PDA

View Full Version : :( Do you know what happen...

BenjaminSoulé
7th February 2002, 04:24 PM
... when you ask a wipeout coder to build loop and twisted track ?
This coder cant handle general gravity anymore and must disable it for a local track gravity.
In my opinion this is the main cause for all the bugs in Wipeoutfusion.
If you have no general gravity you have to emulate jump with some "trigger zone" and it exactly what happen in fusion.
its exctly the same for pitch. On the ground it seems to be only a way of rotate view, and in the air the effects are really weirds...
In addition, this game isnt finished. The collision mesh is buggy and sometime you can fall below the track just for hiting a wall too fast...
The respawn is great, 3 times in a single night of play, it take me far away my original position (12th --> 5-6th)
How can we compare our best time with glitches like this ?

Now, I'm really sad, like all of you, I was waiting for Fusion for a long time...

infoxicated
7th February 2002, 04:33 PM
I think the only way times will be compared fairly is in the time trial mode, as it's fairly true that the game can respawn you miles from where you went off track.

At least in TT mode you're less likely to fall off.

BenjaminSoulé
7th February 2002, 04:51 PM
Will you build a best-time section for WipeoutFusion ?

infoxicated
7th February 2002, 08:15 PM
I'm not sure - the official site is not something that will disappear overnight, as Sony are commited to maintaining it and holding the records. There wouldn't be any point in me duplicating what's done there.

BenjaminSoulé
7th February 2002, 09:11 PM
But Fusion only records best laptime...
Why not creating here a section for best racetime ?
I understand it's a lot of work for you and this site is already perfect without this feature so if you have no time for this we still can use Arena !

Wamdue
7th February 2002, 09:11 PM
nope, not as long as the official site is open. But! theres another plus to that , how about uhm , i dunno, team.wipeoutzone section, if their team leagues work, and some kind of co-op record breaking is made, wouldnt it be fun to have like a small section about the team, the team would of course be anyone who wants to join if its not some kind of limited thing. im just expressing somethign that flew into my mind :wink:

BenjaminSoulé
7th February 2002, 09:26 PM
Arggh...
But I have just signed up and I have not enter "Wipeoutzone" as a team.
If this team work I'm in !
I will create a new account if I can't edit the old one.

infoxicated
7th February 2002, 09:34 PM
I will do it if it comes to the point where the official site isn't a going concern. However, due to my job there's a *slight* conflict in interest if I was to do this at the moment.

We get a mention in the credits of the game, we have a whole lot of content that the official site doesn't have, so I don't think there's any need to kick it while it's down! :lol:

Lance
7th February 2002, 10:09 PM
can we at least nudge the official site a little while it's up?

is fingerpointing allowed? :wink:

auslander
8th February 2002, 02:17 AM
Hey foxx, maybe you could get someone to do it for you or something. Because when the Official board does die, we'll *never* get those records back.. just like how over the years we've lost everything that was ever posted in the official Wipeout 3 forums. As a community we should be preserving our records and posts for future wipeouters :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: auslander on 2002-02-08 03:17 ]</font>

infoxicated
8th February 2002, 08:22 AM
I didn't say it wouldn't happen - it just wont happen at the moment. I'm pretty sure that this site will be around long after the budget for the official one has run dry. :smile: