tracks in Wip3out as well (and of course in the games before that).

I really like
Xpander by Sasha,
Lethal Cut by Propellerheads
Avenue by Paul van Dyk
and:
Control by MKL
- since I played the demo of the game the first time I can't get it out of my head. Maybe there are not many changes in this track, but the main melody is a thing you can't forget.
At the moment I got Wip3out, I haden't play the demo for years. But as the track began to play I suddenly knew these feelings I had when I had play the demo, after the first notes I knew the whole track in my mind.
It was a fantstic moment. Floaty, free and fast.
:D

Chill
3rd May 2005, 03:27 PM
I liked music from Wipeout 3 a lot, even though some others don't. Sure can't wait tell I can get that game again!! :roll:

Dimension
4th May 2005, 06:39 AM
I like a lot of the music from Wip3out, Sasha managed to collect a nice selection of tracks that avoided much of the cheese that trance was already beginning to pump out in '99, check it out: my audioscrobbler page (http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/Smooth3/), what's the most played track? Xpander, also, icaras, FEISAR, pirhana, auricom and kittens are currently on there, that prettymuch describes my favourites list from the game. Xpander is one of my fav. tracks period, kittens would be my second choice on the game, pirhana and icaras following, all top tracks. Only track i'd say i don't dig is Van Dyk's Avenue, but you can't have everything :)

infoxicated
4th May 2005, 08:47 AM
There's only a couple on the W3 soundtrack that I find tiresome, yet they fit the ambience of the game so well that I just let them play. Favourites would have to be Control, Avenue and the better Sasha ones, along with Under the Influence.

Although subsequent games have offered more variety, I believe that Wipeout 3's whole package of design, gameplay and music fits together better than almost every other game I've played. Hence we have a website here. :)

Lance
4th May 2005, 12:15 PM
that package is also why i ended up looking for everything i could find on the web about Wipeout, and found this place. :) !!

Chill
4th May 2005, 03:45 PM
^^^^^^Me too!!^^^^^^ Of course, I had a bit slower find than you, and I couldn't figure out the whole disscussion-member thing, but I came around after a few years later. :wink: Under the Influence, a great one. :) I don't have the game to say more, but Foxx is completely right, I always thought it was a great mix all in one!! 8O

Leftism
13th May 2005, 12:07 PM
Under The Influence
Kittens
The first Sasha tune
Lethal Cut
Control

username
22nd May 2005, 09:25 AM
i agree that the music in wip3out is good
the best track in wipeout 1 was something called MESSIJ i think that was what it was called anyway :)

mclarensmps
25th May 2005, 04:59 AM
Definately without a doubt its Xpander... a forever classic just like the game!!!!

username
16th June 2005, 08:10 PM
there are only about 2 other tracks in wipe out 3 that i like 8O though these are control mkl and goteki 45 sash the others i dont mind but are a little bland :cry:

Shem
16th June 2005, 11:33 PM
I think i'm the only one here, who doesn't like any track of wip3out. I really dont. Well, Kittens and Lethal Cut were quite easy for me to stomach, but that was because I already knew Kittens long before Wipeout 3 (and I even thought it should be used in the next Wipeout, what a surprise it was when time showed that it actually was in Wipeout 3), and Lethal Cut was just good. I think that Sasha's track were a mistake, and MKL's track shouldn't be there too. I think it went all around legal issues that the OST was not fully licensed.

Dimension
17th June 2005, 03:56 AM
What happened to you being a Chems fan Shem? What about their track? :?

Shem
17th June 2005, 07:45 AM
i'm not a big fan of 'Surrender' LP that 'under the influence' comes from. I still think that "Dig your own hole" was their best.

superjar
26th September 2005, 01:05 AM
I like the chemical brothers a lot, but 'under the influence' isn't between my faves.
I prefer their tracks for WO2097 ('Dust Up Beats' & 'Loops Of Fury)

From W3O I like Kittens by Underworld, and Sasha's tracks (specially Icaras and Xpander, which is just great)

Alphonse75020
27th September 2005, 11:48 AM
I think that everybody loves Xpander, probably the best track in the Wipeout series

ExO
27th September 2005, 02:14 PM
oh yes! Xpander was my reason to come to wipeout a few years ago. While I was searching for a movie-soundtrack (it was FSOL's Papua New Guinea) I found soundtracks from fusion and W3 and was impressed by a Xpander sample. After the soundtrack, the games were discovered and my life has changed forever...
First there was music, then the light followed ;)

I don't/can't listen to this track every day, but it's in every of my playlists!

The music in pure fits perfect to the game, but doesn't catch me like Wip3out's soundtrack does.

flying_saucer
27th September 2005, 08:09 PM
Lol yep it is true that xpander is a nice song i like all songs as far as i can remember.
i love playing on my 80cm diagonal tv :D big

Seek100
27th September 2005, 09:40 PM
The only w3o track I can actually stomach is Know Where to Run by Orbital, the rest is too bland and samey for me, w3o was a big downer for my stylistically compared to the more, energetic offerings of the wipEout and 2097 soundtracks, same for the graphical stylings aswell. Oh well...