PDA

View Full Version : Track 2 framerate, + suggestion

JABBERJAW
5th April 2005, 12:59 PM
I was getting a little bit used to the weapons fire, until phantom class. Track 2 to be specific. Don't even dare trying to keep up in the beginning of the race, you'll get about 247 weapon hits on your ship, every time. there is no chance of racing to the front in that the ships steal pickups just before you get to them, so no chance for a shield either. WAY too much weapon fire, I hope all the track aren't like this on phantom(track one was not like this, weapon fire seemed to be just the right amount). Saying #$% within the first 10 seconds of every race because my ship has come to a complete stop is not my idea of fun. More of a problem with this is the framerate goes down to about 10 FPS when all those weapons are going off through the tunnel. I really like this track, but this was frustrating as hell. I seem to be having a problem with the barrel roll lately as well, where it just won't do it half the time. I'm sure this is my fault in that I'm probably pushing up on the analog nub a little too much, but I know I am going left to right at least 3 times if not more, and it still won't do it. I hope this will just take practice. When I get my psp in a month or so I'm going to superglue a stick to the top of the analog nub, so it acts like a joystick and I have more control.
Solution= maybe in the next game, no weapons allowed to be fired until half way or three quarters way through the first lap, unless it is a shield or a turbo. this will allow the ships to spread out a little and tons of weapons won't be going off when all the ships are together bringing the framerate down to nothing.
Solution 2 have no fire zones on the track, where the testing shows the framerate going down to 10 FPS
This of course can not be implemented in this game, but maybe the next.

The Boye
5th April 2005, 02:18 PM
There should be an option to switch off weapons from the standard race. The stuttering framerate whenever a couple are fired off at the same time is a major flaw.

JABBERJAW
5th April 2005, 02:27 PM
I forget sometimes that this is a handheld and that happens. The framerate wouldn't suffer so much on this one track if every ship didn't decide to fire off their weapons all at once in the beginning of the race. I wouldn't want to turn off the weapons for one reason, you would get no turbo, and this isn't quite as fast as piranha from xl unless you use it, and it's very useful after turns. Do you have wipeout pure?

TMoney
5th April 2005, 03:25 PM
Keep trying...

Sometimes it can be better to fall back and work your way up... however it's entirely possible to win keeping w/the front runners as well.

Phantom wasn't so bad for me once I remembered to absorb absorb absorb.

That Citta Nuova (spelling) is still a pain sometimes though.

yawnstretch
5th April 2005, 06:16 PM
Well Im not sure I agree with you on the weapons issue (they can be annoying but it makes for a more challenging race in the long run - but Im undecided) however I must agree with you on the issue of barrel rolls - it really does seem hit and miss - I often jump to the d-pad but thats only mildly better - is there a technique to it thats not in the manual?
Maybe Im just not doing it fast enough...

Still if it was all too easy I probably wouldnt be happy.

JABBERJAW
5th April 2005, 06:56 PM
Shouldn't have to fall back though. This track seems to be the main culprit, constant weapon fire bringing you to a complete stop, then yelling Doohhhhhh!!!

Mobius
5th April 2005, 06:58 PM
Al, don't take this peronally but i am getting the feeling you dont really like this game...

JABBERJAW
5th April 2005, 07:10 PM
I like the game alot, but got very frustrated with this track last night. The reason I post this is for future versions of the game. It's fine to admit there are problems with the game, no game is perfect. People who didn't create the game are taking it personally like they made it. I'm going to put a review up that will say the good AND bad about the game. Don't worry, it will get a fair shake.

JABBERJAW
6th April 2005, 01:09 PM
I have played the next two tracks and this problem does not occur as much, phew!
the framerate doesn't bother me as much as the weapon fire on that track.
Wipeout 3 ntsc version had a similar situation in that the ships would chuck you into the wall on the second turn of stanza 90% of the time if you tried to keep up, so it was difficult to get a perfect race.