PDA

View Full Version : Pure's (Non-Import and Official) EU Debut?

Mobius
5th April 2005, 05:16 PM
According to GamesTm.co.uk, the european psp launch is (From the date of this post) in 73 days time. or around the 15th June...

Does that sound reasonable - or possible even?

If so I can't wait!!!! :D :D :D

eLhabib
5th April 2005, 05:24 PM
I DON'T CARE! HA!

..sorry for that, I just felt like saying that. Man, I love this game :mr-t

yawnstretch
5th April 2005, 06:05 PM
Thats great news! The sooner its out the better.

Rapier Racer
5th April 2005, 06:06 PM
Lets just wait and see shall we *mass doubt* :?

lunar
5th April 2005, 06:39 PM
they either have an amazing inside track on the games industry, or they`re making it up in order to look clever and get more site traffic. We`ll see......

Mobius
5th April 2005, 06:57 PM
I have found this quote from Naughty Dog which made me smile...

SCEE: With over 80 territories under their belt, we think it should be renamed to Sony Computer Entertainment WORLD!!!

Ahem :)

Mental note for sony: Europe First :P

Seek100
5th April 2005, 09:26 PM
I dunno how SCEE can have over 80 countries to supply as there are only 49 countries in Europe, and that's if you include Cyprus, the Caucasus states, Russia and Kazakhstan. Have I missed something or do Naughty Dog seriously need to do some research?

eLhabib
5th April 2005, 10:23 PM
I'm pretty sure they are covering Australia as well because it is the same region, so they might just cover some other countries, too...

mid
6th April 2005, 10:20 AM
According to GamesTm.co.uk, the european psp launch is (From the date of this post) in 73 days time. or around the 15th June...

Does that sound reasonable - or possible even?

It certainly sounds reasonable to me. Summer is one of the big sales times for handheld consoles, as people want them to take on holiday; it didn't seem sensible for Sony to miss that and let Nintendo pick up all the sales.

rejj
6th April 2005, 10:27 AM
Yeah, our releases here are all from SCEE

The Boye
7th April 2005, 10:59 AM
I'll bet they include online multiplayer in the euro version.

eLhabib
7th April 2005, 11:08 AM
for those who haven't gotten it yet: stop wishing! euro pure is already finished and it's identical to the US version.

The Boye
7th April 2005, 11:14 AM
No it isn't. There are some differences to the euro code.

zargz
7th April 2005, 11:58 AM
you bet !!? what do you know !?? 8O

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

mid
7th April 2005, 01:16 PM
If there were no differences at all, Colin wouldn't have helpfully warned us that it would be network-incompatible with the US release. I doubt there is anything more than language changes, however.

The Boye
7th April 2005, 02:03 PM
you bet !!? what do you know !?? 8O

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

:wink:

infoxicated
7th April 2005, 02:50 PM
i.e. nothing.

JABBERJAW
7th April 2005, 02:53 PM
that settles it :D

The Boye
7th April 2005, 03:39 PM
The main menu has Online instead of Download for starters.

eLhabib
7th April 2005, 04:14 PM
oh well that changes the gameplay completely... :P

Sausehuhn
7th April 2005, 04:17 PM
online play?
hm... how do you get these informations? Are they offically confirmed?
___

why waiting for the EU-launch? Import a PSP and the game (If you've enough money and aren't shocked by the high prices), sell Pure on ebay when the EU-version is out and buy a new one...

The Boye
7th April 2005, 04:35 PM
Nah, nothing official. It could just mean that download content will not be required for the euro version as it will be already be on the disc. Foxy knows best though, eh?

Purist
13th April 2005, 05:37 PM
I wonder if they'll be any Euro 'exclusive' extras? :?

Sausehuhn
13th April 2005, 06:16 PM
Don't think there will be any exclusives for the European game. And no other changes as well. That's what I think. Maybe it will be different, but when you think there won't be something new, you also won't be confused if there aren't any extras 8)

Dimension
13th April 2005, 06:17 PM
I doubt it, even if there is, info of it would spread on teh intahweb and the Merry Cans would make it their business to inform us all that they want it too lol :roll:

Wamdue
13th April 2005, 09:07 PM
if the EU version comes with extra features Im buying the game again ( my US copy should be with me this friday )

Space Cowboy
13th April 2005, 09:28 PM
I get mine at 9.am thursday moring (tomorrow) :) I cant wait! Im a bit concerned about the size of the psp screen, but im hoping to be posting my thoughts on Pure here tomorrow :) Hope you'll find them interesting.

Concept
13th April 2005, 09:57 PM
Enjoy it. :)

You're in for quite a ride once Pure gets going.

Space Cowboy
13th April 2005, 10:13 PM
Oh man, im going to have trouble sleeping tonight i can tell you :)

I feel like a kid at christmas, its great!