PDA

View Full Version : Classic Tracks

JABBERJAW
4th April 2005, 12:59 PM
Well, there will be no comparison to the older tracks concerning speed. The turns are there but lot's of stretches have been lengthened, both on the flats and the turns. Tunnels taken out, ect. For the new tracks it would be great at least to get the exact layout of the track(length, and all the turns with the same curvature). The background look cool, so I'm not concerned with that. I was excited to compare sagarmatha to XL, but it is a longer track. However, it easy for any XL veteran to manouever through it. People keep saying the new physics would be impossible with the old track designs, but that is not true. There are some hard original tracks in pure that are harder than gare deuropa.

eLhabib
4th April 2005, 05:25 PM
it's not about hard or not. it's about how steep a hill can be in order to be able to climb it even on vector, or how vicious a curve can be in order not to lose ALL your forward momentum.
as you can easily see by the hairpin turn on citta nuova, they have put 3 speed pads right after the turn in order to make it enjoyable and not to slow to accelerate after havin made the turn. try it in vector or venom, if you are taking that turn and not hitting any of the speed pads afterwards, it will take you hours to accelerate again, even though it's goin steep down! that is due to the new physics in purE, you are losing your momentum.

JABBERJAW
4th April 2005, 06:56 PM
All I'm saying is I wish they had made the track(not the backgrounds), exactly as they were in the older games. The older games do not have any turns that pure physics couldn't handle.

Sven
4th April 2005, 07:55 PM
I think the classic tracks would have felt a lot more classic if they had kept the original scenery and textures all intact. I would have preferred that. The Prototype/Tron look should have been reserved for...prototypes.

yawnstretch
5th April 2005, 11:59 PM
Well all that said - I wasnt expecting too much from the 'proto'style classic tracks - but!

-just unlocked karbonis and I think it's great! Really gets the nostalgia going (for me anyway!).

There are more classic tracks in the downloadable content right? If so any word which tracks? Cant wait for the new tracks (and im looking forward to unlocking all the classic tracks apart from Karbonis now that I've finished Phantom ascension). :twisted:

eLhabib
6th April 2005, 10:46 AM
the classic tracks are cool in a way, partly because you remember some twists and turns, partly because of the cool tron-look, but overall I just find them way too easy (karbonis really is the hardest of them). I was really expecting a lot from manortop, but it's not what it used to be. it's a walk in the park...

Brother Laz
8th April 2005, 12:52 PM
Manor Top was always easier than it looked like... it looked like sheer 90º hairpins, yet you had lots of allowance due to the lack of barriers and the fact that the track was wider than the graphics showed [boo!!]. Silverstream it wasn't. Plus it had two huge long straights, the same mistake that made GDE so easy.

IMO, Manor Top and GDE were two tracks that should have been hell just by looking at the track map, but turned out to be easy, as if they didn't want us to lose or something. You couldn't fall off the track on Manor Top if you tried, both have huge straights and both the hairpins in the tunnel on GDE and the 90º corners on MT are about twice as wide as the rest of the track.

Being a sad little euro, I don't have Pure, but if the old tracks are indeed longer and flatter, well yeah MT now got two straights the size of a landing strip and hairpins so wide you could do a full 360º on them, with an ICARAS.

Hmmm, perhaps Stanza Inter will be downloadable at some point... and you can bet that going left will be faster this time, just to taunt the players.

Sausehuhn
8th April 2005, 01:07 PM
Some questions about Mandrashee:

- it's the 1st track, isn't it?
- watched a video, the track has changed, right? The 360° thing (don't know the english word) has changed to a up-and-down section (?)

Dogg Thang
8th April 2005, 01:16 PM
It's the last classic track and, yep, the 360 section is gone. It's just sort of wobbly now.

Seek100
8th April 2005, 05:25 PM
The loop-de-loops in Fusion tracks (the 360 bits you're talking about I think) wouldn't work in any other wipEout as they at least vaguely respect the laws of physics, your craft would just stop when the track becomes vertical and fall back down to the track. Unless you were going lightning fast and gravity didn't have enough time to pull you down which would be hard to do even in wipEout craft.

Mobius
8th April 2005, 06:17 PM
It was a corkscrew. And 200 mph would be ample for a loop the loop.

Mind though you would be in barney if you are hit when uspide down.