PDA

View Full Version : Zone ship for the few (time trial issue)

JABBERJAW
31st March 2005, 09:45 PM
I took the zone ship for a test drive on TT yesterday. Now while I don't have phantom speed down, I am not complete crap at it and was lasting about 3.5 laps before blowing up. I am betting only a few people are going to be finishing tt races on phantom with this ship. A single race is much easier, because you can just absorb weapons.

Dimension
1st April 2005, 12:18 AM
How does the zone ship compare to the 2097 super ship, the stats are pretty similar, sans the shield. You said in another thread that it slows down more on corners, is that true with the zone ship too or is it a lot more forgiving? :)

*edit* have you tried it at sagar-matha or manor top to compare by the way? I'd be interestd to find out how it compares.

def
1st April 2005, 01:40 AM
Its pretty hard to directly compare the speed even on a familiar track. Sagarmatha is a bit different from the XL version of the track, however in response to a request a few days ago i did record a video of a sagarmatha run on rapier i dont think my server could handle mass downloads but if anyone wants it feel free to pm me for a link.

Edit: Thanks to the suggestion from The Boye, here is a link to the movie good for a week or 25 shots, http://s25.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2J9EUJ4LT7MWI0X683M3SXS7F5 i apologize in advance for the shoddy piloting / camera work, its hard to do both at the same time.

G'Kyl
1st April 2005, 05:57 AM
Thanks for the clip!
Well, there isn't much left from the original track except for the course layout. I love how they set the classic tracks to scene, but one should certainly not expect the athmosphere from the originals to make an appearance.

Ben

Dogg Thang
1st April 2005, 06:19 AM
Well even the course layouts aren't all that intact. They seem to be only based loosely on the originals, probably due to the changed handling in Pure.

G'Kyl
1st April 2005, 06:49 AM
Maybe so. Plus, Colin pointed out that the Pure designers didn't have the track files from the first two Wipeouts (they had been available to the WO3SE team), which is why they had to rebuild everything only from what can be seen in the games.

Ben

eLhabib
1st April 2005, 09:04 AM
hm, the first part clearly is sagarmatha, but after the curve on the hill... ? it doesn't go steep down, then there are some curvers I don't really remember before the jump, and the looooong right turn before the finishing straight doesn't really seem long anymore...

anyway, thank you very much for the clip, def!

Rapier Racer
1st April 2005, 11:21 AM
Doesn't really look of feel very sagarmathay, in fact I probably would realise it was supposed to be that track if it wasn’t pointed out

Mobius
1st April 2005, 04:11 PM
If anyone gets to mandrashee, could they show it?

i would love to see it before the psp release. :)

def
1st April 2005, 11:55 PM
Sure, Ill record a lap tonight.

Sausehuhn
2nd April 2005, 10:11 AM
@ def

this movie is awesome! The menue, the trackdesign, the ship! WOW! Now I know that you also can play european movie-UMDs on a japanese PSP and the menue is german with the update, I would import a PSP (with Pure of course).
But I haven't got enough money :cry:

def
2nd April 2005, 11:40 PM
I felt the same way when the Japanese version came out sausehuhn, but i didnt have the money either >_< I scraped together enough to get it on launch though, and it wasnt a bad way to blow a couple hundred bucks.

Mobius:
I made the video of a lap around mandrashee, get it here:
http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2VB4LMYAAL1K909EY0JSLVMOS0
this time i did it on phantom speed with the zone ship.

If anyone has any ideas on better ways to record videos please let me know and ill put it into practice, my current setup doesent work so great and i dont have a tripod T_T

Dimension
2nd April 2005, 11:54 PM
My my... that track seems fairly short and easy *shrugs* plus phantom doesn't seem too quick, possibly due to the width of the track, I dunno, cheers for the vid though def :)

Mobius
3rd April 2005, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the vid.

My 2 gripes are - its course one and they have scrapped the corkscrew :(

Oh well pure is still on my to get list :)