PDA

View Full Version : Fusion is coming to the US

G-Hob
22nd March 2002, 01:50 AM
Read about it here...

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2857290,00.html

You would have to think that they would fix some of the bugs, the slowdown, and put in the ability to configure each button given the game was released at the end of last year, giving them 6 months to work out the kinks.

A version of Fusion with a few important improvements would be fantastic stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: G-Hob on 2002-03-22 10:03 ]</font>

AmishRobot
22nd March 2002, 03:15 AM
Happy, happy day! Here's more good news:

"WipEout Fusion comes complete with a backdrop of cutting-edge dance soundtracks from some of the world's most acclaimed electronic music artists such as Orbital, Plump DJs and Timo Maas."
I don't know about any of you, but I was a bit concerned that there might be issues with licensing all the music. I had this deep-seated fear that I would end up racing to Rob Zombie's "Dragula" or Lenny Kravitz's version of "American Woman" <shudder!>

And this less than a week after I found a new NeGcon! :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AmishRobot on 2002-03-22 04:15 ]</font>

Wiseman
22nd March 2002, 04:39 AM
Thanks for the extra bit of news there, AmishRobot, the music was one of the things I was worrying about.

But I knew it would happen this way, I said that another company would pick it up back at the old boards (although I personally thought that THQ would've picked it up).

So now Bam is bringing over 2 games I really want to play, Wipeout Fusion (of course) and Way of the Samurai (Samurai in Japan), which is the game that was made by the people who did Tenchu (gotta love Tenchu).

LOL, I'm liking Bam already... :lol

Task
22nd March 2002, 07:40 AM
YES!
Okay, I'll hafta get myself a PS2 by this summer then... No problem...
It's been tough, holding off this long, but it's the principle of the matter, you know?

BurnHead
22nd March 2002, 02:05 PM
Ooooops... I've completely overseen this topic. I've created a similar one in the Fusion forum... :grin:

Hybrid Divide
22nd March 2002, 03:49 PM
Can someone copy the text and paste it into this forum from the gamespot site. I can't access it because of this damn internet filter I have here at school.

And... WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUSION IS COMMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woot!!
Vagrant Logic OUT

Wamdue
22nd March 2002, 05:26 PM
The US version even got some extra game-modes, you´re all worth it for waiting this long :smile:

Wiseman
23rd March 2002, 05:03 AM
Here you go Vagrant Logic. :smile:

Sony and Bam Entertainment reach a publishing agreement for two PlayStation 2 games.

Sony Computer Entertainment Europe and Bam Entertainment have announced that they have reached an agreement that will let Bam publish both Wipeout Fusion and Dropship in North America. This agreement expands on the original agreement that Bam made with Sony to publish World Rally Championship in North America.
"We are delighted to confirm that we are expanding our publishing deal with Bam Entertainment, who has demonstrated focus, energy, and commitment to driving the PS2 and its superb range of software titles to the North American market," said Phil Harrison, senior vice president of development at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. "The Wipeout/Dropship agreement underlines our confidence in Bam Entertainment as a valued and trusted publishing partner, and we look forward to working together with them."

"Given the impact that the Wipeout series had on the original PlayStation, and the positive editorial reviews for Dropship, these titles are highly anticipated games on the PS2," said Bernard Stolar, president and COO of Bam Entertainment. "Once again, the development team at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe offers the North American market superb content, stunning graphics, and challenging gameplay."

Wipeout Fusion is a futuristic antigravity racer that lets players compete on unique-looking tracks, complete with corkscrews, jumps, barrel rolls, and loops. The game will have improved ship and pilot AI, as well as six modes, including a revised arcade mode, a full league mode, and elimination and secret zone modes. Dropship: United Peace Force is set in the year 2050, when the United Nations and NATO have been replaced by the United Peacekeeping Force. Players will be able to take control of different ground and air combat vehicles while trying to defeat a political plot that threatens world peace.

Both games will be released for the PlayStation 2 this summer.

zargz
23rd March 2002, 10:21 AM
Bernard Stolar??!! .. kel solaar .. ?? hmm .. :razz:

Stalker
25th March 2002, 07:44 AM
Damn yanks... Getting elimination mode.. *mrrrgrrr*
Aren´t they pretty good at eliminating each other already? ;-)

BurnHead
25th March 2002, 11:01 AM
It seems that I will have to buy the American version, too, once it gets released there. *sigh* :D

But then I can sell my PAL (australian :D) copy of the game first...

Confusion
25th March 2002, 03:48 PM
I demand they do a Special Edition with Eliminator! That was my favourite mode!

AmishRobot
28th March 2002, 12:05 PM
Holy hell!

I just got around to reading about the elimination mode! I was only a couple weeks ago that I talked about how bummed I was that it was gone.

I can already feel my testosterone levels rising. :o My aggression will not be denied! :lol:

Damn yanks... Getting elimination mode.. *mrrrgrrr*
Aren´t they pretty good at eliminating each other already?

What can I say? Americans love their wars, especially when they're wars on concepts that we can attach to anything we don't like. For the record, we're not all ignorant war-mongering coke fiends... just our president.