PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout pure japanese version

JABBERJAW
15th April 2005, 02:34 PM
Does anyone know a website where I can buy this for a reasonable price? On ebay it was 47$ plus shipping.

Dogg Thang
15th April 2005, 02:37 PM
That's not actually a bad price for the JP version. I can't think where you would find it cheaper. I think it's usually just under $60.

def
15th April 2005, 05:09 PM
you probably wont be able to find it for less than $45, msrp is 4800yen, a bit more expensive than the US version

Purist
18th April 2005, 11:28 AM
Here be mine.... http://www.dcslinks.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1378

Couldn't be assed risking my cash on eBay :D

Space Cowboy
18th April 2005, 11:40 AM
Hey guys, when you get your beloved Jap versions, it would be nice to know what the DL content is like? :wink:

yawnstretch
18th April 2005, 05:10 PM
Yeah - do we know whether the music files are seperate files to the maps skins etc? ie can we replace them with our own music files???? 8O

Purist
18th April 2005, 05:27 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmm :? I keep seeing posts referring to downloadable/changable music. I'm sure the mods have said it ain't gonna/can't happen so how come folk keep going on bout this? - accept it guys and just enjoy the current tunes!!! :lol: OR just take your iPod or walkman with you!

However, with regards to the JAP version, as promised elsewhere I'll tell all when I receive it.

Lance
18th April 2005, 05:31 PM
you'd need a mixer to blend the separate music with the sound effects from the PSP, assuming that the SFX and the PSP music have separate volume control.

Concept
18th April 2005, 05:39 PM
They do in Pure.

yawnstretch
18th April 2005, 08:18 PM
Has anyone watched the videos on IGN of the new track and ship?

The new track looks bloody gorgeous.

One point instantly reminded me of the 1995 EDGE cover for wipEout one.

Concept
18th April 2005, 08:26 PM
IGN have got the new track up on video?

Cheers, didn't know that. Time to pay them a visit.

Indeed. Absolutely beautiful. I'm surprised this track hasn't made it into the original UMD release, considering Pure's (initial) track range is arguably unbalanced by the last three tracks all looking similar to each other.

I mentioned Sinuit having a Gare D'Europa flavour, but Staten Park has an Odessa Keys flavour to it.

Actually, that's probably doing it a disservice. It has its own unique flavour... very distinctive. Evening and night time tracks are great in the Wipeout universe.

Dogg Thang
18th April 2005, 09:05 PM
Nice, very cool indeed. Now....where's my download, SCEA?

Concept
18th April 2005, 09:28 PM
The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that perhaps they're delaying the first US download nearer the European launch so as not to make the inequalities (in terms of differing track numbers between the two versions) look too bad when Pure launches over here. That and the fact US downloads will encourage more impatient Wipeout players to perhaps import, which they're more likely to do with a US version than Japanese.

We shall see. I wish they'd announce something soon though.

Still... look at it this way. Roughly four weeks until E3, which I'd imagine SCEA would have to announce something at.

Purist
18th April 2005, 09:32 PM
:( link guys???

Concept
18th April 2005, 09:36 PM
http://media.psp.ign.com/media/682/682962/vids_1.html :)

eLhabib
18th April 2005, 09:57 PM
OMFG! this track is just sooo altima! sweet heavens! this game is getting better and better and better.

Purist
18th April 2005, 09:58 PM
http://psp.ign.com/articles/605/605068p1.html :D SWEET!!!

eLhabib
18th April 2005, 10:03 PM
uhm, yes... purist, you're a little late on that one... -maybe you should read some posts before posting yourself :mr-t

Lance
18th April 2005, 10:14 PM
el habib, where is that same link posted elsewhere on the forums?

eLhabib
18th April 2005, 10:25 PM
the link provided by concept leads to the same article. well, OKAY, to the videos connected to the article, but I hope everyone on these forums is smart enough to figure that out.

Lance
18th April 2005, 10:30 PM
:)
PS: uh oh. you know what happens when one is always expecting the best.

eLhabib
18th April 2005, 11:08 PM
cheers

Tokai
18th April 2005, 11:58 PM
did you try www.lik-sang.com?

perhaps they will have it soon...Recently they shipped Pure US version worldwide for free ;)

Chill
19th April 2005, 01:16 AM
Yes, I know I'm late, but that track looks freagn' awesome!!! :P I know they already had one raining track, but I thought it cool if you could switch that track between raining and not. Of course, it isn't possible, but if it was, that would be cool! 8)

Purist
19th April 2005, 07:01 AM
uhm, yes... purist, you're a little late on that one... -maybe you should read some posts before posting yourself :mr-t - DOH! :roll:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
'First Look: Wipeout Update
Videos of the new ship and track, straight from Japan.
by Anoop Gantayat
April 18, 2005 - So, you've....'
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Indeed, the link WAS to some videos. However, mine was to the story...so there, nar nar nar nar nar :D

eLhabib
19th April 2005, 10:24 AM
I was just wondering, because on an earlier post you asked for a link, then concept provided it, and then you linked to that same article, too, or at least to a realated link. Nevermind though. :D

Lance
19th April 2005, 12:24 PM
i believe i had already [in a rather low key way] pointed out that it was indeed a link to the article rather than the videos, and that el habib had already noted this in his earlier reply. no need for ''nar, nar'', although i think it was probably meant only jokingly. :) at least i found it humorous. text leaves a lot of room for misinterpretation, though, so i'm just brandishing the fire extinguisher ;)

Purist
19th April 2005, 07:13 PM
Ooooh it was, it was! 8) ... while I'm here, excellent vids, thanks for the info yawnstretch and concept!!! keep up the good work :D

yawnstretch
20th April 2005, 09:46 AM
:wink:

Purist
20th April 2005, 05:28 PM
Well, it's FINALLY here :D ... I've just uploaded some pictures to my photo album... by all means feel free to look AG fans!

front :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/kevs355/5ecd00ae.jpg

rear 8O
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/kevs355/51706295.jpg

inside 8)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/kevs355/92c9e24f.jpg

umd :wink:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/kevs355/wop_umd.jpg

Still need a bit of help on the WiFi front though, anyone know any good free access hot-spots in Liverpool? :?

def
20th April 2005, 06:26 PM
i must say, aestetically the japanese version looks far superior to the us version. looks great! btw, do you have a USB mini-b cable? if you do you should be able to simply copy THIS (http://defaulted.ath.cx/savedata.zip) savedata folder (an empty savedata folder with the wipeout updates) to your psp and have the updates instantly without the wifi. later.

Mobius
20th April 2005, 06:43 PM
I noticed this was Region locked.

:(

Edit: Stupid me, Region 2 is britain also :)

Dogg Thang
20th April 2005, 06:45 PM
Region locked? Are you referring to the 'For Japan Only' on the back? That's just a statement of intent, it's not actually region locked as far as I know. Pretty much every Japanese game for PSP or anything else has that on it whether locked or not.

Purist
20th April 2005, 07:44 PM
Mobius, just the movies that are region locked.... my buddy can't play my Spidey 2 or HELLBOY.. tehehe :D

I agree with the comments about the presentation, I thought the American version was sweet until I saw the Japanese packaging. The vibrant colours, the EXTREMELY attractive UMD and the 'portrait' layout designed manual... there is also comic style art inside too but I'll have to check before I post em' :roll:

'def' - Hey, thanx for the info, I'll try it asap... NOW! here's hoping ey :? let ya know soon as....

------------------

WiFi'd UP!!! - Tigron and Staten Park RULE!!! - post some vids soon once I've stopped playin' :D

Purist
21st April 2005, 09:34 AM
Footage of Tigron (psp MPEG4 video format)
TigronRotateBlast (http://s1.youshareit.com/files/45a48172eedc0d497cd9a292fceb03a6.html)

Just a little bit, JUST before the race... will post more SOON

infoxicated
21st April 2005, 10:02 AM
Funny... I don't see a Vauxhall Tigra in that clip at all. :wink:

eLhabib
21st April 2005, 10:07 AM
how nice of you that you filmed the loading screen, too. I've never seen that one before! :wink:

the tigron loogs nice though. somehow they managed to keep it bulky but not in that ugly way it looked in fusion.

Purist
21st April 2005, 11:27 AM
DOH! :oops: apologies 'infoxicated' my bad, my bad

Any requests for more video, in particular? skin, ship, track?

Shem
21st April 2005, 11:38 AM
how about a zone track? I always wanted to see how that looks in motion!

eLhabib
21st April 2005, 12:39 PM
if I figure out a way to play reasonably good and film it at the same time, I will post some vids.

Mobius
21st April 2005, 07:02 PM
Beat u to it mate.

http://www.playfrance.com/psp/downloads/videos/view/,74957284726799351.html

Here is some zone footage.

Dimension
21st April 2005, 07:52 PM
Cool Mobius, what is that track playing for most of that video? Annoying as hell :?

Again lemme say that the Tigron looks very cool, nice one Purist, I bet you can lay claim to having seen the loading screen more than eLhabib, right? (No offence eLhabib) :)

eLhabib
21st April 2005, 09:19 PM
well I see my loading screen everyday when I play purE, how bout you mate?

Axel
21st April 2005, 10:24 PM
Hmmmmm Elhabib, maybe he doesn't have the gae yet cause he lives in euro land?

eLhabib
21st April 2005, 11:31 PM
now guess where Vienna, Austria is :P

Prometheus
22nd April 2005, 01:04 AM
dimension, that was t power- the system. Aren't they also known as shyfx?

Dimension
22nd April 2005, 02:07 AM
Cheers Prometheus.

eLhabib, I was referring to Purist's being a tester for wipEout purE, he'd probably seen that screen a thousand times before the first region release ;)

Purist
22nd April 2005, 07:16 AM
Yea, purE heaven.... coming in everyday to play WipEout, wellllll, someones gotta do it :wink:

eLhabib
22nd April 2005, 09:53 AM
narg, I sure do envy you for that :x

Purist
23rd April 2005, 12:04 PM
8O OOooooooooooo :D

artwork1 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/kevs355/wop_manualartwork.jpg)
artwork2 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/kevs355/wop_manualartwork2.jpg)
artwork3 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/kevs355/wop_manualartwork3.jpg)

Prometheus
23rd April 2005, 12:25 PM
omg, that artworks is so cool.... can't stress enough how much we need an art book... something like that IDEA / tDR collaboration... nice cover sleeve.
and this stuff is in the manual? that's cool, never seen that in previous wipeouts.

Lance
23rd April 2005, 03:35 PM
ooooooohh! great stuff! and it makes me think there should be a Wipeout graphic novel. come to think of it, that might partially satisfy the ppl who want Wipeout to be an RPG, but would leave the game itself as a pure racing game

Sausehuhn
23rd April 2005, 04:22 PM
wow.
That's the only word that can say what I feel when I see these artworks!
Beatifull drawings!!!
I want to have these pics! ... or maybe have such a LCD-drawing-monitor for making my own ones 8)

Sausehuhn
28th April 2005, 04:07 PM
Question:
Is it possible to play the japanese version in english or is it just in japanese?

Purist
28th April 2005, 06:27 PM
Cartianly can 'Sausehuhn'.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/kevs355/JapEnglish.jpg

Thank god too! played it in Japanese too and it's VERY text heavy and NOT importer friendly (for an English speaker that is :D )

Dogg Thang
28th April 2005, 06:49 PM
So, hang on... it's completely english with that option? I'm getting more and more tempted by the second to order the jp version. Of course that means I'll end up buying the game three times!

Rapier Racer
28th April 2005, 07:40 PM
Thats some nice art work, I want it I say!

At least you'd have 3 copies in case 2 broke

Hellfire_WZ
28th April 2005, 07:55 PM
Nice to know there's an English option, I plumped straight for the Jap version in the end. Now it just needs to get here... :cry:

Dogg Thang
28th April 2005, 08:28 PM
Purist, would I be right in thinking that the japanese version won't read a US save? It's a long shot I know but I'd love to avoid having to do Vector and Venom again if I got JP Pure.

def
28th April 2005, 10:27 PM
you would be right, the JP version has a different PSP prefix and the prefix is stored in an .sfo file which is locked via checksum. none of the japanese saves will work on us game and the inverse is also true.

Sausehuhn
29th April 2005, 11:01 AM
Thanks for that info. :)

The save thing:
I think that will be with every version:
you can't use the save of an US version for a EU or Japanese version either. So all european PSP owners will have the same problem when they buy the EU copy for playing against other people.

Egg
29th April 2005, 11:15 AM
I don't suppose you'd have to wait long for someone to make a 100% complete EU save-game available on the web.

And if you've already battered the US or Japanese version, you can download it with a clear conscience!

Purist
29th April 2005, 11:25 AM
you would be right, the JP version has a different PSP prefix and the prefix is stored in an .sfo file which is locked via checksum. none of the japanese saves will work on us game and the inverse is also true.

8O woahhhhhhhhhh! dunno bout that but yes, the saves arn't transferable across different regions...

:?: Anyone know as to WHEN the Euro verison is being released... 1st September???

Sausehuhn
29th April 2005, 11:26 AM
It's a launch title, so I think so. :)

Dogg Thang
29th April 2005, 11:30 AM
Ah well. I figured as much. Wouldn't be such a bad thing to have to earn my gold medals all over again! Hopefully won't take me the 30 hours it did the first time around!

lunar
29th April 2005, 12:00 PM
will there be any way of transferring your records data from the US version of the game to the Euro version? It would be simpler not to have two sets of personal bests.

Will US version ghosts be playable with the Euro version? Purist, is it possible to use your US ghosts on your Japanese game?

As for playing it all over again I don`t mind that.... especially if I can try and beat my best times on the US version in the process.

eLhabib
29th April 2005, 06:20 PM
better ask def about the ghost thing, he's into all this prefix stuff, but as far as he told me it doesn't work between different region versions.

Hybrid Divide
29th April 2005, 06:45 PM
Yeah, I'll have to put some money down for the Japanese version of Pure.

Good stuff! :D

def
29th April 2005, 08:30 PM
lunar: ghosts wont work as i said above and as explained in-depth on page two of the pure ghost challenge thread in the arena. however it _might_ be possible to use the broadcast records feature to syndicate all your best stuff. this would of course reqire two psps and a japanese version of pure to test. im considering investegating how this broadcast works, when i do ill post some more info.

fusionfrenzy
15th May 2005, 06:28 PM
Is it actually possible to download the new tracks/ships etc with an american copy of the game, living in the UK, on a Japanese PSP? I want to know because that's gonna be my setup in about a week. Quite a mix, i know.

Help would be appreciated (I feel like such a n00b coming back).

lunar
15th May 2005, 06:33 PM
Yes. AFAIK. But you have to use the US downloads obviously.

If it doesn`t work I will be sure to mention it. :evil: :wink:

PSP hardware is region free, as far as games are concerned. The games themselves are region encoded in terms of multiplayer compatibility and game save compatibility.