PDA

View Full Version : Talons Reach Times

jospicy
5th April 2005, 06:57 PM
i didn't believe these times were possible till last night...

http://home.graffiti.net/jospicy:graffiti.net/Laptime.jpg
http://home.graffiti.net/jospicy:graffiti.net/Racetime.jpg
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/records.php?format=2097
but obviously they but i think i was having fun and i got a bit carried away :twisted:
what is the fastest first lap on vector anyone has managed because the current laps i have would give 1.00.9 as the fastest possible time 8O
has anyone managed faster than 0.30.8 on the first lap?

let us know
cheers
Jo

lunar
5th April 2005, 07:42 PM
can`t really answer your questions as I haven`t raced vector much on 2097. But great results anyway. :D

stin
5th April 2005, 08:22 PM
Errmm...good score 8O but we do prefer that you put your Real name on the board if you don`t mind.

Ok I will do my best if I have got time.

stevie :)

Lance
5th April 2005, 08:31 PM
yes, your membername on the records tables should be your real name. entering your forum nickname in the appropriate box will cause your nick to be shown when a mouse is hovered over your name in the tables.

-----------

darn it, now i only have the third fastest wo2 Piranha vector racetime [shared with stevie, but with me on XL and him on 2097] [i'm second fastest in TT, though {till everybody else jumps in with their times}][i sure wish we'd get that 'Piranha Switch' so i can post Piranha times along with those made with other ships][*looks all wistful and puppy dog whilst hoping infoxicated is paying attention ;) ]

jospicy
6th April 2005, 02:15 PM
Done and sorted

Lance
6th April 2005, 06:29 PM
thanks! :)

stin
6th April 2005, 06:56 PM
Yeah thanxs! ;)

Lance; I had a wee look at the tables and you and I have a bit of work to do to beat these young guns!!! :twisted:

stevie :)

element42
6th April 2005, 07:25 PM
ah, excellent, a vector challenge... :D

Lance
6th April 2005, 07:33 PM
stevie, i raced a couple of times, briefly, in the past 2 or 3 weeks, and i can't even get near my Own times. i know someone said recently on the forums that it's like riding a bicycle, but i think i forgot how to ride one of those.

maybe Al was wrong about the reflexes going at age 59, but maybe they go at 62. :cry:

element42
6th April 2005, 07:53 PM
30.1! 8) how did you do it?!
oh well, I know what I'll be doing tommorrow...

PS: my attempts to enter my times into the tables has met with disaster, I now appear three times in the 2097 vector TR single race table. :oops: whoops. sorry.

Lance
6th April 2005, 08:09 PM
never use your browser's ''back'' button to go back to the entry page; always click the ''my records'' link in the ''my wipeoutzone'' section on the left side of the WipeoutZone pages. this prevents multiple entries, which can only be corrected by infoxicated, himself

stin
6th April 2005, 08:40 PM
stevie, i raced a couple of times, briefly, in the past 2 or 3 weeks, and i can't even get near my Own times. i know someone said recently on the forums that it's like riding a bicycle, but i think i forgot how to ride one of those.

maybe Al was wrong about the reflexes going at age 59, but maybe they go at 62. :cry:

No! Al is correct!! I can assure you but be patience my friend!! just like me you know because my time is running out due my golf commitment is starting from tomorrow.
And I can still play Wipeouts when I will get time :wink:

stevie :D

jospicy
6th April 2005, 08:50 PM
hey Element to be honest i have no idea how i got the 30.1 but all i do remember was that it was 1:30 AM dark and rainy and i seem to race better in the early hours of the mornin :P and i still don't know why. off to hammer Venom :P

element42
7th April 2005, 10:40 AM
yeah, I race better in the early hours of the morning too... but after a good nights sleep :wink:

element42
7th April 2005, 10:48 AM
Aaggh! Lance, I think somethings wrong; this time, when I entered my improved times, not once did I press the back button, and yet it still messed up... I now appear in the tables five times! :oops: what's happening?!

A possible symptom: when I go to my records, and then WO2097:TR:SR records, it doesn't have my records saved in the fields! so maybe it's not my fault :?

sorry for breaking your database.... :cry:

stin
7th April 2005, 11:40 AM
I`m getting confused here!! guys are you putting in TT or SR or both? just want to clear it up please.

stevie :?

jospicy
7th April 2005, 11:41 AM
ok so i got venom race time too :P but that 25.2 lap time is just about un-beatable best i can get is 25.6 off to hammer it again while lisnin to LOUD music

stin
7th April 2005, 01:18 PM
Please ignore my post from above!

jospicy; I`m actually surprised at your latest score and I did thought "Yeah right! nothing compare to Asayyeah`s scores!" Now I owe you an alpology cos I have tested the SR and my first lap went 30.9 :?

Now I have improved my updated times 8)

jospicy
7th April 2005, 05:06 PM
oh well back to the race to reclaim my place however the 1.00.9 MUST be possibles surely it won't be too long now....

element42
9th April 2005, 10:54 AM
how, how did Arnaud get that 29.5 vector lap time. 8O HOW?!!!

Lance
9th April 2005, 02:17 PM
hehe. i had a feeling it wouldn't take long for Arnaud to notice the challenge. and to squash it! he did this to me, too. :D

before i forget, Matt, it may be a while before Rob can straighten out the mess in the records tables. until he does, would you please change the time listed on all your races but the best one in each category to 9:59:9 so that they move to the bottom of the list so as to reduce the current confusion? i sure hope that it doesn't just result in more total entries. i'm very curious as to why your entries just keep adding instead of replacing.

Asayyeah
9th April 2005, 03:38 PM
Even though i am totally full of work the now, i ve aimed that this week-end will be for Wipeout ( 15 days after our big tournament in le Havre).
Yesterday evening i ve checked the WZ forum ( Geezz!! Pure seems to be an awesome game if i count in number of new posts inside WZforum ) in the same time through msn Mano, Del-stpho and me have talked about Wipeout in General : great moment ( because i don't really have time to spend on my passion nowadays)

Lance you are right :) when i saw a thread about 2097 times i thought héhé always a competition and that's great , i always remeber last year when Ben proove us his fast bullet brick was faster in venom TT talon's than our pirahna, and that was a great challenge with you Lance & him ( the record's hunt was starting last year :P )
Then i ve turned on my ps yesterday end of afternoon, 1st attempt in Vector 1.02.8 and 30.8 ...ouch obviously far from Stevie, Matthew & jospicy. Best speed only 250 kph.
2nd try 30.7 + 29.9 , new lap record & tied stevie's race time, : i ve noticed the major importance to hit the airbrakes on blue pads to maintain more than 200 all around the track . My last real attempt was the best one 30.4 + 29.5= 59.9 !!! ive decided to stop at this symbolic limit : be under the minute. so here's the speed i ve reached on my 2nd lap : when i cross the line 221../.. 1st right BP( blue pad) 230 ../.. 2nd on the left 245 ../.. i loose speed at the top of the hill but i keep to maintain at least 205 ../.. get the inside of the right curve ( approximative speed here around 215) ../.. hit the doubleBP at 260 ../.. decrease speed a bit but hit right single BP 265../.. cross the C section after the left double BP at 275 ../.. find a perfect line to enter the tunnel without twisting my neg a lot ( keep to maintain 210 inside the tunnel for minimal speed) ../.. when i go out from it i am always at more than 205 and i hit the last left BP i am at around 220= result 29.5
Yes i know it's nearly 1 sec better than my previous one but honestly Lance knows that i am not an addicted to the slower classes, my focus is on phantom, that's why i am only do these classes when smone catch one of my records.
Btw ive tied my last lap record in SR Venom ( 25.2) but i ve lowered my race time ( 26.0 / 25.2 / 25.6 = 1.16.8 )

Push me into my limits guys, i like that to compete. :twisted:

I am sure we, European, could have fun with 2097 or W3O or SE before Sony will decide to launch his psp into Europe.

ps: If you are reading me, Al, i don't forget about you and i am actually writing you a long email ...

Lance
9th April 2005, 04:10 PM
when i tap the brake on boost pads, my times always suffer. always. so i end up going back to only using the brake when i need one to steer around a corner

element42
9th April 2005, 04:53 PM
I'm sure my speeds are the same as yours around the second lap, Arnaud; my line must be quite different to you to lose that half a second.

Lance, I can't change the times to 9:59.9; every time I try to save a new record it just adds it to the list! sorry. I won't add any more times for a while, not least till I can get under 30.0, which will take a while I feel :?
On an unrelated note, I'd prefer to be called 'mo' instead of 'matt'... I realise the latter is the traditional abbreviation but I don't like it :roll: everyone calls me mo. really. hence element42 = molybdenum = mo.

And finally, a question: is it okay when racing in Arcade mode to turn the weapons off? I'm getting really pissed off with being hit by missiles on a good lap.

Lance
9th April 2005, 06:45 PM
no, read the record entry page again; all weapons and competitors must be enabled. [and of course no power-up cheats allowed :) ]

mo, i am really curious about what is screwed up in the records entry. this could be a serious flaw in the system

Asayyeah
9th April 2005, 07:21 PM
Always look at your speed counter, you must race and in the same time watch closely the difference of your speed when you try to get a new line if the benefit is high or not.

Mo : under 30 is definitely possible just think you can do it and it's going to work. Find the shortest line without loosing speed ( first right curve + inside the tunnel)

Lance : did the 2097 Database become crazy ? :D : too many competition leads the tables to a global overheated stuff ; i hope not :o

Lance
9th April 2005, 07:58 PM
last time i looked, mo was the only one having entry problems. did something else go wrong?

btw, i played with Piranha TT Vector for a bit earlier; i gained half a second per lap by NOT using airbrake tapping. i was still two-tenths off my personal best time, though. can't pilot worth a damn anymore.

stin
9th April 2005, 08:38 PM
Lance; what is your score and I will do it for ya :wink:

jospicy
9th April 2005, 10:18 PM
i still cant get the hang of the break tapping techinque but when i race pirahna i have never been hit with the weapons on so couldn't tell ya about the rockets :? i may have trouble re-claiming top spot now though (nice times Asayyeah i thought 1.00.9 was good :oops:) looks like i need some more early morning WO sessions i can beat 30s lap but 29.5 (thats just :twisted: ) maybe not. One final question to Asayyeah whats the fastest speed you can come out of the tunnel at 'cos at the moment mine is about 206kph.
off to WIpe for a while may have a new time soon
Jo

element42
12th April 2005, 09:02 AM
okay, i've managed to get a 29.6 lap time and a 59.9 race time. I'm not going to put it in the tables cos I don't want to see Matthew Evans appear any more in them until they've been fixed. Just thought I should let you know... :)

also, I've managed to get a 30.2 opening lap . Then I hit an AG-sys. :evil: so assuming I can ever get to 29.5 second lap a 59.7 race time is do-able. still got two days of holiday left...

RUS
12th April 2005, 11:17 AM
I have the best XL vector time :rock_on

Просто везение и никакого мошенничества...

Lance
12th April 2005, 03:24 PM
RUS, you still have not replied to my email about this. you have posted the very same set of Vector times in both the 2097 and XL tables. it is highly unlikely that anyone would get exactly the same times in separate performances on two different versions of the game. did you actually do two different sets of times or did you post the same one? if so, which version were the times made on? what console did you use? i hope you did not use a PC version or an emulator, as that would make all of your times in both 2097 and XL invalid.

i wish that you were fluent in English and that i were fluent in Russian so that this matter could be cleared up.

-------------

btw, does anyone know what the usual way of playing Playstation videogames in Russia might be? i was under the impression that they use SECAM as their television display standard, as does France and some of the eastern European countries. could Zargz or Shem enlighten me about this?

sigh. it sure would be nice if there were no regionalised display systems and gameversions. we could have just one records table for each game and compete equally with everybody. aaaaah, Utopia

Shem
12th April 2005, 09:23 PM
I'm sure that for Russia, the TV standard is SECAM. In Poland it's PAL.

zargz
12th April 2005, 10:35 PM
Not sure about the tv format Lance but I think although secam the psx' are PAL just as in France so Rus' records should be on the pal tables
not sure though .. :?
btw we'll have pur little utopia soon with the unified pure timeTables! :mrgreen:

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

RUS
13th April 2005, 04:10 AM
Lance, I posted wipeout XL time to wipeout 2097 tables (you can delete all my 2097 time). I used PS version of the game (I also have PC version of the game but my time is worse than in PS version).
My time is real.

All TVs support both PAL and SECAM formats...

Mano
13th April 2005, 04:43 AM
sigh. it sure would be nice if there were no regionalised display systems and gameversions. we could have just one records table for each game and compete equally with everybody. aaaaah, Utopia

Amen to that!

In PC land its solved and you can play with anyone anytime, in the tv front i think hdtv, future formats, and new display technologies will hopefully solve that problem ( if the products become CHEAPER of course ), game versions is still a problem.. not present in PC but very present in consoles, for a lot of reasons.

Consoles really need a standard on international game versions if they are planning a REAL online experience, or PCs will definitely keep light years ahead.

Lance
13th April 2005, 01:57 PM
RUS, i can't delete any times; i don't have admin access to the tables. infoxicated will have to do that. we just had to know which records were valid. we also need to clean up Matthew Evans multiple entries on the 2097 tables. [and to figure out why the hell they're happening]

if Russian tv has both SECAM and PAL, why is your PS an NTSC model playing XL instead of a PAL model playing 2097? [obviously this interests me because you beat one of my records, but also i'm just curious ;) {that record had to get beaten some time }]

RUS
13th April 2005, 02:47 PM
why is your PS an NTSC model playing XL instead of a PAL model playing 2097?
Because my father has bought my PS in USA... and he has bought some games with it...

Lance
13th April 2005, 03:46 PM
:) that was good luck.

---------

are there any Russian game development companies who make games for Playstation or X-box? or do they only do games for PC? sorry to be so full of questions, but i am ignorant about the Russian games community.

zargz
13th April 2005, 03:51 PM
Rus: go to the 2097 tables and submit 9:95:9 where you submited the XL times!
That will take care of it! 8)

Dimension
13th April 2005, 04:28 PM
And ignore what zargz said, it should be 9:59.9 :lol: :roll:

zargz
13th April 2005, 04:41 PM
http://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/lol.gif why you cheeky 617!
you are right though! ;)

Dimension
13th April 2005, 04:54 PM
617? :blarg

Task
13th April 2005, 05:16 PM
Ah, Dim is "not l33t".

It's okay Dim, you're probably better off that way.

(if you really want to change that though, look up "leetspeak", and may god have mercy on your soul!)

Dimension
13th April 2005, 06:44 PM
Well I thought I knew a bit about leet, never knew 6 was used for anything until now though :roll:

zargz
13th April 2005, 09:23 PM
6 = G ;)

RUS
14th April 2005, 05:07 AM
Lance, now there are many Russian PC games development companies (without pirates who sell games from 50 roubles (~1.8 $)) and some PS games development companies... about x-box I don't know anything... other games are licensed/pirate's English version...

Lance
16th April 2005, 04:03 PM
thanks for the info :)
what sort of games do those PS developers usually make? do they mostly prefer racing, or platform, or role-playing games, or what? [yes, i know, i'm still full of questions. :) ]

------------

i see you changed the entries in the XL records tables to indicate that you used a Piranha to make those times. that makes me feel better. i was wondering how you could beat me by two whole seconds or more! :)
i guess you weren't aware of the agreement among the XL pilots to only enter times in the first three speed classes that were made with ships other than Piranha. we did that because Piranha is less fun, especially in the slower classes, and we wanted to have more fun ;) getting to use weapons and turbo makes a big difference in the enjoyment of the races. infoxicated is going to try to make it possible for each pilot to enter times for both Piranha and non-Piranha in the same table, so that people looking for absolute fastest possible records in even the lower classes will be satisfied as well as the ones who seek the most fun. since the absolute fastest possible overall time is only available in Phantom class, we have no agreement against using Piranha there. i still usually only enter non-Piranha times even in Phantom, but that's just my personal preference so far.

yes, i know there are some Piranha times posted that are left over from before the agreement. it can be difficult to get the tables cleaned up. sometimes the people who made the times are no longer active and may be difficult or occasionally impossible to contact.

to all of you who are already aware of these things, my apology for repeating them yet again for people who are newer to the records tables. [i hope i've not said them within the past day or so, at least. currently i'm a bit sick and can hardly remember what i said ten minutes ago. speaking of which, a couple of aspirin tablets might make me feel better. i hope i didn't just take some just over ten minutes ago ;) ]

element42
27th April 2005, 11:26 AM
The tables are fixed! :D
so I've entered my best times: 29.6 lap time is not fastest, but combine with a 29.9 opening lap to get a cool 59.5 race time 8) . yeah.

but that was a while ago. i've given up trying to beat 29.5 for now...