PDA

View Full Version : Downloadable content

Pages : [1] 2

yuriksan
31st March 2005, 07:07 PM
Theres alot of chat about handling, floatiness etc.

Wouldn't it be great if Studio Liverpool released some downloads of the existing tracks with the physics constants modified!

I've read the discussion on poly count restrictions etc, but with downloadable content things like this can be over looked!

I can't wait till someone get their hands on a wipeout pure track download and mods it out! That is going to be a sweet moment, guys ever any chance of seeing a track editor?

Lance
31st March 2005, 07:40 PM
polygon count restrictions are based on what the processors can handle, not on the capacity of the UMD. you can't download a more powerful graphics chip.

i do wonder, though, if someday, one could use plug-in replacements for processors, so the same case and display screen could continue to be used. better yet, how about modular everything?

Dogg Thang
31st March 2005, 07:47 PM
The problem with that is that there would be no consistency in terms of who had what hardware. That would lead to bugs, crashes, constant upgrading, the need for patching etc. That's what having a PC is all about but the great thing about consoles is that they are fixed. There are no variables that can be missed by developers.

Sven
31st March 2005, 07:47 PM
Cell chips are modular. Cell powered PSP2, maybe!?

Lance
31st March 2005, 08:09 PM
DT, very true. good point

G'Kyl
31st March 2005, 10:01 PM
Didn't the SNES/SuperFamicon get some games that came with a special FX chip on the cartridge? Plus, there is some sort of graphic enhancer add-on for the N64, though I'm not entirely sure where you'd have to plug this. ;) So in theory it is something you can do, even though Dogg Thang got a point. But then this sort of enhancement capability wouldn't even remotely mimic the variance among "the" modern-day PC.

Ben

Thruster2097
31st March 2005, 10:17 PM
Wasn't that an expandable memory chip for game saves and stuff? They had a similar contraption for the sega genesis / mega drive games.

At least with only one set of PSP hardware parameters, it makes making the games a whole lot more easier.

AmishRobot
1st April 2005, 02:36 AM
Wouldn't it be great if Studio Liverpool released some downloads of the existing tracks with the physics constants modified!
I've actually said for a long time that with all the stupid little hidden cheats in games, the most fun (at least with racing games) would be ones that tweak the physics in different ways. Seems like it would be a pretty simple thing to do, especially compared to BIG HEAD MODE! :cowboy

The Boye
1st April 2005, 12:41 PM
Is there anyway a future download could incorporate the option to have your own soundtrack to play along to? Pure does have some choice choonz but there are a few that aren't really wipEout. Just think if you could have all the previous classics available as a custom playlist.

Space Cowboy
1st April 2005, 01:17 PM
Well if they are planning to release extra tunes for download in the coming months, then they are going to have to have a music folder on the psp's memory card. it should just be a simple case of dropping your own mp3/ATRAC tunes into this folder for playing. If the devs can add custom music to the game, then we definitely will be able to. :D

Dogg Thang
1st April 2005, 01:24 PM
Well it could be encoded in such a way that the average user won't be able to access it.

Space Cowboy
1st April 2005, 08:15 PM
Tru, it could be encoded audio of somekind.

yuriksan
2nd April 2005, 06:51 PM
Sorry, I should have clarified.

I read in another topic that the developers had to tweak the handling to prevent players flying off the track, and seeing areas they shouldn't, areas with no content.
The ability to ride up the walls was also restricted by polygon count...

Now the games been released we could see some more "rough" tracks, hey would we complain about the odd glitch in a track to have back the shortcut fun of 2097/XL!

I'm not suggesting that they would be able to somehow improve the game enigine or anything, just provide us with some physics tweaks.

The idea of a track editor, oh man...

Ally Graham
4th April 2005, 10:27 AM
Taken form Gamesradar.com:

Wipeout download details

[04/04/05 09:38]
Studio Liverpool's futuristic racer leads the way for downloadable PSP content

After a recent visit to Sony's Studio Liverpool we can exclusively reveal solid details regarding the downloadable content of its PSP game, Wipeout Pure.

The studio's communications manager Nino Ceraolo confirmed that the additional materials will be available in downloadable packs and will initially provide players with 12 extra tracks and four ships, as well as new team and front-end skins.

Emphasising the benefits to players, Ceraolo points to the fact that, "When the packs are downloaded, they'll integrate into the game to make new tournaments" - something that should ensure players are engaged long after the twists and turns of the principle courses have been tamed.

Of the 12 new tracks, four will be full environments that were possible contenders for the main game, but were eventually earmarked for download. Another four will be tracks taken from the previous games and given a Pure makeover, while the remaining courses will be a mixture of more minimal, abstract affairs.

All downloadable content will be available from the game's website, and the process of shifting it on to your PSP should be simple enough, using either a USB cable or by connecting to a wireless LAN (local area network) from the in-game browser.

The website will also provide more incidental content for download, such as extra music tracks and billboard designs.

A music mixer will also be featured on the site and will grant players the opportunity to remix all of the in-game music tracks. Once players are happy with their tweaking and twiddling, they will be able to download their efforts.

While most of the downloadable content is finished, Sony is currently in the process of figuring out the best way of releasing it, because, as Ceraolo explains, "We want to make sure all downloadable content isn't already out in Japan and America before the European launch."

When we raise the subject of a 'contents for cash' price structure, Ceraolo is, at least with regards to the short-term strategy, assured in his response. "We want to get people to use the extra content, so for the first six months I can't see there being any paid-for content - it's not something we want to do."

And, yes, downloading all the initial packs will definitely fill up the 32MB memory stick provided with PSP, so you'll either have to store downloadable content on your PC or splash out for a bigger memory stick, which, for most PSP owners, will be unavoidable anyway given the meagre space provided by the default stick.

However, this niggle shouldn't divert attention away from the fact that Studio Liverpool is truly trailblazing when it comes to downloadable content - an area of PSP that is, at present, massively neglected.

Stay in touch with gamesradar.com for a full report on our visit to Studio Liverpool soon.

Wipeout Pure will be released as a PSP launch game

Dogg Thang
4th April 2005, 10:33 AM
Sounds fantastic! 12 tracks? Wow. But I hope they don't keep us waiting until the EU release some time in 2007...

rejj
4th April 2005, 11:11 AM
while the remaining courses will be a mixture of more minimal, abstract affairs.
Does anyone else think this sounds like Prototype tracks... ?
Sounds like some considerable effort was put into the extra content, which is great to see.

Axel
4th April 2005, 01:38 PM
wow, yeah it does sound like prototype tracks to me as well. I'm liking the fact that they could add more to the game after the 6 month period which means continuous support for the game upto a year? Even though we might have to pay after the 6 month period or something.

yawnstretch
4th April 2005, 02:38 PM
Yeah - I'd totally pay for downloads after these initial 12 tracks and the first 6 months. Im not too worried about waiting either - its good to have something to look forward to as well as allowing me to concentrate on the great tracks we already have.

I thought all the tracks would be 'tron'style - great to hear we're getting more 'real' tracks too.

This music mixer thing sounds fascinating too... :idea:

Dogg Thang
4th April 2005, 02:48 PM
Yep, but from the sound of that it seems unlikely we'll get an option to be able to use our own music tracks. Not to worry.

I had also convinced myself that they'd all be 'virtual' tracks so the idea of some more fully realised tracks is fantastic news. You're right about the wait - there is plenty here to master as it is. Of course knowing they exist still makes me want to have a go! I like the idea of more skins too just to liven the interface up. Actually I would imagine they'll start with things like that before giving us tracks or craft.

Rapier Racer
4th April 2005, 03:10 PM
Accordong to the official PS mag, you can listen to music while playing games, custom soundtracks, it's reason number 13 of 31 why you'd be an idiot not to buy a PSP

Dogg Thang
4th April 2005, 03:20 PM
Well maybe there are games with custom soundtracks but Wipeout is not one of them. Actually none of the PSP games I have come with that option.

Axel
4th April 2005, 03:25 PM
This is really annoying, these extras would have been here by now, or very soon to be released if SONY didn't mess up the european release. But if they agree on a official release date, then it better come after my exams are done in June :P

Sausehuhn
4th April 2005, 03:47 PM
Wrote an e mail to SCE Germany and they said they don't know anything about the release date and the price of the console.
If you really want to get informations you have to write a real letter I think. Trust me, there are thousend e mails a day and the answer you get is just standard :evil:
Colin (or Martin), do you know anything about that? I mean your team makes the downloadable content and they have to decide how to make it online, so you maybe know something?
pleeeaaaase!
An import is not the best way to get a PSP, you have to pay 80€ just for shipping and taxes!!! (more if you want to import another game, too!!!)
And that is what gets on my nerves!! Is it really so complecated to say a date? Or maybe just a month?!? :brickwall

Concept
4th April 2005, 04:51 PM
Trust me, I've purchased an import PSP, and the customs/tax/shipping didn't cost £60. Maybe it's different in Germany?

Sausehuhn
4th April 2005, 05:05 PM
30€ shipping, 50€ "zoll" = "taxes you have to pay if you want to bring things from outside the country into the inside"

Concept
4th April 2005, 05:30 PM
30€ shipping, 50€ "zoll" = "taxes you have to pay if you want to bring things from outside the country into the inside"

VG+ marked my PSP down thankfully $20 toy which got me around customs.

Apologies: Off topic. Will end here.

eLhabib
4th April 2005, 05:48 PM
so what? the PSP will price at over 300 euros here, anyway! my educated guess is 349,-

Space Cowboy
4th April 2005, 06:04 PM
WOW! 12 tracks! This is great news :) Sounds like the devs are really keen to keep WO pure going way after launch.
Thanks very much devs :D

Concept: Do you think i should email play asia and tell them to mark my psp as a toy? Or do you think they'll do that already?

Sausehuhn
4th April 2005, 06:40 PM
I don't think they will exept is as a toy, no metter if it's marked as a one or not.

Space Cowboy
4th April 2005, 06:49 PM
ah bummer :( I really dont want to pay the tax.

Concept
4th April 2005, 07:12 PM
Find out and ask them. :)

Generally VG+ mark things down automatically. (It said on the invoice how much they had, and they'd set up the sellng of the unit to look like it was from an individual owner to another).

Sneaky but it worked, so I'm not complaining.

Dogg Thang
4th April 2005, 07:44 PM
Back on topic for a sec, what I would adore as an extra would be a way of putting a sign or two or your own. Imagine making your own animated gif logo and having it up on one of the signs? That would be very cool indeed.

Any word on whether any of those tracks are new Zone tracks?

Seek100
4th April 2005, 08:16 PM
I don't think they will exept is as a toy, no metter if it's marked as a one or not.

Depends on the laws regarding taxation of stuff coming into your country, may be different to Concept's country. BTW if I recall my history the zollverein was the 'customs union' in 19th C. Germany that excluded Austria and led to Prussia's dominance over the western German states. Zoll sounds like customs duties to me: if you find a site that has PSPs already located within the bounds of the EU, for example I saw recently a site with PSPs for sale imported from the US but they were already sitting in a warehouse somewhere in the UK. If you bought the PSP from this British site customs duties would be illegal thanks to the free movement of goods between EU member states dropping your costs to just the postage, I can't remember the site I found but there will be some places. the Federal German govt. can't charge you customs duties on something brought into the country from another member state.

Megatron42
4th April 2005, 10:12 PM
I need to go back and play 3 and Fusion more. I feel more like the n00b that I am by neglecting these, and then not being all that celebratory when remakes show up.

And if they can do a sound mixer, maybe they can do a track mixer too 8O

Philistine
5th April 2005, 05:18 AM
Any word on whether any of those tracks are new Zone tracks?
According to this article (http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=35162&subsectionid=1585) :

"Of the 12 new tracks, four will be full environments that were possible contenders for the main game, but were eventually earmarked for download. Another four will be tracks taken from the previous games and given a Pure makeover, while the remaining courses will be a mixture of more minimal, abstract affairs."

Mobius
5th April 2005, 09:06 PM
...with 12 extra tracks and four ships...

Well i bet that the 4 new ships are

Icarus
Tigron
Goteki 45
Van-Uber

Yay!

Lance
5th April 2005, 09:19 PM
that's IcarAs, baby; it's the greatest and doanchoo fergit it, nohow!

now if i could just afford the machine and the game, i could have a new place for Icaras to play!

Seek100
5th April 2005, 09:35 PM
I thought Tigron don't exist anymore by the time of purE? I know there's a new team logo for them but after reading the Qireж history on the American purE site it sounds like they got screwed when the F9000 leagues imploded shortly after Fusion or have they changed the story since doing the history for that site?

eLhabib
5th April 2005, 10:24 PM
I. WANT. EGR. BACK. PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASE!

Prometheus
5th April 2005, 10:44 PM
Qirex gotrestored by the son of an old factory worker for Qirex... who restored an older ship model and made money off of that.
Wasn't Tigron a criminal organisation? It's possible they sold off Qirex after f9000 implode, but kept going as an organisation... then saw Qirex make a return, they already have some knowledge of AG (though not in ship design judging by fusions effort) and make a come back.
should be interesting.. a battle between the old Russian team and the new one. Bit unfair there are two teams from samecountry...

zargz
5th April 2005, 11:44 PM
the Largest country in the world after all!
( TI tread Q - does most northamericans really think the states is the largest country in the world? :P )
Go Mother Russia!! http://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/star.gif > I was actually born in Moscow!
:twisted: mwaha!

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

Lance
5th April 2005, 11:48 PM
Russia the largest country in the world? not likely. maybe by area, but in terms of sales potential which is what counts for Sony for release date purposes, no way. you could go by buying power or population, and that would be U.S.A. or China. the fastest way for them to get their development money back is by selling to the hottest markets first. influenced somewhat by the company being native to Japan, as are most of its top execs. but i digress. the country that has the most money for financing teams and had the greatest pull with the racing organisation would probably be the one to have the most teams and races. like the U.S. used to have 2 Grand Prix races per year, when all the other countries who had races at all only had one. the world ain't fair.

zargz
5th April 2005, 11:55 PM
the word 'Largest' to me indicates Area > nothing else! :P
and we are talking about a bit more than hundred years in the future (pure) not about today nor the allmighty Sony ;)

Lance
6th April 2005, 12:02 AM
true, but this topic started out being about downloadable content [supplied by Sony] and release dates [determined by Sony]

oh... and btw, :P

:D

zargz
6th April 2005, 12:24 AM
yeh. also true ..
another thing that's true is i wont be getting me a psp/pure till they go down in price :(
but still -> http://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/star.gif!! and >> here the logo of qirex pilot fr wo1 kel solaar -> a fist in the air << 8)

Hybrid Divide
6th April 2005, 01:24 AM
Only 4 new ships?

I was kinda hoping for a few more.
======
EDIT: I'm not complaining. I just initally thought there would be 8 new ships too. And was hoping one would be the Dual-Engine classic design.

Still, having Goteki-45 will be a sweet thing. 8)

Seek100
6th April 2005, 11:36 AM
Van-Über will be twin-engined, it can't really be single engined given the design is mostly engine with a cockpit stuck between LOL.

Lance: by the time of wipEout America should have lost most of it's wealth, this is not just random America-bashing, think about it. Most of the money invested in the US belongs to OPEC, the US is completely dependent on OPEC pricing in $ as this means everyone else has to have reserve supplies of $ to buy oil. The invention of AG tech makes oil worthless and so every country in the world will then sell their reserve supply of $ and the OPEC countries will immediately pull out all it's investment in the US to try and stay afloat meaning a very swift crash in the US economy. At least that's what I see happening going by the current financial plans of the US.

Zargz: most of Russia's area is barely-habitable deserts or tundra, the largest administrative area in Russia - Sakha has a population density of 0.3 people per km² and it's not even the least populated place, so while it may have more area than any other country there aren't enough people to fill it up and there's not enough money for it to compete with places like the US or the EU.

Prometheus: I read the history of Qireж on the site and it says that the criminal organisation who were at once the Russian government and the owners of Tigron were all arrested along with the owners of Overtel and the other corrupt teams in 2170, there's no one left to restart Tigron, or if they are still around they're rotting in a gulag somewhere. :twisted:

Dogg Thang
6th April 2005, 11:53 AM
That assumes that Van-Uber will be one of the new ships. I'm not so sure that the Fusion ships will (or even should) make an appearance as their design is so contrary to where Pure has been taken. As it is the Medievel ship really throws off the look of the starting line-up. One of the great things about the ships in the original is that all of the craft look like they are part of the same race. By Fusion it was like the Wacky Races.

Different isn't always good.

It is a little weird to me that Fusion was panned by so many people and elements from it seem to be wanted in Pure. Personally I am happy to let Fusion go as a failed experiment and leave the teams, ships etc in the past.

As for extra ships, I think I'd like maybe some Pure renditions of more classic ships from the first 3 games.

UncleZeiv
6th April 2005, 12:22 PM
Another nice donwloadable feature would be... gt4 mobile :P :D

eLhabib
6th April 2005, 12:59 PM
it's to late for wishing, I'm afraid, as you can see by the w'o''zone purE avatars, the four bonus ships will be icaras, goteki, vanuber, and tigron.

Dogg Thang
6th April 2005, 01:45 PM
Ah okay. I didn't know that!

Seek100
6th April 2005, 02:03 PM
The reason for panning Fusion was not the design aesthetics of the ships in it, some of those were redeemable if a little bit as you say 'whacky races' (Xios looking like a flying potato for example) the reason I want to see some of the Fusion teams recreated in purE or in a later wipEout is because they are interesting designs but with sloppy execution, look at Auricom in Fusion, it looks like a badly assembled lego model, but we know that Auricom can be done in a 'proper' wipEout style, the same is true of teams like EG.r and Van-Über they can look good if done in a more wipEout-ish style, Van-Über for instance looked pretty damn good in the early concept work when Fusion actually looked like a wipEout game.

There is one Fusion-style ship that I would actually like to see in purE and that is the second Feisar model, can't remember the name at the moment, but it's the first upgrade for the ship, twin engines, the hull comes up smoothly to the cockpit and out to the sides instead of going straight back, the wings are swept back like in w'o", only bad thing was the crappy logo Feisar had in that game.

Dogg Thang
6th April 2005, 02:48 PM
Well I do think the design aesthetics of the ships were panned by some people and, in my opinion, with good reason. I think most of them looked rubbish (again, purely personal opinion). I do agree that the Feisar looked good but then that was the most WO looking craft out of the whole bunch. I hope that the Fusion teams get ships that look like WO ships.

Seek100
6th April 2005, 03:26 PM
I am infact one of the most rabid anti-Fusion people here and while I did pan most of the designs in their final incarnations in the game I would also be the first to recognise that the basic shapes and proportions of the ships were not entirely without merrit, I think one of my posts a while back I was singing the praises of the Van-Über design, not the version we see in the finished game but the basic idea which could have been developed into a good looking wipEout ship.

eLhabib
6th April 2005, 04:27 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I REALLY dig the EG.r ship. that and the feisar in its early upgrade stages where the most w'o'' looking ships in fusion. oh and the fully upgraded g-tech was pretty cool, although looking more like it came from f-zero.

Mobius
6th April 2005, 04:58 PM
@ seek 100:

Doesn't it say that tigron still existed and quirex were making some parts for tigron?

Seek100
6th April 2005, 06:35 PM
No it doesn't, it says that in 2132 the Overtel corp. (the people responsible for the downfall of the sport) severed ties with Qireж (there's no 'u' in Qireж otherwise it would be pronounced qweerex by english pronunciation conventions) and after this they continued to dominate the sport until the Russian economy collapsed int eh late 2140s. Tigron Enterprises was the commercial front of the Russian mob that had taken over the government, they bought out Qireж and used their facilities and tech to make Tigron craft. In 2170 the corruption in the league was uncovered and the Tigron team which was the most heavily involved and basically all the owners appear to have been arrested as the team was simply abandoned, it was then bought in 2172 by Feliks Levovich who re-registered the name Qireж in 2179 and made his living producing parts using the factory for old Qireж ships to sell to enthusiasts, he agreed to sell surplus parts for Tigron ships to private collectors but vowed never to make any new examples.

def
6th April 2005, 07:51 PM
browsing around on the japanese pure site i noticed an update to the "on-line" section here is the text:

additional content will be uploaded every month to the wipeout pure PSP private website over the next six months.

basic additional package contents (the following items can be downloaded every month):
1x new circuit
1x new craft
1x new menu graphics

the first - "gamma pack 1" will become available for download on 4/7.

im no master translator but the update is pretty clear, the rest of the info remains the same as my translation from this post: online play (http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1955)

eLhabib
6th April 2005, 07:53 PM
TOMORROW!?
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

def
6th April 2005, 08:00 PM
w00t indeed. i was pretty suprised when i saw it, i was expecting a bit more warning... of course theres no way to know for sure that the american release will be the same as the japanese release, but i dont see any reasonable reason why they would'nt be.

eLhabib
6th April 2005, 09:27 PM
erm, there is no japanese OR u.s. internet, it's one for all.

yawnstretch
6th April 2005, 09:55 PM
Wait did I hear someone suggest that there maybe downloadable content tomorrow??? Ooh thatd be sweet!

..except that I still havent even unlocked the existing tracks!

Getting ahead of myself as usual :P

eLhabib
6th April 2005, 10:16 PM
my bet is, the content will be this:
- feisar skin
- classic track, I'd say the gare
- goteki ship

Rapier Racer
6th April 2005, 10:18 PM
ooo can you post some screens of the new ship when you get the chance? *impatiently awaits new Van-Uber*

eLhabib
6th April 2005, 10:21 PM
well IF there really is content tomorrow, I'll post some pics. IF.

...but my favorite team will definitely be assegai forever, even more so with the recently unlocked livery paintjob, just looks sooo classy.

def
6th April 2005, 10:25 PM
eLhabib, theres no japanese or american internet but there are japanese and american versions of wipeout pure as well as the japanese and american websites which accompany them. US versions of wipeout pure check ingame.scea.com/wipeout/ i doubt japanese versions check the same page. Of course you could go grab the package from the japanese page if it isnt released in america but that probably wouldnt work ( language issues? ). I guess my last post wasnt very clear.

eLhabib
6th April 2005, 10:33 PM
that's what I meant, I can simply grab it from the jap site. I'm pretty sure the language issue doesn't exist, as language in this game is only a layer on top of everything for the interface. that doesn't affect the files that run the program, you know what I'm saying? I'm sure the downloadable content is exactly the same in JP as it will be in the US and all over the world.

def
6th April 2005, 10:45 PM
it would be neat if all the updates were the same, but im thinking about stuff like the team names, the japanese version ( im almost sure ) uses kata so the files will have to contain some language data. Also the ship and track descriptions, so there has to be either one big global update with support for all languages ( even the ones you cant directly access ) or more localized versions. I hope there is one global update... i guess we will see soon enough.

eLhabib
6th April 2005, 10:48 PM
like, erm, tomorrow :D

zargz
6th April 2005, 11:38 PM
could it be japs by 4/7 mean 4th juli like we do here in euroLand?

gbit
7th April 2005, 01:05 AM
I was thinking the same thing! Who else, apart from the US/Canada uses the mm/dd/yyyy format?

I grew up in South Africa, so 4/7 means 4th of July to me :)

Dogg Thang
7th April 2005, 06:25 AM
Well I don't know but I know cdjapan lists things in a year/month/day format. Knocking off the year 4/7 would be today.

Mobius
7th April 2005, 09:02 AM
Japan use the yyyy/mm/dd format i think

zargz
7th April 2005, 11:03 AM
I read the history of Qireж on the site .. what site? 8O
and can you tell us the combo to print that 'x' in qirex?
btw Russiahttp://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/star.gif is still Largest > in the words meaning! otherwise should've used a combination like > Largest Economy 8)
here in the north parts of swEden we got half person/sq km! :P

Seek100
7th April 2005, 02:57 PM
Half a person per km² is still better than most of Russia LOL.

OK for the cyrillic letter zhe (ж) either go to your start menu, programs, accessories, system tools, character map, that has every character you could think of in every format. Or if you can remember the code open a word window and type 0436 then Alt and 'x' to change it into a ж 0416 and Alt x does a capital Ж. Van-Über can be written the same way if you don't have a german keyboard 00dc then Alt x. Hope that helps.

Sorry for going completely OT.

Edit: the site I mentioned is the American wipEoutpurE site, I copied all the team history text into a single word file for easy reading, the site formatting is totally teh lameness, it renders apostrophes as 'z's. :roll:

Dogg Thang
7th April 2005, 03:06 PM
Everything so far seems to suggest that the content will have to be downloaded from the PSP, rather than onto PC and transferred. I have't found any hotspots. I have a wireless Buffalo Airstation USB thingie - anyone know if there is a way to configure it and my PSP to check for any downloadable content?

Sausehuhn
7th April 2005, 04:08 PM
EDIT: Message deleted - if you're going to post like a child, expect to be treated like one.

sorry

Rapier Racer
7th April 2005, 05:28 PM
Will there be background info for the 4 downloadable teams and if so where will it appear?

infoxicated
7th April 2005, 06:09 PM
I imagine there will be, but I have no idea when it will be surfacing.

Sven
7th April 2005, 07:57 PM
Everything so far seems to suggest that the content will have to be downloaded from the PSP, rather than onto PC and transferred.I was going to say that the Gamesradar article quoted on page 1 of this thread said you could either do a PC/transfer or direct download, but then I realized that it wasn't exactly a concrete statement.

In any case, since the files are going to be free, there shouldn't be a problem with copying them from someone else's memory stick.

Purist
8th April 2005, 11:32 AM
Greetings PURE fans, anyone know a link for the JAP downloads?!? :roll:

Mobius
8th April 2005, 09:03 PM
Apparantly you have to go via the game to get it - as in go to a hotspot and download. It is only available for THE JAPANESE VERSION ONLY that is as in the GAME not the psp.

But what there is int he pack is

- 1NEW TRACK [ Staten Park ]
- 1 NEW SHIP [ Tigron ]
- 1 NEW MENU SKIN [ Piranha ]

Purist
8th April 2005, 09:50 PM
SWEET!!! - you know your stuff!!! I'm off to Starbucks first thing tomorrow!!! :D

Glockster0
8th April 2005, 09:58 PM
Oh well guesses as to when we Yanks get ours ?

Philistine
8th April 2005, 11:11 PM
Since you can't access the Japanese Wipeout Pure download page with the US copy of the game I've accessed the site with Firefox and took a couple screen caps to share with everyone. Apparently the second download pack is coming out in May for the Japanese version of the game.

Also you can download this with your PC and copy it the memory stick (won't work with the US release though). So for those without wi-fi access you will still be able to get the new updates.

http://www.criticalanime.com/wipeoutpure_browser.jpg

http://www.criticalanime.com/wipeoutpure_download.jpg

Glockster0
8th April 2005, 11:28 PM
Wonders why the US doesn't get ours the same time the Japanese do & when do we get ours wasn't it released here first as well ???

Purist
8th April 2005, 11:39 PM
JUICY!!! :D :lol: :D :lol:
http://psp.ign.com/articles/602/602756p1.html?fromint=1

Can't see those pages on either IE or FIREFOX tho Philistine :cry: do you have the downloads?!?! add me to MSN messenger? kevs355@yahoo.com thanks!

Philistine
8th April 2005, 11:50 PM
To view the download page you neet to use the User Agent Switcher plug-in for Firefox. Then add a new user agent (under the Tools > User Agent Swithcer menu) with the user agent as SCEJ PSP BROWSER 0105 UCJS10007.

Purist
9th April 2005, 12:03 AM
done that with
Description as...

Description: PSP content
User Agent: SCEJ PSP BROWSER 0105 UCJS10007

Still no joy... :(

OO ER, IT WORKS!!! :D :D :D thanks man!!!

Philistine
9th April 2005, 12:04 AM
Did you select the PSP agent from the list of user agents?

Purist
9th April 2005, 12:05 AM
Dewd... you ARE a genius!!! were on earth..... 8O :? 8O :?

Still can't download the stuff tho :( nevermind, I'll try Starbucks tomo

Philistine
9th April 2005, 12:08 AM
Theres a bunch of tech talk about DLing the files here: http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=1381

I haven't tried it myself since I have the US release.

Glockster0
9th April 2005, 01:19 AM
Looks as if Scea needs to wake up our Us WP site is dead compared to the Japanese also wheres our Us update Scea C'mon sheesh

Concept
11th April 2005, 01:35 PM
Edit: Too late.

Dogg Thang
11th April 2005, 03:27 PM
Hmmm, I'm gagging to see what the first content looks like. No word on the US content? At the end of the week it will be out a month I think. Hopefully we'll hear something around then.

Nobody seems to have the jp version of the game on any of the boards I peruse but there has to be shots of the new track and Togron ship online somewhere if the content is out. Anyone seen anything?

def
11th April 2005, 06:28 PM
well no need to gag, here is some pics of the japanese downloadables courtesy RRsT J (http://blog.so-net.ne.jp/J-RRsT/):

piranha skin (http://defaulted.ath.cx/dl/piranha.png)
piranha skin2 (http://defaulted.ath.cx/dl/piranha2.png)
tigeron (http://defaulted.ath.cx/dl/tigeron.png)
staten park (http://defaulted.ath.cx/dl/staten.png)

it appears the four downloadble tracks that will be full enviroments are: staten park, ubermall, exostra run, sebenco peak.
i cant wait!~

there are a few other goodies and RRsT's site (http://blog.so-net.ne.jp/J-RRsT/) that make it well worth checking out, unfortunately its only in japanese, but if you guys need help with any info on there just let me know.

eLhabib
11th April 2005, 06:33 PM
cool, thanks for those!

hmmm, staten park sure doesn't look very, uhm, challenging?

Dogg Thang
11th April 2005, 06:47 PM
Thanks for those! Very cool. That skin is fantastic, I love it. The Tigron is a little Fusiony from the look of the pic but then why wouldn't it be - it originated from Fusion. Yeah the track looks smooth but sometimes the smooth tracks can be really enjoyable so I can't wait to play it.

Great stuff. Thanks again for the links.

Space Cowboy
11th April 2005, 06:49 PM
Excellent! the downloadable content is a bonus for pure. I just hope that they continue to release DL content after the batch they have developed.

Egg
11th April 2005, 07:44 PM
Don't worry. The downloadable tracks will be worth the wait.

Space Cowboy
11th April 2005, 07:47 PM
Im sure they will :D
Cant wait!

Purist
12th April 2005, 09:54 PM
So... lemme get this straight - I walk into say??? Starbucks with my psp and JAP version of WipEout purE and I can download the gamma pack yea?!?!

eLhabib
12th April 2005, 09:58 PM
yes. simple as that.

Egg
12th April 2005, 09:59 PM
Yeah.

eLhabib
12th April 2005, 10:06 PM
hey egg, any ideas when the US dl-content will be available?

Concept
12th April 2005, 10:12 PM
Somehow I doubt Sony are going to release that information on the forum first.

Always worth a try though, eh? :p

Go on Egg. Do tell. You know you want to.

Egg
12th April 2005, 10:29 PM
All in good time :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Purist
13th April 2005, 11:03 AM
Grrrrrrrrrrrr :twisted: *wonders* the US version has been out for donkies the JAP 7th April and they have downloadbles already, what gives?

Also, those who've downloaded and played... SHOUT OUT!!! - what's are the 'gamma pack' goodies like?!?!

Dimension
13th April 2005, 12:28 PM
Yeah, isn't there like a pirhana menu skin in there? *thinks he read that somewhere* Can't wait to see that :twisted:

Concept
13th April 2005, 12:30 PM
There's a photo on the forum of said skin if you look hard enough. Very tasty looking. ;)

I'm still waiting to see some screenshots of Staten Park in-game. I would have thought by now there'd be a few circulating.

Dogg Thang
13th April 2005, 12:30 PM
Yep, Def posted links to pics on the previous page if you're interested.

Dimension
13th April 2005, 12:31 PM
Ok, cheers Dogg Thang, that skin's very nice indeed! :D

Purist
13th April 2005, 01:41 PM
Any more photo's?... c'mon people!!! there must be SOME folk out there with ALL the currant available downloads? - host and share the wealth?

Dogg Thang
14th April 2005, 11:16 AM
Has the game been out a month yet? It must be close. And still no word of when we might get some new content for the US version...

The wait is really tough!

Philistine
14th April 2005, 11:48 AM
Its been out about 3 weeks now in the US. Hopefully they will release the new content soon. I'm certainly not bored with the game yet, but to know that the first update has already been released and I can't get it yet is killing me!

Rapier Racer
14th April 2005, 01:21 PM
Imagine how us Europeans feel :( :evil:

Philistine
14th April 2005, 01:29 PM
I'm trying not to. :wink:

Dogg Thang
14th April 2005, 02:17 PM
I am us Europeans!

Mobius
14th April 2005, 03:48 PM
Me too...and about at least another 500,000,000 people - it's hardly like we are a minority.

Mabey japan is being the crash dummy in the dowloadable content testing.

Seek100
14th April 2005, 04:17 PM
Actually there are a hell of a lot more of us than that, according to current census figures (some out of date) there are 740,410,475 people in Europe, that's excluding Russia, with Russia included it jumps up to 885,389,048. Either way there are a lot more of us than there are Americans (295,734,134 Americans, 327,968,089 in North America - US & Canada). Surely with such a massive population compare to north America we'd get a bit better treatment than we do from the console companies. :roll:

Purist
14th April 2005, 05:20 PM
I think European delays have a lot to do with localisation issues, remember, there are lots on NON English speaking countries in Europe... text has to be translated, speech changed (requiring foreign voice actors) plus other numerous issues. Remember, a good thing or not, we now come under the big cloak known as the European community (not FULLY... yet anyway!) so when summit is released... Europe is usually last in line, this has been the case with Nintendo, Sega and Microsoft's Xbox... otherwise a PAL label could be slapped on the yank version and hey presto!!!

So really, it's not THAT unusual is it? - Besides, my JAP version is almost here :D still wanna hear more and see more pics of current available downloadable content though!!! I'm as much in the dark as everyone else! :(

Mano
14th April 2005, 05:59 PM
You all are lucky to be IN the distribution plan, i ALWAYS have to get videogame related stuff through some friend/family memeber on a trip, or pay ridiculous import prices, which i certainly avoid, i prefer to wait until someone goes travelling.

My PSP and Pure is coming tomorrow, will play after i recover lost time with my girlfriend ;) 8), believe me, the second right after that, i will be playing (probably under the sheets LOL)

Dimension
14th April 2005, 06:02 PM
kinky mano's got priorities lol, see you in a few days mate :P

G'Kyl
14th April 2005, 07:24 PM
Went through various sources that downloadable content is ready for delivery, but Sony is still figuring out how to distribute the stuff so that European "latecomers" won't get a disadvantage and don't have to load all the downloads all at once, because all of it is already out.

Ben

Rapier Racer
14th April 2005, 08:11 PM
We in the UK talk English just like they do in America so why can’t we have it when they do?

Mano
14th April 2005, 08:16 PM
We in the UK talk English just like they do in America so why can’t we have it when they do?

Now thats a tantrum!

:wink:

*before the wrath of mighty Lance strikes upon the quote, it was one page before and my commment wouldnt make much sense without it ** Mano runs to hide **

Space Cowboy
14th April 2005, 08:49 PM
ROFL! i like it. :D

Seek100
14th April 2005, 08:58 PM

No we don't, we speak English, they speak American English, and I for one am very tired of having to wait for the localisation of a game - months after the American release, and they can't even spellcheck the bloody thing for proper English speakers - if they actually changed the text into standard English I wouldn't mind.

Rapier Racer
14th April 2005, 09:08 PM
The variation between proper English and US English aren’t that great are they? Surly only minor changes need be made, hee hee now Lance will posting here since he’s the resident er, you know English language guy

Dimension
14th April 2005, 09:10 PM
I second that Seek, it is our language after all :P

[micro rant]At least purE should use English-English, hopefully there's a few "Colour"s in the American version for good measure :twisted: Seriously though, most of the time I wouldn't honestly be bothered if they could be bothered to pronounce most of the words in English in games with spoken text (not that that really applies here heh heh) :roll: [/micro rant]

TMoney
14th April 2005, 10:11 PM
Alright guys why don't you knock it off with the superiority complex.

I remember having to wait months for Fusion too... at least you guys are waiting for a game that's actually GOOD.

Thanks

Love,
North American Tye

tapioca
14th April 2005, 10:32 PM
I hope they're not translating everything in the game. Only menus and teams stories would be enough. No bad voice acting or senseless translation, please !
For example the french for "quake disruptor" would give something like "perturbateur sismique" or "sismo-générateur" that doesn't sound at all in our language (sounds like a bad sci-fi movie).
I only need the original english voice for simple information like the weapon in use. Full translation is for the game manual only.

I remember the worst voice acting i heard in videogames was the french Metal Gear Solid for PSX (i guess those amateurs have been fired), which was even worst than Resident Evil 1(that had subtitles only so you should catch the idea…same voices for everyone). Then come many EA games where the speaker talks to you as if you were the dumb-cool-teenager-next-door. And the french release of Kessen 2, in which Chinese generals spoke with colourful french local accents. This one was surrealist !

I’d like to hear these ones in Italian, Spanish or German just to make a comparison.

Seek100
14th April 2005, 11:02 PM
"perturbateur sismique" does sound like a low-budget sci-fi actually :lol:

"at least you guys are waiting for a game that's actually GOOD" - I fail to see how that's really fair, I gladly swap them round so that we had to wait for Fusion and the US has to wait for purE, not having Fusion arrive on time is kind of a blessing.

With the voices, I kinda miss the old Amiga voice from wipEout 1 and 2097 - sounded much cooler than the bizarely eastern-european woman in the third game. :?

Chill
15th April 2005, 12:22 AM
Believe it or not, those names to me sound kinda cool!! :lol: I guess I'm low budget, but I never watch sci-fi. I really hate their new kinds of commercials. The only thing I watch on sci-fi is the old Twilight Zone, and that's it!! Ahem, sorry for the off-topic. It certainly is a lot better waiting for a game that's good than waiting for Fusion, seriously!! :wink:

tapioca
15th April 2005, 12:45 AM
"perturbateur sismique" might sound cool in an other context, but i can't imagine it with the ingame voices i know from wipeout. Too long compared to "quake"and whatever the filter chosen (dark-industrial robotic for XL, more realistic for WO3).
Maybe us latin Europeans could use "sismo" if it is to be translated… but Quake works for me.

I’m on your side for the Twilight Zone, Chill ! Great series

Seek100
15th April 2005, 01:35 AM
Yo Chill, I meant sci-fi as in science fiction, not the american cable channel, they don't have a monopoly on sci-fi programming.

Sorry for keeping this off-topic.

Chill
15th April 2005, 03:18 AM
Oh, ok then!! :lol: You want to make Wipeout as realistic as possible, well, that's what certainly needs to be done to make the atmosphere feel more real. Not like the new sci-fi shows that go so far out that you can't relate to it. :| So, to make this on topic, the downloads for Wipeout Pure need to be realistic enough to enjoy, and not to imaginative. This could ruin it for many people. :roll:

Seek100
15th April 2005, 03:27 AM
as long as none of the new ships have open cockpits or looks disturbingly like MiG-15s or Messerschmits then I'm okay, speaking of dodgy russian planes, the new Tigron looks pretty cool, can't wait to see Van-Über, Goteki-45 and Icaras

Dimension
15th April 2005, 06:33 AM
Hey uh, speaking of which, do we even know the stats for the Tigron yet? Seeing as how the download has been up for days, one would expect word to have leaked to here by now :|

Brother Laz
15th April 2005, 07:35 AM
Went through various sources that downloadable content is ready for delivery, but Sony is still figuring out how to distribute the stuff so that European "latecomers" won't get a disadvantage and don't have to load all the downloads all at once, because all of it is already out.

Solution: they'll wait until the EU version is out to release their downloadable content. :twisted: And we all know when the EU version will be out... [hint: April 16. 2197.]

Hey uh, speaking of which, do we even know the stats for the Tigron yet?

Hey, get your priorities straight!! Screenshots of Staten Park 1st, please. :twisted:

Dogg Thang
15th April 2005, 07:43 AM
On the subject of waiting for the EU version (seeing as I don't like the idea of waiting until 2197) - does anyone know if the EU game has actually been manufactured yet? Is it sitting somewhere waiting for a release date or do they hold off actually producing the UMDs until they know when they are hitting the shops?

Purist
15th April 2005, 09:33 AM
I'll spill all the juicy details on the JAP version soon as I have it.... pretty dissapointed in the lack of pics and details supplied in ere so far! :(

Dogg Thang
15th April 2005, 10:07 AM
Do you think it would help if we emailed Sony the follwing message? -

Dear SCEA,
Come on!!!!!

Yours sincerely,
(insert your own name here).

JABBERJAW
15th April 2005, 02:44 PM
seek, there is an amiga version of wipeout 1?

Space Cowboy
15th April 2005, 03:23 PM
Apparently, yeah. I dont have a clue where you'd find it though. I think it was made for the old accelerator cards that became available toward the end of the amiga's life. I think these were only available on the Amiga 4000, dont think the 1200 could take them.

Ah I just found this, a link with the game specs on it, sounds impressive.
http://www.amigasuperbit.com/indexcataloge/325.htm

Heres some more info & pics of the game in action:
http://membres.lycos.fr/amigaland/Games/wipeout2097.html

Seek100
15th April 2005, 03:33 PM
There was an Amiga version of wipEout, yes, but I doubt it'd even work on an A4000 with an accelerator card, you'd probably need to ditch the crummy 68030 or 68040 Motorola processor board that came with it and use a PPC board. I know that a third party developer got the rights to convert 2097 (and Tomb Raider 3 at the same time) but the minimum specs for the 2097 conversion are very high for an Amiga, PPC chips are needed, as is a decent accelerator card, lots of fastmem, and AmigaOS 3.5.

I'm sure the 1200 could take accelerator cards, at least if you took it out of the all in one case and put it in a tower with separate keyboard. Major limitation of the 1200 was a really low maximum amount of memory. But it's amazing the stuff some people have done with their Amigas, the latest version of AOS - 3.9 looks just as good as any contemporary OS like XP or MacOsX and some of the amigas I've seen for sale have spec lists like a contemporary PC.

When I mentioned Amiga voices in the first 2 games I meant the announcer voice you hear on all versions, it was made using a sound package on an Amiga - you know the computerised deep pitched voice.

Purist
18th April 2005, 05:56 PM
I was just wondering if any fans out there who have either the JAP version or just know their beans from lentils could possibly let me know the EXACT settings for the psp's browser are?

Basically, when I take delivery I wanna walk into my local Starbucks (for Wi-Fi access, oh and a nice coffee :D ) and obtain my extra tracks/ships/skins?

-Infrastructure Mode
-New Connection
but THEN where?!?!?! :(

eLhabib
18th April 2005, 06:23 PM
thats not a question of US or jap, you have to enter the settings for the wifi hotspot you are connecting to. best to ask the people at starbucks, they should know, but you can also just name it whatever and then scan for hotspots, and as long as it doesn't have a WEP encryption, you can connect to it without any further adjustments.

Philistine
19th April 2005, 12:23 PM
IGN has put up two videos of Staten Park with the Tigron ship (http://media.psp.ign.com/media/682/682962/vids_1.html).

Prometheus
19th April 2005, 02:35 PM
as far as downloadables go I would love to see more music by photek..has anyone been to their site?
http://www.photekproductions.com/

there's a player at the bottom. choose photek- sidewinder... man what a rush...and a name ;)

love the ign vids!

Sausehuhn
19th April 2005, 05:23 PM
I love these movies. The track and tigron as well looks very cool 8)
The craft is a thing between Pure and Fusion - I like that. :)
___

I allredy know the site, yes. It's cool.

Ally Graham
19th April 2005, 06:07 PM
No news on when it comes out for the US game then?

G'Kyl
19th April 2005, 06:09 PM
Great, now that I don't need it anymore, IGN is back online. ;)

A nice looking track this is. I like the huge gates or whatever they are. They seem like remnants from some ancient palace or something. Can't wait to see what the additional content is going to do for the game. I hope it's not just "there" but integrates into tournaments and maybe even unlocks some new stuff like liveries or skins.

Ben

Egg
19th April 2005, 09:04 PM
The new tracks will link together into new tournaments. Note the name of the first download pack - "Gamma 1" .... notice a pattern emerging ? :wink:

Also notice the large empty space on the tournament selection screen :wink: :wink:

And ... some more winks for good measure :wink: :wink: :wink:

Hehehe

Lance
19th April 2005, 09:09 PM
[runs to get emergency energy drops for Jon's overworked eyelids} ;)

Dimension
20th April 2005, 03:58 AM
Cool vids, looks like a pretty mint track :)

Prometheus
20th April 2005, 04:57 AM
yunno, the Tigron actually looks quite good... have there been any changes to its design for pure? When i saw it in Fusion my first thought was one of those early american Jet fighters (50's or 60's) and a little on the fat side... but looks like leaner and sleeker... it's gone the "pure diet plan" :)

uberweng
20th April 2005, 09:30 AM
the track looks very fast, could be good for some competitive time trials.

yawnstretch
20th April 2005, 09:36 AM
Yeah - this looks like a great track for ghosting competitions. Oh and whoever said Altima - I can see where you're coming from - this could be the best track yet... (mood wise)

Shem
20th April 2005, 11:20 AM
God damn it!

I cannot reach IGN.Com at all!! I and i want to see these vids so badly... All of the links you guys provided just don't work properly to me. Are there any other sites from which i could see Tigron and the new track vids?

Philistine
20th April 2005, 12:17 PM
PM me and I'll e-mail you the vids.

rejj
20th April 2005, 12:51 PM
I like that track... the scenery is nice, and it seems like it could get very fast indeed.
The Tigron looks pretty cool.. I wonder if it is still heavy enough to go barging the other pilots around.. ;)

Dogg Thang
20th April 2005, 06:50 PM
You know what sucks about this waiting? When we eventually get it we'll realise after one evening's play that it is just one track and one craft and we'll start the wait all over again for the next release.

The wait is killing me but part of me thinks maybe it would have been a good idea to hold off until maybe there were four tracks ready for release. Giving the track out for the japanese release was a real tease though.

Purist
20th April 2005, 09:00 PM
Lucky me! - I got the downloadables!!! and it's safe to say Tigron is up there with Medievil (in my humble opinion :roll: ) Staten Park looks simply beeeeeeeeeeeautiful!!! - Well, team Liverpool seem to have done it again (yet more ass kissing)... bring on GAMMA 2.

Folx, do what I did, buy the JAP version and enjoy :D the Phirana skin alone is worth it but the track? that just sweetens the deal!!!

8O 8O 8O

Philistine
20th April 2005, 10:00 PM
*beats Purist about the head with a trout* :evil:

Rub it in why don't you?

Axel
20th April 2005, 11:05 PM
That track looks like fun on phantom. Boy I can't wait for the euro release :(

Purist
20th April 2005, 11:16 PM
Sorry Philistine :cry: at least make it a cod though!

yawnstretch
21st April 2005, 09:54 AM
Wow buying the Japanese version just to have the extra track early? - Or dont you have a version of wipeout already?

Any word on when we get it (we being the US game owners)?

Yes I too have fallen into the trap of looking forward to the new tracks too much. That said I had a wonderful session of wipeout pure before bed last night and I love the existing tracks very much. Godammnit though - karbonis on pure is a nightmare :shame

Purist
21st April 2005, 11:31 AM
Yeah... I don't usually do that sorta thing but I've fallen for this game big time! - just waiting for the Euro version now :wink:

As to when the US downloadables are available... your guess is as good as mine (I'm small fry!) and even if I knew, I don't have OJ's legal team!

Seek100
21st April 2005, 02:42 PM
The new track looks almost like a speedway, no really nightmarish bends that I can see. Should be fun as there isn't really a Talon's Reach/Porto Tora style track in purE yet.

BTW yawnstretch, I actually found Karbonis depressingly easy compared to it's wipEout 1 incarnation, all the really nasty short straights and harsh bends seemed to be missing, infact I barely recognised any of the layout, Sagarmatha is the only other one I've unlocked so far and it seems to be roughly still the same shape if a little easier in places due to smoother bends/longer straights. Karbonis though is definetely a pale shadow of it's former glory. Plus I'm not a fan of the tron style graphics.

Can anyone with the Jap version tell us the stats of the Tigron ship? And maybe the little blurb it gives when you select them?

Dimension
21st April 2005, 02:53 PM
Can anyone with the Jap version tell us the stats of the Tigron ship? And maybe the little blurb it gives when you select them?

i was about to ask he exact same thing, stats pleeez! :D

Purist
21st April 2005, 03:04 PM
Dimension... at your service...

Stats are
Speed - 4/5
Handling - 3/5
Shield - 5/5
Thrust - 3/5

Blurb
'The last heavyweight to come from the Tigron assemly line is brought out of retirement for a second stab at the championship'

:D quite a nice lil ship, think I'll stick with my beloved Medievil though :twisted:

Dogg Thang
21st April 2005, 03:29 PM
Nice blurb. It does work well with the story, if you like that sort of thing! Stats seem a little high though.

Seek100
21st April 2005, 03:37 PM
Damn it my post got lost, I basically said similar to Dogg Thang but was a lot more long-winded. Oh well, yes the stats do seem unbalanced to me aswell, 15 points overall it's got more than any standard ship (Feisar has the most points of the normal ships at 14)

The blurb is cool though as they've already told us that Tigron went belly up in 2170 when the F-9000 league collapsed and the team was found to be hopelessely corrupt so having the team still exist in the purE era wouldn't make much sense with Qireж back now.

Dogg Thang
21st April 2005, 03:46 PM
Well I think story wise bringing it out for a new league would be more like the resurrection of Atari - a company, or rich interested party, bought what was left of the brand (rather than an actual company with production facilities etc) and thought it would have a place in a new league despite its history. Something like that anyway.

Purist
21st April 2005, 04:55 PM
Wow Dogg Thang, that's deep man 8)

You should be in the video game manual industry :wink:

Dogg Thang
21st April 2005, 06:26 PM
There's a video game manual industry? Heh, if my current career doesn't work out that's what I'll try for!

On Chengou Project, does anyone know what the big words say to the left just before the last tunnel? Why am I asking in the downloadable content thread - because it looks like the first word is Staten. So is the second word Park? (edit: actually I just saw the Staten Park ad in Sinucit, wonder if there are clues to the next tracks around?)

Actually here's a question for one of the developers here (or someone who has a developer's ear) - I keep going on about the day/night feature of WO1 (I know, broken record). So, regardless of whether it has been considered or not, would this be something that could be done through downloadables or would that not be possible? Would it be a case of changing the background map and applying a new lighting setup or would everything have to be re-textured? Just curious. Sol 2 at night with some red lights would be just about the most awesome thing I could imagine.

Lance
21st April 2005, 07:04 PM
Re: Dogg Thang's comment about Atari: i've had crazy fantasies of buying the remains of Commodore Business Machines and Atari [both of them at successive times owned and operated by the same family, the Tramiels] and bringing one or both names back to produce a very cheap moderately powerful compact computer on one small board, with middle of the road performance, but extremely low price and no expansion slots [except for one DMA external access port], producing thereby a very stable platform, almost like a game console, but with the usual versatility of a general purpose computer. but i tangentise; the relation of this to the topic is that bringing back ships from the earlier league and giving them further development is an idea that appeals to me. seeing Tigron, Xios, EG-R, and most of all, Icaras return to racing would be very satisfying to me, and entirely in keeping with the thus far published history of Wipeout anti-grav racing leagues

Dimension
21st April 2005, 07:31 PM
Wow, high stats for the Tigron, seems more like an up-front, fresh design than a dated "last off the assembly line" model. Of course this means i'm expect each of the downloadable ships to have better stats than the last (or at the very least have similarly high stats as the Tigron) :)

Seek100
21st April 2005, 08:28 PM
You couldn't make a Commodore a non-expandable platform, every Commodore I've heard of (as far back as the C64) was upgradeable, I dunno about the VIC20 that came before it. Anyway, Amiga still exist as a separate company, though they've moved on to a 128bit PPC native platform, like a Mac.

Anyway back to the thread, I don't think we're getting EG.r or Xios back, I thought it was just the 4 that we've seen in the avatar screen here, though would the Xios look like the floating potato version, or the speed-boat/manta ray version, that ship's changes didn't make much sense in Fusion.

Colin Berry
22nd April 2005, 11:07 AM
stats totals dont mean much as certain aspects are more improtant than others, speed for example generally outweighs shield in importance. For stats totals to have a proper meaning you have to weight the stats accordingly. Simply adding the figures does not give an accurate representation of a ships overall ability.

The dload ships have been given stats more in line with medievil, and zone ship. You wouldnt want to download a ship that was much of a muchness and of no real use would you ? So the dload ships will all be 'decent' without being 'super ships'.

eLhabib
22nd April 2005, 11:50 AM
well actually, yes, I would prefer downloading ships that are equal to the standard 8 teams! this way I can still enjoy my favorite team out of the standard 8 without having the feeling that it's crap compared to the new ones!
Don't you think it adds to the variety if all the ships are pretty equal in overall performance, instead of having 4 new ships that whoop on the old ones, so nobody will ever use the old ones anymore?

infoxicated
22nd April 2005, 12:28 PM
I agree - just means a multiplayer game will end up being eight folk choosing between the four download ships. Not to mention that my AG Sys is so **** in the first place when it comes to shields, that I've ended up as an Auricom man for the time being, so there's no chance of using an AG against the downloadables. :|

Dogg Thang
22nd April 2005, 12:34 PM
Yep, I have to say I also agree. Completely. The closer the ships are, the more the choice becomes simply a personal preference. I quite like it that way.

Oh, how about that night/day thing, Colin? Is that technically possible?

Seek100
22nd April 2005, 01:22 PM
I must also put my banner with eLhabib, infox and Dogg Thang, while the stats aren't exactly equal I've found most of the stock ships to be roughly as good as each other, so much so I can use Feisar in everything except time-trial, though Rob's right the AG is really lame, not just shields but handling too.

Is there any possibility that the packs will be altered for the American and European release? And maybe a retroactive alteration for the folks with the Japanese version? Just maybe tone down the d/l ships a little so they're about even with the existing ships. For example Tigron had some of the crummiest handling imaginable in Fusion maybe a stat of 1 or 2 handling ad leave the rest as-is? I know some people like the teams that are going to be downloadable but I rather like racing Feisar and Qireж and stubborn idiots like me won't really be able to compete on a fair and even footing if the new teams are dominant.

I know you probably won't change it but if I don't ask, as they say...

Purist
22nd April 2005, 01:39 PM
Had a thought :idea: surely now that an extra track is available, how many medals would it be possible to obtain?

Can someone out there do the math :?:

:roll: wonders if 'Purist' title would change into 'even purer'? :D

eLhabib
22nd April 2005, 02:11 PM
that one's easy: 5 single race medals, 5 TT medals, 5 tournament medals (I'm guessing since this is called gamma pack 1, that there will be a total of 4 gamma packs, adding up to a gamma league+tournament). So 15 golds in total.

foxy: I thought you were involved in making the stats for the downloadable ships? Why didn't you suggest to have them equal to the existing ones?

infoxicated
22nd April 2005, 02:36 PM
I wasn't that involved.

I think I walked past Colins Desk one night while he was messing with figures for the Tigron and suggested that the handling should be lower and the shields should be higher, or something to that effect.

Besides, me getting involved seemed to end in odd results in some instances, so it was best I kept myself busy with what I was doing and let the pro's design the game. :)

Purist
22nd April 2005, 02:59 PM
From what I've read around the net I was led to beleive there was gonna be SIX gamma packs :D :D :D bring em' on baby!

Mobius
22nd April 2005, 03:20 PM
How would the content be distribute in 6?

I know it is possible but there are 4 ships, possibly music 12 tracks and however many skins to be shipped also?

Time will probably tell.

Mogaar
22nd April 2005, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I love that the ships are balanced well and there's no uber-craft. While I almost always use the Zone ship for time trials, I can't imagine using it in multiplayer. I don't think it would last long. Anyway, I'm just happy that I can finally use Feisar in the speedier classes. I've always kinda picked my favorite teams by the ship design and color scheme :oops: , so Feisar and Piranha have always been my ships of choice...

Colin Berry
22nd April 2005, 03:41 PM
A lot of things had to be considered with the downloadable ships and a lot of opinions from various sources had to be taken on board.
There were arguments for wanting super ships way above the standard ships
Others wanted them to only be slightly better
Others argued for them fitting in the same 'scale' as the standard ships.
We had to take into account what we wanted to do but also what other people were requesting.

The idea that everyone will simply choose the 'better' ships in multiplayer - I'm not convinced thats going to be true or at least it is down to the individual players.

When I play pro evo with friends we pick sides that will hopefully give a balanced match, this can mean one person playing as Brazil, another as Japan.

Given that Wipeout multiplayer is ad hoc and as such will predominantly be played by people in the same room, ergo friends, it has to be assumed some sort of understanding will be reached between them.
An experienced player could pick the feisar for example and allow their less experienced friend to choose the Tigron in order that the race be relevant for both players.

There is also the option in multiplayer for the host to switch off downloadable ships, so if people have that much of a concern they can set the game up that way.

People playing in multiplayer have control over the situation, you can reach an understanding pre race with your friends and opt for 'any ships goes' or everyone in an Auricom etc.

In short people will be able to choose how and when they use which ships and I dont think that this extra choice can be deemed a problem given that players have the control to dictate the rules.

As for one or two teams dominating the time trial tables, this is something that is largely unavoidable unless all ships were made identical which would be pointless. We think we have achieved a balance that goes someway to minimising this, so that some ships are better for some tracks, however only time will tell if it proves to be the case.

As for the night and Day thing - it was considered however given what would be required time wise to do it, its not really viable.

Mogaar
22nd April 2005, 04:19 PM
Colin, I think you guys did a great job balancing the teams. I think it's kinda cool that if faced with a particularly grueling track (Citta Nuova springs to mind 8O ) I'll just try each team to find the best match. Or I'll just keep grinding with say Feisar until I get it right...

Actually I was doing that a few nights ago (trying to get gold on Citta Nuova in the Rapier league with a Feisar) and my wife came in after hearing me quietly cursing for thirty minutes. She stood there watching me wrestle with the PSP [not a euphemism], said "I thought video games were a relaxing hobby", rolled her eyes and sighed... Ten minutes after that exchange I came bolting into the living room screaming "HA! I DID IT!" At which point I'm sure she was silently musing over how she could have unwittingly married somene who is so clearly crazy...

Seek100
22nd April 2005, 04:47 PM
That last paragraph is basically the routine for me playing the game, it's incredibly frustrating at times.

@ Colin Berry, I wasn't so much referring to the mutliplayer, as you said people can simply choose not to fly with the d/l ships so as to avoid the unfair advantage. But, already I've unlocked the Medievil ship and it already dominates every race I do now - the Flash tournaments have become annoying. I can only imagine how badly the download ships will dominate the single player game.

eLhabib
22nd April 2005, 05:36 PM
Well, IMO, you should complete the singleplayer before downloading anyway. Given that the Tigron is better than the standard ships, using it would make the singleplayer easier than it was supposed to be, and flying against it would be harder. So just download AFTER you have finished the game.

@Colin: thanks for your word on this. Very good point you stated, I totally agree, in multiplayer it won't cause any problems. And since TT is gonna be dominated by the Zone ship anyway, I don't really care about an overpowerd downloadable ship there either. In my perfect world, however, all the teams would be balanced to have the same overall performance, so that I can choose my favorite team (guess :wink: ) in TT and still be competitive with it...

I do understand though that there have to be stronger and weaker ships for balancing issues between players in multiplayer.

Oh, and you play Pro Evo (4)? Yeah, that game must be the only one game I love almost equally to wipEout. 8) rocks

Egg
22nd April 2005, 05:59 PM
@Dogg Thang: the day-to-night thing is do-able, but time consuming. It would be like doubling the work on every track, and not all the tracks are suited to both.

Chenghou at noon? Not as nice.

It would be a relatively cheap way to extend the appeal of each track, though.

Lance
22nd April 2005, 06:04 PM
i would have thought that on-the-fly changes could be done by the lighting efx processor of the console. is it not powerful enough to do this? it would certainly be an even cheaper way to extend appeal [although standard conditions should apply during time trials]

Seek100
22nd April 2005, 06:10 PM
It would be a cheap way to extend appeal and be fanservice at the same time, which is always good.

Egg
22nd April 2005, 06:13 PM
Ah, but you have other changes to consider, which would require much coding: Lights coming on in the buildings, streetlights, the sun going down, the whole sky changing . . .

It's done pretty convincingly in GTA and Zelda, but in those games it's an important element of the gameplay. In WipEout it would be another layer of set-dressing, and therefore something that would have to be weighed against more important things.

But it would look nice, if you could suspend disbelief at the speed of the change!

Seek100
22nd April 2005, 06:20 PM
I don't think any of us want the tracks to change during racing, that'd just be silly as a race only lasts a few minutes anyway. Rather the idea is to have tracks like in wipEout 1 where the Venom version had one time of day and weather pattern, and the Rapier version had another time of day or weather. This wouldn't need to be implemented through classes in pure, just as separate versions of the tracks, say a night time version of Vineta K with the lights on in the buildings and the underwater sections would be very dark as the sea would be black in the night, with the underwater lighting being the only illumination there. Just an example.

Egg
22nd April 2005, 06:30 PM
It's a good idea, so long as the "personality" of the track isn't adversely affacted by the altered time of day. Like I said, Chenghou probably wouldn't work.

But I agree, Sol2 would look very pretty at night... :)

Dogg Thang
22nd April 2005, 07:15 PM
Yeah, Seek explained what I meant - a defined time of day thing. You're right, Egg , about the personality of the track and in a way that's one of the reasons it was such a thrill in the original Wipeout - we got to see a new personality in each track. If most people were like me, we spent a lot of time working our way through Venom before Rapier was unlocked. The tracks were ingrained (hmm, is that the right word?) in our minds. So to see them in a different lighting setup in Rapier was like discovering the tracks all over again. The difference it made was amazing (or was I the only one who loved the change?).

Some of the tracks that may have risked losing personality (like Arridos, Korrodera, Silverstream) didn't have the lighting changed that much, but enough to make the track feel new. Others, with more extreme changes, gave the track a whole new personality, like Altima. Racing Altima in Rapier was just fantastic and then it was a thrill again going back to it in Venom.

But, yeah, I understand it's a lot of work for a cosmetic change. I initially thought it might be a change of the background map and then a lighting change but of course you're right about things like the lights in the buildings things like that - they would most likely need to be completely retextured which would obviously be a big job.

Maybe next time, eh? :wink:

Purist
23rd April 2005, 12:14 PM
Been some excellent points made here but was was wondering if anyone knew if there was a definite figure on the number of downloadables yet? Is there gonna be 4 or 6 or even more? furthermore, what might the extras include... further skins? music?

Cause if there's four and absolutely no more... :cry:

Gimme a reason til fill my 1gig'er :D

Egg
23rd April 2005, 01:54 PM
Nino's already reveled this to GamesRadar:

"Of the 12 new tracks, four will be full environments that were possible contenders for the main game, but were eventually earmarked for download. Another four will be tracks taken from the previous games and given a Pure makeover, while the remaining courses will be a mixture of more minimal, abstract affairs."

Purist
23rd April 2005, 08:12 PM
Wow, thanx Egg and if you can answer... further music or skins?

Sven
23rd April 2005, 10:14 PM
Any chance we could get those unused Fusion tracks, what were they called, the challenge affairs? What will go on after the first 12? Will it be possible for normal people to make their own tracks?

Egg
24th April 2005, 01:15 PM
New skins and ships, yes. As for music, or anything else . . . can't say. Mainly cos I don't know myself !

eLhabib
24th April 2005, 03:00 PM
EG.r? Please?

infoxicated
24th April 2005, 05:38 PM
He knows, he knows.

I've been bending his ear about the EG.R for a while now, but then it was January when I pestered him about creating the NX1000 and that never happened. Maybe calling him Smegg doesn't exactly get you into his good books! ;)

Lance
24th April 2005, 05:50 PM
LOL

Egg
24th April 2005, 05:59 PM
:lol:

Maybe I already designed the NX1000 and just never told anyone !

Sausehuhn
24th April 2005, 06:06 PM
yeah, maybe ;)

No, really:
I read there will be downloadable content for free only for the first 6 month, so this could mean the contents after that aren't free and it would also confirm, that there will be downloadable content after this time as well!!

So, is it planned to make contents also after the 1st 6 month?

infoxicated
24th April 2005, 07:08 PM
If you're going to ask for a comment from someone, at least provide a link to where you read the above, or state your source if it was in the press. You can pretty much guarantee that anything written that's going on about time scales and future charges is just speculation and nothing more.

Colin Berry
25th April 2005, 09:20 AM
yeah, maybe ;)

No, really:
I read there will be downloadable content for free only for the first 6 month, so this could mean the contents after that aren't free and it would also confirm, that there will be downloadable content after this time as well!!

So, is it planned to make contents also after the 1st 6 month?

"Free ONLY for 6 months", wow how cruel !!! :?

As that hasnt come from an official source I'd say take it with a pinch of salt

Currently all we can do is point you to the comments from Nino at gamesradar as this to my knowledge is the only official word we've released. . .

http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?subsectionid=1591&articleid=35162&pagetypeid=2

Dogg Thang
25th April 2005, 09:31 AM
Well that article backs up exactly what Sausehuhn wrote. Colin you may have missed his emphasis - seemed to me that he was excited that there could be more content after 6 months and that was what he was saying with his post.

Of course month 1 is over and the US has had no downloadable content and no mention of when it might get released so who knows what we'll get in that period.

I have no problem at all paying for additional content although there is always the issue of holding back content that should have been in the game in the first place back for extra cash. That has been an issue from the first days of add-ons.

Purist
25th April 2005, 09:34 AM
From what I read... they'll be 6 months worth of downloads and that's ya lot, after all, some room needs to be left for a sequel right? - not that I wouldn't enjoy lifetime uploads! :D

still on 142 on my JAP copy, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr damn that Phantom/Citta Nuova and Staten Park Time Trials :evil:

Shem
25th April 2005, 11:57 AM
:lol:

Maybe I already designed the NX1000 and just never told anyone !

Don't you f*&k with us! We've got razor sharp chainsaws!! :wink:

Sausehuhn
25th April 2005, 01:55 PM
Colin, I think you misunderstood.
I didn't want to criticize the 6 months free download; I think it's a wonderful thing to have additions to the game for free the 1st six month , I really like it and I'm hapy about that.

I have no problem, that it is "just" (warning: I took these quotations because it's irony) free for the 1st six months, I also would pay for it. I just wanted to say, that these news could mean, that there could be downloadable content after the six months as well, but for money.

So does anybody know, if there will be content also after the these months?

Colin Berry
25th April 2005, 03:47 PM
Colin, I think you misunderstood.
I didn't want to criticize the 6 months free download; I think it's a wonderful thing to have additions to the game for free the 1st six month , I really like it and I'm hapy about that.

I have no problem, that it is "just" (warning: I took these quotations because it's irony) free for the 1st six months, I also would pay for it. I just wanted to say, that these news could mean, that there could be downloadable content after the six months as well, but for money.

So does anybody know, if there will be content also after the these months?

aaah fair enough

I apologise for reading it wrong, my bad :(

I would guess further content would depend upon the success of the initial batch.

eLhabib
25th April 2005, 04:29 PM
uhm, four letters: H U G E

Lance
25th April 2005, 04:33 PM
it appears to be a success already. :D

eLhabib
25th April 2005, 04:35 PM
duh :D
I meant it will be... c'mon, there really is no way to get this wrong is there? :roll:

Lance
25th April 2005, 04:41 PM
i was responding to Colin with that remark.

the downloadable content seems to be eminently good and well-received. as you say, how can it not be a success? the whole project has exceeded our expectations as to content and pretty much equalled our extremely high hopes for quality

eLhabib
25th April 2005, 04:57 PM
true

eLhabib
26th April 2005, 10:31 AM
Okay, so it has been confirmed today that the PSP won't be released in Euroland before the 1st of September ( 8O ). So glad I imported, btw... 8)
Now, what does that mean for the US version's downloadable content? I have read on several sources that SL wanted to wait for the euro release of purE, which they thought was gonna be June, to release the DLs, in order to not have everything out for the US version already when the euro version launches. BUT, what now? You gonna wait 'till September with the DLs?! I hope not!!
Please, Egg, Colin or any other SL-dude, have a word on this!

Colin Berry
26th April 2005, 10:49 AM
The timing of the download packs for Japan and America is down to Sony Japan and Sony America. Nothing to do with the dev team.

I believe the first america pack MAY be 'imminent' :)

Concept
26th April 2005, 11:14 AM
Excellent. Let's hope SCEA aren't arses about it.

lunar
26th April 2005, 12:05 PM
Even though I have a PSP and Pure, personally I`m in no rush for the downloads. I think they should wait until the euro release, at least with most of the downloads, so everyone in the world gets the new stuff at the same time. That sounds more exciting and cuts down on the "spoiler" factor for europeans.

Dogg Thang
26th April 2005, 12:38 PM
Well that's already been scuppered by the japanese release of content.

eLhabib
26th April 2005, 12:57 PM
The timing of the download packs for Japan and America is down to Sony Japan and Sony America. Nothing to do with the dev team.

means they are completed already?!

Lion
26th April 2005, 03:13 PM
Okay, so it has been confirmed today that the PSP won't be released in Euroland before the 1st of September ( 8O ). So glad I imported, btw... 8)jebus! that sure doesn't bode well for oceania, we haven't even got a pencilled release date
glad I've placed an order too *twiddles thumbs and waits*

Dogg Thang
26th April 2005, 03:16 PM
Well I think it was announced for Australia too for Sept 1st at AU $429.95 so I would assume NZ will get a release on the same day although I don't know what price.

Lion
26th April 2005, 03:20 PM
actually I just had a quick google and the results I found said anywhere from same as europe to "late december"
[edit]correction, just found this official page (http://www.yourpsp.co.nz/psp.html) which has a pdf press release on it stating sept 1st and a NZ$469.65 pricetag (AU$429.95)
makes me glad I ordered it from dvdboxoffice (http://www.dvdboxoffice.com) for $388 :) with any luck I'll only have a short time left to wait for it too, rather than the extra 4 months everyone else has to wait

Colin Berry
26th April 2005, 03:42 PM

means they are completed already?!

It means they decide when they come out :)

we are finishing the final little bits but a lot of it is finished, though it probably needs a little testing their side, they have their download strategy so to speak.

Japan insisted on having the first pack ready for launch. US stuff is coming very soon

Dogg Thang
26th April 2005, 03:54 PM
Colin, you may not be able to answer this for many reasons but I thought I'd ask anyway - will there be a way to customise our own games at some point? In simple ways I mean, like making our own skins or having our own personal billboards?

Mogaar
26th April 2005, 03:58 PM
I believe the first america pack MAY be 'imminent' :)

Wow, that was both a good hint and an incredibly painful pun... :lol:

Chill
26th April 2005, 05:24 PM
Ya, I thought the same as you, mogaar. :wink:

...along with dog thang, mabye design our own tracks on future generation game machines? 8O

Dogg Thang
26th April 2005, 05:34 PM
Actually I should clarify that I meant as an add-on feature to Pure rather than future games. :)

def
2nd May 2005, 02:15 PM
japanese pure website updated heres my tl

download schedule
gamma pack 1 - download now
gamma pack 2 - available may 15
delta pack1 - available june
delta pack2 - available july
classic pack1 - available august
classic pack2 - available september
classic pack3 - not yet decided
classic pack4 - not yet decided

Sausehuhn
2nd May 2005, 02:30 PM
Thanks for that. Sounds good! :)

The only thing I need now is a PSP and Pure :dizzy

Space Cowboy
2nd May 2005, 02:59 PM
My guess is the 'Classic' Packs will contain tracks from the original soundtracks :) ' Messij' & 'Expander' maybe?, to name but two. :)

Seek100
2nd May 2005, 03:54 PM
As has already been said it's so unlikely that we'll get music from the older games it's not even worth considering, you've gotta remember most of it was licensed, and as such they'd have to go to the original artists and get their permission all over again.

Except for the CoLD SToRAGE stuff, I dunno about that as it was done in-house, I suppose they could put Messij, though Messij Received or Messij XTND were both much better than the original. IMO Kinkong and Hakapik Murder (which sounds to me very much like a remix of Canada - not sure if it is) are both much more deserving of being heard again, or for the first time for a lot of people.

Space Cowboy
2nd May 2005, 05:04 PM
In one of the developer blogs it actually says that music from the older games will be made available. This link is on this forum somewhere, do a search for it :)

Seek100
2nd May 2005, 07:33 PM
As was said in the thread discussing this very point the licensing costs would make including music from previous games prohibitively expensive and really a waste of time on Sony's part as only a few fans who actually really want the songs would appreciate it. As I said in my last post CoLD SToRAGE tracks would be the only exception to this as they were done in-house at the time.

Chill
2nd May 2005, 08:13 PM
Actually I should clarify that I meant as an add-on feature to Pure rather than future games. :)
Even if so, I'm talking about your own track designs, and mabye even craft designs, along with following you with the question of new skins and personal billboards for Pure. :wink:

Space Cowboy
2nd May 2005, 09:07 PM
Cold Storage tracks are classified as music from previous games, are they not? Licensed music was not mentioned in my posts. :D

Seek100
2nd May 2005, 10:53 PM
You mentioned Expander, which IIRC was from w3o though I forget the artist who did it, was Sasha wasn't it? In any case that couldn't be used without getting license rights again.

TMoney
3rd May 2005, 01:32 AM
Sasha - Xpander

Dogg Thang
3rd May 2005, 05:54 PM
Gamma Pack 2 available april 15? Wouldn't that mean it was out already?

Purist
3rd May 2005, 09:08 PM
Something tells me he MAY have gotten that wrong! :wink: