PDA

View Full Version : Livery mode?

alnuva
1st April 2005, 07:32 AM
Whats Livery mode?
have you got pics of the diferent crafts?
could you post the pics?
please!? :?:

Space Cowboy
1st April 2005, 09:57 AM
Livery mode is just different paint jobs for the ships. I dont have any pics, sorry.

kaiotheforsaken
2nd April 2005, 02:09 AM
pics are barely needed, the paint jobs very only slighty on most craft. nice change of pace, but some of the ships i wasn't even sure if livery was on. but if your dying for pics i'll try and take some.

eLhabib
5th April 2005, 05:18 PM
uhm, WHAT?! BARELY DIFFERENT?! Go wash your eyes, son :wink: I just unlocked Livery Mode, and I have to say I think this is the sweetest reward I have EVER got for completing something in a videogame. period. Livery Mode is AWESOME! Yes there are 2 ships, where you wouldn't notice the different paint job instantly (Triakis and Quirex) but the rest of the field is just terrific. The new paintjobs actually make the original ones look so very old that I was almost feeling the developers made the original paintjobs look extra crappy just so Livery Mode can shine. But, the original paintjobs are great, not crappy! However, the new ones are so much better that I don't think I will ever be racing in the old clothes again. ever.

question to the devs: is it just me or are these new paintjobs really shinier than the original ones, sunglares and everything... especially the piranha, ag-5y5 and harimau one look like there even is more detail to the ships now! outstanding, really.

Now I love purE even more (which I thought was impossible)!

...just wish there also where new paintjobs for the zone and medievil ship. How sweet would the zone ship look in black..

yawnstretch
5th April 2005, 06:08 PM
Again I find myself in agreement with you eLhabib.

The AG livery ship is all I use and the zone ship would look AWESOME in black :D

eLhabib
5th April 2005, 10:16 PM
hmm we should test the similarity of our tastes with other things, too... like women or alcohol :D

kaiotheforsaken
6th April 2005, 01:59 AM
BARELY lol, some ships are better than others, but overall the best rewards in the game are the 2 unlockable ships.

alnuva
6th April 2005, 07:14 AM
could you please post some pics eLhabib??? :?:

eLhabib
6th April 2005, 10:53 AM
problem is, you only really see the full beauty of the liveries at the fly by at the start of a race. I'm not sure if I can get good quality shots of that. but what I can definitely do is show you how they look when you're driving. expect pictures this afternoon.

eLhabib
6th April 2005, 04:46 PM
okay, after working on a private project, I have now taken screenshots of the 8 original and livery paintjobs and put them together in one picture so you can compare them. you can check them out here:http://www.wipeoutzone.com/user_files.php?user_id=913

I have also made some (rather crappy due to cheap camera) videoclips showing some ships in livery and the medievil team. if anyone is interested write me a PM.

Sausehuhn
6th April 2005, 05:00 PM
cool, thanks
would be intersting how they look from the side or front. :roll:

Thanks again! :)

alnuva
6th April 2005, 05:06 PM
can is please see the movies and some pics of them from the side? :)

eLhabib
6th April 2005, 05:31 PM
well, making pics from the side is impossible with my cam, for it can't snap away quickly enough on macro-photography to catch the exact second of the flyby where you see the ships from the side.

I couldn't manage to upload the clips to my w'o''zone files, maybe they are too big (20mb), so you will have to contact me over msn messenger.

Dimension
6th April 2005, 06:25 PM
cool, that paintjob makes the Qirex look decent, not so sure about the pirhana, but I like the original so it's no biggy. Cheers for the pics eLhabib!

eLhabib
6th April 2005, 07:48 PM
attention: most of these screenshots don't do the actual paintjobs justice. you have to see them from all sides! actually, the piranha one is one of my favorites, if you see it from the side you will understand. It's mainly red and has pointy yellow stripes all over the front, looks a bit like teeth. great stuff!