PDA

View Full Version : WIPEOUT 2097 WORKING SPEED PATCH [NO SLOW-DOWN-UTILITY]

Spacy
7th April 2005, 01:59 PM
Hi at all.
I finally found a working speed patch for Wipeout 2097 at eMule.
Get it from my webspace:
http://magicstone.de/spacy/blog/wipeout_2097_patch_%5Breal_fix_for_fast_PC_no_slow-down_utilites%5D.rar

Please redistribute this patch a little bit to other boards and communities, because there weren't much people on eMule sharing this.

This patch is also a NoCD Patch. It has a little bug: If you insert a CD, the game say there is No CD in the drive, it only works without CD, so there is no music.

I contacted the author, because I also want to use this on the network patch.

This patch was successfully tested on Wipeout 2097, but not on Wipeout XL.

wipeoud
7th April 2005, 05:42 PM
Thanks, tried it with a copy from XL but it says, wipeout2097 has not been correctly installed, reinstall and try again, but maybe thats just because it is a copy.

Hybrid Divide
7th April 2005, 06:05 PM
Did you also contact the author about the "no CD" part?

Having music in WIpEout is a good thing...

Spacy
7th April 2005, 07:08 PM
Yes, I contacted him about that too.

Barry Burton
8th April 2005, 10:40 PM
And what about a "patch" that supports all resoloutions up to 1600*1200 ?

greez

wipeoud
8th April 2005, 10:58 PM
Dont forget 1280x720 :)

Prometheus
9th April 2005, 12:18 AM
found this buried in the forums if its of any help... it is apparently a patch that lets the XL network patch work with 2097.... i think... never tried it, post your results if you give it a go
http://morane.j.free.fr

its the bottom file

Barry Burton
11th April 2005, 11:03 AM
Hi there!

I talked to the programmer too, and he gave me a link to the WipeoutXL.exe
This file Supports a res up to 1024*768! :D

Put the file into the installdir of W'O'' ans start it.
There will occurr some messages!
Watch them and correct the Installpath, and the filenames the messages show you.

Link: please rightclick and save as (http://mitglied.lycos.de/schmaltes/Wipeout%20XL%20patch%20update%20%5bPC%20GAME%20-%20fix%20for%20fast%20PC%5d.rar)

wipeoud
11th April 2005, 06:42 PM
Great help Barry!!
Ttried it with my XL copy and it now seemed to work. Thank him from me if you ever speak him. He could say no to a patch because the game is to old (who would haved blamed him). But he still helped us after so many years :D
played 1024 and it looks great, didt measure the time but it feels alright. Now how i connect my analog ps2 pad to my pc and let ik work with XL :lol:

btw savin didnt work at first here with firefox, had broken files form 10k. So i doubleclicked throug the links until i saw the rar, opened it and extrated to my hd, then it worked.

Prometheus
11th April 2005, 08:06 PM
I've tried the stated patch but cannot get it to run the game. The screen goes dark and nothing comes up, for at least 10 mins. I can see it uses 100% cpu... any suggestions?

I'm using 2097 and a dell inspiron 8600

edit: my bad, I was using the XL patch... the 2097 one works great... no 1024x768 res though :(

Barry Burton
13th April 2005, 08:52 PM
Create a folder in C:\ and name it "wobble".
Copy all 2097 files into this folder.
Then copy the XP patch I postet into this folder.

Then you have to rename these files:
C:\wobble\pics\hi-res\2097LOGO.TGA rename to xllogo.tga

C:\wobble\blitsurf\hi-res\2097COPY.PPM rename to woxlcopy.ppm
C:\wobble\blitsurf\hi-res\rstart97.PPM rename to rstartxl.ppm

Thats all. :)

Sakoz
25th April 2005, 06:12 PM
This patch is really a great solution! But i have a question - there is no way to run this game at normal speed, AND with a framrate of 60 FPS?

Barry Burton
25th April 2005, 07:43 PM
nope

The game was coded to run at 30fps, not 60.

wipeoud
25th April 2005, 08:40 PM
Why is it that i got sick (motion sickness) when i play wo2097 on the pc land not when playing on the ps2?

Lance
25th April 2005, 09:49 PM
probably because you sit much closer to the monitor than you do to the television, so the picture takes up a much larger part of the field of vision and therefore has a greater disorienting effect as you bank one way and then the other around the curves and zoom forward

Lion
26th April 2005, 12:41 PM
Hi there,
I own the PC (and psx, and mac) version of wipeout2097, but before I found it in store, the only version of wipeout 2097 I ever managed to get my hands on was the warez release that requires the game to be in c:\wobble, so you must be using that :P
If you install a genuine copy you don't need to use that folder hack as this patch works for me in d:\games\wipeout 2097.

also, just based on my own feel for the game using a keyboard after playing the mac version for the last 2 weeks... this hack pc version plays faster than the official mac one.

thank god someone has figured out how to do this though. *super happy*
now I just need to work out why my throttle is locked on full (I think it's something to do with my playstation controller adapter)
PS: please sticky this thread?

LukStarkiller
8th May 2005, 02:15 PM
Hi, I have been looking this forum since some time, because I have the first game for Saturn and the 2097 for PC, well Talking about this patch, I have it a lot of problems to make it work, ¬_¬U but finally worked, and now I have a question, the software modes works for soemone?, for me no, the game frezes at a black screen, strangely the 256 mode frezes at start but the 16bit software mode frezes after the title screen, someone has the same problem? and by the way its posible that someone has said this before, but I can't see the blue tails of the flotaingships ^_^U
Well thanks

LukStarkiller
10th May 2005, 02:29 AM
I know that the patch is done by a fan of the game (or I supose that ^_^U)
Well playing... ejem changing some things... I found some problems on the patchs, so I tried the two (Sorry for my horrible english ¬¬U) looking for the diferences and posible problems (the bigest problem could be my computer, an Athlon 64 with a Geforce FX, you know old games VS new hardware XD ).
Here are my conclusions and the diferences and problems that I found it, by the way I know that some of them were mencioned before but I think is better to put them together for look for a solution, If we can XDDDD

Advantages and disadvantages betwen the two versions of the patch:
(The "1stpatch" is the version that only arrives at 800x600 and all of you know the other version ^^ "2onpatch")
1st PATCH
-Framerate problem in WinXP fixed
-Show INTROs (videos)
-Title screen don't shows (black screen with the phrase PRESS INTRO)
-NO music
-A little displacement on the right of the menu
-CD NO NEEDED
-Up to 800x600@16b

2on PATCH
-Framerate problem in WinXP fixed
-DON'T show INTROs (videos)
-Title screen works well
-All CD music
-A little dispacement on the menu (left and right)
-CD NEEDED ^^
-Up to 1024x768@16b
-TEXTURES problem, some of them are moved up or down, in Special the fonts and the weapon screen

I have made it some screencaptures of the game running the two patchs, I tried to make them in similar moments and remarked in RED the problems, as you can see in the next screencaptures, I modded a little bit the game and I'm using the Barry Burton's textures for the first map, (nice textures), well I run the game in 800x600 in 1stpatch, and in 800x600,1024x768 in the second one and with the original texture set and the problems were the same, by the way I hace a little problem with the blue tails ^_^U I supose that is my computer
Here are the screencaptures....
http://barnasoft.madpage.com/WO2097/

jake97
8th July 2005, 07:21 PM
I have spent ages trying to get this working. Does the 2nd patch you speak of work on XP with only replacing the wipeout2.exe file? Everytime I try it to run it after installing the patch, all I get is a black screen.

Does the 2nd patch only work on a hard disk based version of Wipeout 2097 or does it work on the original as well? If it is supposed to work on the original, which CD drive should the Wipeout 2097 cd go in?

Cheers in advance, Jake.

p.s. followed instructions here -> http://mitglied.lycos.de/schmaltes/tut/

Drakkenmensch
8th July 2005, 11:30 PM
Okay, I'm thinking back on something I ran into when trying to run System Shock 2 on Win XP and found that the movies just wouldn't work - here's a copy/paste of the tip I found online that allowed me to fix the glitch for good:

Movies Fail To Play
========================================

Symptoms:
All FMV Cutscenes in the game are skipped
instantly, failing to play

Reason:
The old codecs used to encode the movies
is very unsupported under Windows XP.

Solution:
Run the file iv5play.exe located on the
System Shock 2 CD-ROM, this will install
the drivers and codecs needed to view the
movies. You may need to do this after each
reboot of your system. You can also register
the video drivers by running from the start
menu's Run command:
regsvr32 "x:\ss2\LGVID.AX"
You will need to change x:\ss2\ to the
directory where you installed System Shock 2
into.

Hope that can help!

LukStarkiller
9th July 2005, 12:39 PM
And if the windosws XP hasn't got the codecs, qhy the first patch reproduce the videos?????

By the way for the second patch you have to copy the game to this folfer
c:\wobble instead of c:\...\ Wipeout 2097

Sorry if the images in teh ftp that I posted on teh last post don't work now, I'm making a website and I erased them

penske
30th August 2005, 03:14 PM
I have a legit copy of WOXL...could someone explain (if and how) I can get this patch working on WOXL under Win XP sp 1?
I tried the patch last night and could not get it to work...I kept getting the message that WO2097 was not installed correctly, or something like that. I also tried renaming files as mentioned somewhere in the tread but that didn't work either...any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

crunchysaviour
5th September 2005, 11:55 AM
The Lycos hosted patch (Barry's) is no longer hosted. Could it be rehosted anywhere by anyone?

Thanks!

Djainette
27th May 2006, 08:57 AM
Same problem here.
The whole site is down. Could someone please rehost the patch ? It's driving me nuts to have this brilliant game and not be able to play it...

Boon
4th June 2006, 09:12 AM
Yes, a rehost of that patch would be very much appreciated!
If webspace is needed, I can help out!

--Boon

DesertRat
8th June 2006, 03:50 PM
Hey guys,

I've also been watching this thread for many months now waiting for a repost so I did a bit of web scouring yesterday and found a speed fix patch that also allows for 1024x768 res. Based on the sheer number of views I'm surprised that the admins don't have the file hosted given that this is THE site to go for any Wipeout related info.

You can download it here from my webspace.
http://members.cox.net/desertrat96/woxl_patch.zip

Ok, now that I can finally play the game at the correct 30fps rate there is one last obstacle to tackle. Since the netplay launcher program (WOLOBBY.EXE) used for directip hosting/joining uses the included NET-WOXL.EXE file for netplay sessions multiplayer reverts back to the supersonic frame problems again. So my request (plead:p ) is for someone to create a speed fixed NET-WOXL.EXE so that netplay can truly be enjoyed. Also worthy of note is that a lot of older LAN-only games can now be enjoyed via Hamachi which simulated a directip based LAN connection. In fact, several of us use the program on a regular basis for Friday night gaming sessions to play Flatout (much more stable with less disconnects), Supreme Snowboarding and other games.

Rat

Sausehuhn
8th June 2006, 04:32 PM
that would mean 2097 online??
Or do I misunderstand?

DesertRat
12th June 2006, 03:30 PM
Yes, it would mean functional multiplayer online either via direct ip or simulated tcp/ip lan (Hamachi). Just imagine regular matches every week with other Wipeout fanatics:hyper . According to the netplay documentation there is support for up to 15 players per session although I would think 6 to 8 might be a more reasonable maximum number for someone hosting on a broadband cable connection.

If any of you have contact information for the individuals who released the speed fix versions please forward this info to me or list it here.

Thanks,

Rat

Dark P
25th June 2006, 03:58 PM
Hi, i just bought wipeout to my pc and now i need the "speed pach", but as far as i can see there are just paches for WipeOut XL in this thread, and i need the pach for WipeOut 2097, can some one help me to the 2097 one

cheers!

Asayyeah
25th June 2006, 07:02 PM
not sure but wipeout 2097 for pc is called wipeout XL .
That means the patch work for your CD.

Dark P
27th June 2006, 09:52 PM
Now i am confused?! XL can't be the PC version aint it some special ed game?
here is my box shoot..look
it is not a burned game it is a original
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/Nahoj/DSC00054.jpg

i have tryed the patch but i just get a black screen, there was a other patch in the start of this thread wich i think is the right one but the link is down now

please help me guys, i really want to play this lovely game :frown:

JABBERJAW
27th June 2006, 11:00 PM
It's called both, it's exactly the same game.

Task
28th June 2006, 12:26 AM
Yeah, get this:

Anywhere else in the world, "Wipout 2097" was decided as a perfectly fine title. Here in NTSC-land, it was decided that it was far too confusing! People would be wondering about the 2095 other sequels to the game! So they changed the name of the game to "Wipeout XL".

I begin to think that it's not "Americans" who are truly dumb, it's "American advertising execs". 8 P

On the flipside though, I really prefer the name "Wipeout XL", but mostly because it makes for the nifty acro "WOXL" (to rhyme with "pixel").

Dark P
28th June 2006, 12:11 PM
Ok then i know, but why dose my pach dont work then? :brickwall

Task
28th June 2006, 01:13 PM
I would assume it's because your OS isn't supported by the game.

Or the other way 'round.

Whichever.

It's hard to say for sure without any actual information, but that would be my guess.

AmigoJack
1st July 2006, 08:19 PM
the package has the words on it: "Windows 95". and thats years ago. the (pc) game itself is rather programmed poorly, as it only did function with non-NT windows versions and the common speeds of the processors back then. nowadays CPUs are too fast for the game, and the shift away from 95 to NT (95/98/ME = 95; NT4/2K/XP = NT) do the rest. youre better of trying to emulate a PSX cd of 2097/XL. otherwise install win98 and google for tools like "slowdown".

its a shame i know. but nowbody cares for doing a wipEout XP (now thats a title, isnt it?)

Sausehuhn
1st July 2006, 09:39 PM
and running the game in Windows95-mode doesn't work as well, does it?

It's worth a try anyway;
rightclick on the game's .exe and select "properties". Then take the 2nd file card named "compatibility". Choose "run programm in compatibility mode for" and take "Windows 95" in the drop down menu.

I don't think it will work because I'm sure I'm not the 1st one who tried it, but, as I said, maybe it's worth a try.

Asayyeah
2nd July 2006, 02:03 AM
wipEout XP (now thats a title, isnt it?)
nice one :) XP for Xpanding Possibilities ?
8)

Maxx : Ive heard about some kind of programms that you enable to stay on XP , but creates new partition on your hard drive ( without reinstalling ) and let you install on a F: \ ( for instance) another OS ( like win 95)
So that no more pb of compatibility between changing directly from XP to 95 or 98 on a same HDD
And then a patch for slow down your cpu like cpukiller( hope i didn't wrong on that ...randow access memory is hard for me after that night :) )

Lion
29th October 2007, 05:54 AM
in reference to insertcoin's file: denied, I get a black screen. and I can confirm that 2097 works otherwise as I came third on talons reach at the wrong speed before trying the patch

WarlikeSaint
29th October 2007, 09:41 AM
When I tried patch, I got the black screen too because I was overwriting the file Wipeout2.exe, so I renamed the patch file for something like Wipeout2patch.exe, put it in the wipeout 2097 installation folder, and now it's working!
Hope that helps.

timestoby
26th November 2007, 04:54 PM
i just got this game and i got it workn with the no cd patch.i did download a patch from somewhere on here,but when i launch i notice the is says xl in the banner instead of the 2097.of course i can play without the patch,but it goes way to fast lol. i did rename the patch like above. maybe i got the wrong patch,i dont know. i have the 2097 game can someone lead me to the patch that will fix the speed.

ive been playn wipeout64 in the meantime lol,cheers

WarlikeSaint
28th November 2007, 08:43 PM
Oh, recently I found out, the patch only works if you have multiplayer patch installed too, don't ask me why, I don't know.

You can download multiplayer patch here:
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/user_files.php?user_id=295

Install the game.
Install multiplayer patch in the same directory where you installed the game.
Rename and put the speed fix patch in the same directory where you installed the game.
Fly.

Hope it works!

Hurda7
17th November 2008, 07:34 PM
Mirrors of the speed-patches:

http://www.uploadjockey.com/download/2579622/WipEout%202097%20and%20XL%20fix%20for%20fast%20pcs .rar

Darkdrium777
17th November 2008, 11:16 PM
Big thanks for the multiple hosts!:rock Welcome to WipeoutZone too :) Hopefully you'll stay and this isn't a hit and run :D

digitalis888
9th February 2009, 02:01 AM
Mirrors of the speed-patches:

http://www.uploadjockey.com/download/2579622/WipEout%202097%20and%20XL%20fix%20for%20fast%20pcs .rar

Mirror is not working !!!! :(((((

Darkdrium777
9th February 2009, 05:08 AM
Have your game installed and ready to use.
Download the network patch (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/user_files.php?user_id=295) and extract it. Copy the contents of the 295~24101 folder to the wipeoutxl folder of the game. When asked about duplicate files, overwrite with the new file(s).
Download the speed patch (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/user_files.php?user_id=1421) and extract it. Copy the contents of the woxl_patch folder inside the 1421~44169 folder to the wipeoutxl folder of the game. When asked about duplicate files, overwrite with the new file(s).
Rename the game folder (The whole game) to wobble, and move it to C:\
Launch the executable. You can make a shortcut somewhere else.
Have fun!

digitalis888
11th February 2009, 06:46 PM
Thank you very much !!! :P