PDA

View Full Version : Am I sad?

Confusion
21st March 2002, 10:28 AM
I've had Fusion for just over a month now (I think). In the stats, it says I have been playing for around 46+ hours.

Most of my internet time is taken up scouring the Official Fusion League boards trying to beat the times on there.

Last night I dusted down my copy of Wipeout 2097 and completed Challenge 1 at around 1am, and I had school the next day!

Is this a case of an obsessed/sad Wipeout Fusion fan, or a case of a very enthusiastic Fusion fan?

zone
21st March 2002, 10:51 AM
Do whatever you love doing !

infoxicated
21st March 2002, 01:04 PM
You're only saying that because you helped make it! :lol

But as the man says - do what you like, as long as it's Wipeout!

As for school? If you get asked why you're so tired, just explain that you were up late exploring the limits of anti-gravity technology. That aught to do the trick :smile:

zone
21st March 2002, 02:18 PM
I actually meant what I said cos I think it's a good philisophy and I don't think people should feel guilty for what they love doing.

This doesn't apply to psychopaths and others without a conscience mind !

Lance
21st March 2002, 02:41 PM
hear, hear!

hey, wait a minute; do you mean that Jack the Ripper should NOT have......? oh.

jmoid
21st March 2002, 07:25 PM
naw man, i'm with zone, infox + lance on this one, if you love it go for it.

there's still a stigma attached to playing a lot of computer games, but if you were spending that much time doing up a car or playing sport poeple wouldn't bat an eyelid.

when i first bought 2097 i spent many a work morning bleary eyed and i don't regret it at all, and currently i'm hitting zone mode in every spare moment and i don't regret that either, because fusion is a great game.

i'm a gamer - and that's all there is to it :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jmoid on 2002-03-21 20:26 ]</font>

Confusion
21st March 2002, 08:05 PM
I see where you guys are getting at but...
There is a limit to this right?

Wamdue
21st March 2002, 09:26 PM
I have a freind of mine, who goes up at 04:00 to play counter-strike before he goes to school at 08:00.. i only spend 3hours and sometimes 4 on counter-strike per day :wink:

Lance
21st March 2002, 10:12 PM
limit? no way.

well, maybe hand cramps and throttle thumb compression.

but otherwise, nUH uh!

JABBERJAW
21st March 2002, 10:50 PM
I might take on that philosophy. Stop working, get on welfare, pick up food stamps, claim injury to my back, collect unemployment checks, Then play wipeout for 6 months straight, then maybe go to work again:)

Wiseman
22nd March 2002, 05:04 AM
There's nothing wrong with playing games until the wee hours of the morning, hell I used to do it all the time! (and still do it quite often).

I remember back when I first got my PSX, I spent quite a few sleepless nights playing Toshinden and the demo disk (which included the demo of Wipeout, along with several other games).

I pulled a 3 nighter with Tomb Raider (rented it, and never stopped playing the whole time! :lol) and a double nighter with Metal Gear Solid.

Really, there have been several nights as of recent where I stayed up until around 6:00AM playing Wipeout...

Lance
22nd March 2002, 05:22 AM
6:00 am? you and jay must be really serious about this Korodera challenge! how long does this thing last, anyway? it's been going a long time. under 3 minutes is the current goal, huh?

i wish i could join in.

Wiseman
22nd March 2002, 07:21 AM
I actually was refering to Wipeout in general (I.E. Wipeout, Wipeout XL and Wipeout 3), not just the original (although I have been playing that too :wink:)

Task
22nd March 2002, 07:45 AM
If there's something that makes Wipeout even better than it is, it's competition.
I have stayed home when I should be at work, to play Wipeout. I have been on the beach, lying in the sun, and wished I could play Wipeout. I have bought a N64 so I can play Wipeout. I will buy a PS2... So I can play Wipeout.
Sometimes I think that I might be a little too "in2it", but all those thoughts fly away as soon as I get challenged.
And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Confusion
22nd March 2002, 06:30 PM
On 2002-03-22 06:04, Wiseman wrote:
I remember back when I first got my PSX, I spent quite a few sleepless nights playing Toshinden and the demo disk (which included the demo of Wipeout, along with several other games).

Oh man! Battle Arean Toshinden! I remember that game. Crashed over at my cousins place and me and my French cousin played it until the next day non stop... we were both wasted but hey! I love that old guy with the claws... funny stuff! :smile:

This summer... after me GCSE's it's gonna be pure skateboarding and Wipeout sessions... OH GOSH! :grin:

Xenith
15th April 2002, 07:00 PM
I always thought staying up till 2AM (on a school night) playing wipeout was a very stupid idea, i did it anyway, i cant always get to sleep for ages (last night i didnt get too sleep untill 4:30AM even though i went to bed at 11..i just keep rolling over and stay awake, i find that playing computer games (wipeout in particular) tires me out, and lets me get more sleep than usual, i have insomnia and the playstation is more often that not a "cure?" for the fact that i dont sleep, so i say "play it as long as u want, it never did me any harm"

all u late night/early morning games players RULE!!