PDA

View Full Version : The 279 gold medal (ALL downloads) challenge *JAP*

Purist
25th April 2005, 09:40 AM
:idea: has anyone out there lucky enough to possess the JAP edition, gained all 269 gold medals yet :?:

If so... get posting those pics... if only the 'rating' name of 'purist' changed to something... purEr? :D

21.10.05 ammended to reflect the plausability of 279 medals obtainable. :wink:

Purist
25th April 2005, 01:33 PM
That's a... NO then?

OOOOOoooooooooooooo hope I'm the first! (as yet on 142 and got a busy evening ahead... grrrrrr :evil: )

infoxicated
25th April 2005, 02:21 PM
And you had to bump your own topic just a few hours after the original post? :brickwall

Dogg Thang
25th April 2005, 07:43 PM
Well Purist it seems you're the only one here with a japanese copy so'll you'll be the first. Even if I got one I'd have to work all the way up from nothing again. That could be fun though...

stin
25th April 2005, 08:55 PM
Once I will get an eventually PSP then I will get a Japs version eventually also an American as well in near future!

Yes I know they are all the same but I want them all!

stevie :wink:

Purist
27th April 2005, 09:36 AM
146 at present, the Staten Park time trials are proving extremely tough :cry:

mercuriaL
29th April 2005, 08:48 PM
I have like 20... :(

perfecide
30th April 2005, 05:00 AM
I'm at 47 and about to unlock rapier. pumped!!!

Seek100
30th April 2005, 11:17 AM
Only 47 and you're about to unlock Rapier!? I take it you haven't got all the Vector, Venom and Flash medals yet then perfecide?

I'm currently on 104 and halfway through Rapier, 2 out of 4 Zone.

103 of those are gold, 1 is silver - Rapier Citta Nuova is f**king breaking my balls, I've even switched from my beloved Feisar in an attempt to beat that one track and it's still impossible for me so far.

Purist
30th April 2005, 12:05 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr :cry:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/kevs355/golds.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/kevs355/golds2.jpg

Mobius
3rd May 2005, 04:08 PM
Heh, that save data file is pretty clever. It can tell you your rank without even having to load the game!

I guess you have a jap psp then purist - oh and keep on practitcing!

Dimension
4th May 2005, 06:45 AM
Come on Purist, not got those elusive last 6 yet? Not too much of a problem really though, you'll have another bunch to get all over when the next release is available :) Good luck with that. 8)

Purist
4th May 2005, 07:15 AM
It's so harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd! :cry: am I complaining though? not ruddy likely :D

Dimension
4th May 2005, 08:01 AM
Right on, glad it's not wearing you down :)

mercuriaL
10th May 2005, 12:21 AM
103 of those are gold, 1 is silver - Rapier Citta Nuova is f**king breaking my balls, I've even switched from my beloved Feisar in an attempt to beat that one track and it's still impossible for me so far.
Jesus yes I can't beat this track either.. :(

eLhabib
10th May 2005, 06:52 AM
yeah, citta nuova is definitely the hardest one. here's two cents on how to beat it.

the first critical point is the steep hairpin: be sure to stay on the very left side of the track when you climb, and cut the right turn very early, almost hitting the center with your nose. Also be sure to catch the double speed pad.

the second critical point is the corkscrew. be sure to push your nose down (by pressing up) on left turns. also try not to use the airbrakes too much, they will make you lose momentum. better slow down a bit by releasing the thruster then and there. if you have a turbo pickup, save it for the hairpin AFTER the corkscrew, because you get really slow there if you hit the wall. If you get an autopilot on citta nuova, KEEP IT! It's the only track in this game where you can be a lot faster with an AP. use it in the corkscrew but only after the third hard left turn, when you pass under the billboard. any earlier and the AP will mess up, flying into walls or off the track.

hope this helps.

perfecide
11th May 2005, 05:41 AM
Only 47 and you're about to unlock Rapier!? I take it you haven't got all the Vector, Venom and Flash medals yet then perfecide?

I'm currently on 104 and halfway through Rapier, 2 out of 4 Zone.

Yeah, I like to push hard and unlock everything before I get good at the game, then I feel more relaxed and my skills grow easier as I'm not concerned with finding out what comes next, I just enjoy the rest of the experience. I have to learn to be not concerned from the start, and maybe I'd get better faster :]

Rouni Kenshin#1
12th May 2005, 01:18 AM
Yo i'm at 94 and bleieve that Cittia Nova is the hardest $%#$#$% track ever!

Lion
12th May 2005, 04:05 PM
is it possible to get medals in time trial?
if so, how?
if not, why does it appear in the medal tables in the profile?

perfecide
12th May 2005, 07:15 PM
It is very possible to get medals in TT. It just takes a little practice at first. You'll notice in the upper right corner of the screen what time you have to beat to get a medal.

Seek100
12th May 2005, 08:16 PM
You'll find it very difficult to do time-trail if the team you normally use isn't suited to it, for example when I started doing TTs I used Feisar like I do in races (not cause I suck with the faster ships, I just prefer Feisar's designs) and could barely get bronze medals on the Vector TTs, I switched to Assegai and instantly won every Vector TT in 1 go each, though I've found at higher speeds the better acceleration and handling of Harimau makes them the best normal ship to use. Of course if you have it the Zone ship will make it much easier. Too easy really :roll:

Purist
16th May 2005, 01:37 PM
So, I gather 164 can now be attained?

*Mr Burns to Smithers tone* - excellllent

Lion
17th May 2005, 02:01 PM
got a bunch of timetrial golds now... good for learning where the speed boosts are, it's helping my general lines :)
this is weird for me. I've never played a wipeout game this intensely before. In the past I've concentrated on simply getting round the track in one piece, this time I am concentrating on getting a good line and holding it, weapons are incedental
it gives the game a whole new dimension that I haven't explored before

Purist
17th May 2005, 04:12 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/kevs355/157.jpg

157 and counting

Dogg Thang
18th May 2005, 05:41 PM
Well I'm using this topic rather than the other as this was here first and I'm not sure why we'd need two. Anyway... I'm on 149 so far. Those Staten Park time trials are nasty! I really like that they upped the time challenge on it compared with the previous tracks. I hope they continue that.

Going to try to get 154 this evening.

Of course if my jp copy ever arrives I'll be back to 0!

Purist
18th May 2005, 06:38 PM
Waiting on that first DELTA pack now... anyone else out there with the JAP version?

Dogg Thang
18th May 2005, 06:41 PM
Heh, until I get my copy (which should have arrived ages ago) it looks like you're on your own! (seems a bit nuts to have two so similar threads - shouldn't they be merged?)

Dogg Thang
20th May 2005, 09:16 PM
Well I finally got my jp copy. I love Sebenco Peak. It doesn't look as pretty as I hoped (I was hoping for more snow and ice, like Silverstream in a blizzard) but the layout is fantastic. It may actually be my favourite track so far! It's got a lot of little twists and a great climb. Very cool.

The Van-Uber ship handles well but its look wouldn't be to my tastes. I do like the paint job on it though! It's cool that it doesn't look just like the Fusion craft - it's quite different.

But that puts me back to 0 medals! I've just got about 5 now.

Sausehuhn
21st May 2005, 11:44 AM
Do you have some ingame movies of the new track and Van Uber? I don't mean the menue screen, I mean a real race.
That would be fantastic! :D

Dogg Thang
21st May 2005, 12:02 PM
I don't but it may be possible for me to take some. I've never used video on my didgital camera before. I'll have a go later and see what I can do!

phoenixx
21st May 2005, 03:29 PM
I'm at 47 and about to unlock rapier. pumped!!!

I'm at 38 and in phantom beta. I don't like TT too much.

jasperlife
22nd May 2005, 03:14 PM
my friends brought back wipeout this afternoon and finally i have unblocked all last five level .

the new GAMMA track is amazing :wink: and i think beside this one , sol2 is the best .

lol..waiting for the delta pack ...

Vortex
22nd May 2005, 07:10 PM
I have the Japanese version on order, should come later this week. Can't wait to see what the climb section of Sebenco Peak is like :)

Hellfire_WZ
2nd June 2005, 05:34 PM
Mind if I join the 164 club? :D

http://uk.geocities.com/ce_hellfire/WP164.jpg

Dogg Thang
25th June 2005, 06:06 PM
Well I now have 194 Gold medals in the JP version along with 154 in the US version. Of course now with the new tracks, I'll be hoping to bump that to 174 tomorrow!

Next month, we'll be passing the 200 mark! That's a lot of medals. Funny, I was playing Pure with a mate last weekend (first time I played over wi-fi, which was very cool!) and he had 3. Just 3 medals. Some people just aren't dedicated, eh?

Hellfire_WZ
25th June 2005, 06:32 PM
I know what you mean. I've got a mate at college who got the Japanese version of Pure and we had a bash on multiplayer a few weeks ago. I'd only had it two days longer than him and I absolutely annihilated him. Doesn't sound too remarkable, but I got a text from him a couple of days ago and he "still sucks so bad it's not funny" in his exact words. Hopefully he'll have improved somewhat when we go back to college, it'd be nice to have someone in halls who is good competition. I'm sure I can be a good coach if he hasn't though.

I'm on 194 as well, already looking forward to next month. :wink:

Drakkenmensch
25th June 2005, 06:47 PM
Obtaining gold medals in time trial is very hard, especially in the gamma tracks, for the simple reason that the time you would score by casually beating the track in single race is not good enough for even a bronze medal.

The keys for getting a better time and eventually gold medals are as follow:

1) Don't hit walls. That costs you so much speed, one badly taken turn can kill your entire performance.

2) Get as many speed pads as you can, even those right before sharp turns. The speed they give is critical in beating the record times. Just learn to steer better to make up for it.

3) Know the tracks by heart. Know where EVERY turn is located and HOW to handle each one not to lose speed. Nothing beats experience, it's the Way to Carnegie Hall.

4) Know WHERE to use your speed boosts to maximize their efficiency. Often you can use one right before a small hill in the track and turn a tiny hump into a launching ramp, thus giving you a chance to perform a barrel roll - thus getting ANOTHER free speed boost. Use barrel rolls at EVERY opportunity, if you're not hitting walls, then low shields are no concern, even with the Zone craft.

5) DON'T. HIT. WALLS. I'm not kidding here. I can't think of how many golds I missed by less than 50 hundredths of a second because of one turn where I scraped the outside wall.

6) Never give up. I know it sounds obvious, but it bears repeating.

7) Learn the tracks... again. Every time you go up one speed class, you'll have to figure out how to handle the tracks all over again.

I've gotten every time trial gold in Flash class and under, except for the two new gamma tracks - and it's just a matter of time now :wink:

Purist
25th June 2005, 07:28 PM
Dogg and Hellfire... GITS! - 171 and counting...

Oh and congrats on acquiring your new mod status Dogg :D

Hellfire_WZ
25th June 2005, 07:59 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about that! Best of luck to you Dogg. :)

Purist
16th July 2005, 01:50 PM
Updated thread title for the few (if any) that have WIRE05 download :D

Purist
20th July 2005, 03:00 PM
Confused? - what with this exclusive and the announcment of a 'classic pack 2' on it's way on the 1st August. How come the Japanese site is still stating something along the lines of a release in July http://www.playstation.jp/scej/title/wipeout/ has that now been dropped from the schedule? :?

Vortex
20th July 2005, 04:31 PM
I was thinking the same thing, perhaps the Wire05 exclusive is the Jap download for July, and the future downloads will be released with the US ones?

Hellfire_WZ
20th July 2005, 04:49 PM
Shouldn't think so as it wasn't made publicly available. It'd be a bit unfair to push back the rest for the sake of one pack that only a select few have access to.

Purist
20th July 2005, 06:29 PM
yea, but if you go on the downloads section... it specifically mentions July with a '7' after the three gamma packs... do you see?

I really think we're gonna miss out on that pack and just be caught up to by the yanks with the 2nd classic pack :cry:

Hellfire_WZ
20th July 2005, 07:01 PM
Yeah I know, but that is labelled Delta Pack, not WIRE05. I'm personally not too confident of seeing it this month either, but the early release of the US Gamma 3 does suggest that they're bringing the two sets in line with each other. Maybe we'll see something nearer the end of the month.

Dogg Thang
20th July 2005, 07:03 PM
I would think you're right Hellfire. That would make sense.

Purist
20th July 2005, 07:08 PM
Yeah I know, but that is labelled Delta Pack, not WIRE05...

Ahhhh, I didn't know, I couldn't translate that cause it's an image and not text... so they HAVE said DELTA in July huh?!?! I hope they keep their promise! - 'someone' should tell em' that people are waiting for it!

syckls
20th July 2005, 09:37 PM
Learning how to read katakana is quite possibly the most efficient way to read Japanese you come across on the internet. Although not knowing how to read kanji is a major liability, katakana can sometimes help you get the gist of things.

I think what's going on is perfectly fair. You folks get Wire05 (plus a new music track), and we get to catch up.

Purist
27th July 2005, 05:43 PM
Willy waving it may be but I wonder who'll be first? 8)

Hellfire_WZ
28th July 2005, 11:20 AM
Allow me to be the first to sign with 214 golds :)

Dogg Thang
28th July 2005, 07:50 PM
Well you can put your willy away Purist - I just got my 224th Gold medal.

Man, that Anulpha Pass Phantom is tough. I thought it had beaten me. That skinny raised section seems easy in the lower speeds but getting on it and staying on it consistantly for 5 laps in Phantom is really nasty. I love the new tracks though!

Hellfire_WZ
28th July 2005, 09:14 PM
I actually found Iridia a lot tougher, the AI is absolutely brutal. Being such an open track there's little to hide behind. The thin section on Anulpha Pass I didn't find too bad, but I think the heavier craft can handle it easier as they don't turn so sharply if you just want a small directional change. My Triakis took it really well.

Purist
29th July 2005, 06:41 AM
Wow, I really need to invest more time on this, I'm currently on a measly 195... :evil: I HATE THOSE STATEN PARK TT's!!!

...and to think, just 2 days away from even MORE new tracks 8)

Kyro
1st August 2005, 12:39 PM
hi, do you know where i could get a jap wipeout pure savegame ?

i only have us version of the game and have beaten it 100% so far (only waiting for the classic pack now...) but a friend of mine lent me the jap version, but i dont feel like getting again all the gold medal ;)

so has anyone a savegame with all gold medal except for the races not in the us version (delta pack & Wire05), but if it s 100% with those races, i m still interested ;)

thanks in advance

Purist
1st August 2005, 01:40 PM
Where do the MODS stand on this?

I have 197 :roll: at the moment, so if they give me the nod... they're all yours buddy...

Click below for my MSN addy

infoxicated
1st August 2005, 02:09 PM
Swapping saves / ghosts (wooo-ooo) is fine by me - it's your save. It's swapping Sony content that isn't allowed.

Kyro
1st August 2005, 03:21 PM
Where do the MODS stand on this?

I have 197 :roll: at the moment, so if they give me the nod... they're all yours buddy...

Click below for my MSN addy
i ve added you ;)
and if you want some more fame, post your save here : http://www.pspsaves.net/

fusionfrenzy
3rd August 2005, 12:25 PM
It feels like i'm never going to get maxxed medals like others here- my save file with a meagre 178 golds was corrupted :evil: , so i've spent the last few days slowly building back up to 138 with my trusty Gotekki.

Purist
1st September 2005, 07:54 PM
:?: Can I just confirm, is the maximum now available 249 (including WIRE05)?

Hellfire_WZ
1st September 2005, 08:01 PM
Yeah, it will be when Delta 2 is released.

Purist
1st September 2005, 09:47 PM
Cheers Hellfire :D

Guff
4th September 2005, 10:38 AM
I have 248 gold at this moment

i only need time trial Khara Descent on Flash (!) :oops:

Dogg Thang
4th September 2005, 10:53 AM
Yeah, that's really tough.

Guff
4th September 2005, 11:28 AM
Ok made it :D :D :D
Needed one perfect lap with 2 flips and hitting all the pads which gave me some extra time for the other 3 laps

Here are my current stats with screenshots:

Wipeout Pure JAP 249 gold:
- http://members.home.nl/guffy/DSC01693.JPG
- http://members.home.nl/guffy/DSC01694.JPG
- http://members.home.nl/guffy/DSC01696.JPG

Wipeout Pure USA 224 gold:
- http://members.home.nl/guffy/DSC01687.JPG
- http://members.home.nl/guffy/DSC01688.JPG
- http://members.home.nl/guffy/DSC01690.JPG

Wipeout Pure EUR 23 gold (just started with it a few days ago)

I LOVE THIS GAME

Purist
4th September 2005, 03:32 PM
8O Wow, well done! - nice quality pics too, my tag feels kinda redundant now :oops: ... maybe I should change it to 'unpurE'? :roll:

Purist
13th October 2005, 07:22 PM
The willy is back out... Guff?

Hellfire_WZ
13th October 2005, 08:32 PM
Yep, done it. :P

Purist
13th October 2005, 08:53 PM
Go Hellfire! just 250 for me :cry:

Purist
21st October 2005, 05:50 PM
8O WOW! have we really got to 314 already?

5 for each single race
5 for each time trial
=40

and...

5 for the league
=45

Dogg Thang
21st October 2005, 05:52 PM
You sure it's that high, Purist? We still have two more JP classic packs to go remember.

Purist
21st October 2005, 05:55 PM
Balls! yea my mistake.. what was I thinkin'?!?! DOH! it's only pack 2 of four innit! :oops:

279! :D

Hellfire_WZ
21st October 2005, 07:12 PM
Total's 279 now.

stin
21st October 2005, 08:24 PM
8O

Still a loooong way to go, mind you I have played about 9days and just got 50 golds but will get there in the end!

stevie :)

Distrupto
22nd October 2005, 03:18 AM
meanwhile, I stick around at 140.....

edit: oops, this is only for JAP, never mind.

Purist
22nd October 2005, 09:06 AM
Nevermind, I'm on a paltry 252.... those dreaded Sebenco Peak and Exostra Run TT''s grrrrrrr :evil:

flying_saucer
24th October 2005, 03:37 PM
o yeha got it 2 days and reformatted my stick :wink: now im back at 6 gold medals again! *applause* thank you :p im gonna do some time trails now :) i have jap version also ;P