PDA

View Full Version : The Sideshift feature

Teufel6
9th April 2005, 07:00 PM
Is there any way to turn this off?? I am used to tapping the airbrakes in the previous wipeouts and when I tap in this one I sometimes do the sideshift move on accident and it is really annoying ..

Dimension
9th April 2005, 08:06 PM
isn't that the move that you do by hitting one brake or the other 3 times? 8O Sorry I don't have this game yet, but you must be tapping those brakes something chronic :roll: From what I can tell there doesn't seem to be anything in the way of manoeuvre options, you might be out of luck :oops:

Teufel6
9th April 2005, 08:16 PM
yeah you tap the airbrake twice and the ship does a quick shift to the side..

Seek100
9th April 2005, 08:27 PM
It's the barrel-roll and as I understand it it makes you go faster, quite how that works is beyond me as I don't have the game yet.

G'Kyl
9th April 2005, 08:31 PM
Teufel6: I'm afraid the only way to turn the slide function off is to use single button airbraking and thus have airbraking on one button and sliding on another.

Ben

Teufel6
9th April 2005, 08:51 PM
hmmm thats kinda what I was thinking ben. thanks for the replay all you guys ... what do you use ben? the single or double airbrake feature. I like the double airbrakes because its like the older ones but hate how I sideshift sometimes.

Hybrid Divide
9th April 2005, 09:26 PM
I actually really like the sideshift feature.

I can use it when going fast around a turn to avoid scraping the wall while maintaining my speed.

It rocks!

Teufel6
9th April 2005, 09:53 PM
maybe I just need to get used to it...

Space Cowboy
9th April 2005, 09:57 PM
sideshift?? I had no idea this feature even existed, its news to me :)

TMoney
9th April 2005, 10:38 PM
Yeah I really have never used it to dodge an attack (on purpose, anyway).

But it can come in handy when you've misjudged a corner - very handy.

Make it work for you , bro!

Teufel6
9th April 2005, 10:41 PM
damn Tmoney I just saw your post you beat it already! I am a master of xl but im just having a terrible time getting used to the controls with pure, something just seems different to me ..