PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my NeGcon

AmishRobot
22nd March 2002, 03:47 AM
It's been a few years, but I finally got onto ebay and found one for only $13 from a nice Canadian fellow.

I received it last week and plugged it in. It took a little getting used to, but withing five races I finally beat the Phantom Terminal race challenge, which I've been trying to do for months! I then proceeded to bust through the almost all the remaining challenges, hardly losing an attempt. I have no doubt this controller is superior.

Here's my only problem. In order to beat some new records (and that elusive Vector TT Porto Kora 1 minute mark!), I need to use the hyperthrust. I still haven't been able to find a way to use it without moving my finger away from the accellerator button or having one control scheme for normal racing and one for records. For those that use the NeGcon, do you have any recommendations? How do you set it up?

vincoof
26th March 2002, 08:34 PM
I use it exclusively for Time Trial, thus I can deal a bit better with the lack of buttons :)
Though, I haven't used it for a while and didn't even tried it on Fusion. shame on me ;)

JABBERJAW
26th March 2002, 09:23 PM
r=gas l=hyperthrust 2=left brake B=Right brake last two are personal preference. This way you can hit gas and hyperthrust and other buttons as well at the same time.

AmishRobot
28th March 2002, 08:59 AM
Wow, that sounds like it would work, but after more than 6 years of conditioning, I'm not sure I could adapt to not using shoulder buttons for airbrakes.

So far I've had it set up as ii=accel., i=hyperthrust, b=fire, a=drop. It allows me to hit gas and thrust at the same time, but forces me to let up for any weapon activity. Fortunately 20+ years of videogaming have honed the nimbleness of my digits, so it seems to be working well. I'll give your setup a shot Al, but I think I had best wait until the MegaMall challenge is over before I do the damage! :lol: