PDA

View Full Version : No weapons option?

DJmizuta
30th March 2005, 03:31 PM
What happened to the "No weapons" option? I miss just racing against the CPU...although I still believe the A.I. sucks... :(

So i'm just concerntrating on zone modes for the time being...oh I'm also busy trying to set-up my wireless router so I can play against other plays instead of the crappy A.I.

I just wanna race... :evil:

End of transmission...

Task
30th March 2005, 05:16 PM
You want to race with no weapons against a worthy opponent?

What you're looking for is called "Time Trial" and is definitely in the game.

Axel
30th March 2005, 05:39 PM
Na not really Task, I have also enjoyed just racing against apponents without weapons. Just pure speed and nothing else. Time trials is on your own.

Sausehuhn
30th March 2005, 05:47 PM
Are the opponents good? I mean, is it hard to get the first position? I would love that! Hate it in Fusion. You're the first after one lap. And after the 3th one you overlap* the last postions. Where is the challenge?!
I hope they changed that in Pure and it's also not totally easy to get the 1st postion when you're playing the game for a long time!

*greets to G'Kyl

Hybrid Divide
30th March 2005, 06:00 PM
Easy in Pure?

Easy this game is not!

I was trying all night to win gold in Flash on Modesto Heights.

I love it, the computer is as ruthless as I am.
And yet, for once, it feels like the computer is playing with the same rules as I am. Makes me feel like I'm playing against humans.

They'll see me in a corner, and fire a rocket at me only to slam into me a moment later, sending both of us into the wall.

Props to Studio Liverpool for seriously ramping up the AI in WipEout. :D

Sausehuhn
30th March 2005, 06:04 PM
:D wonderful!!!

I LOVE THAT!

Do they also make these 360° rolls and sliding around corners? :P

Task
30th March 2005, 08:12 PM
Na not really Task, ... Time trials is on your own.

No, Time Trial isn't "on your own", it's "against yourself". An important difference.

You are your most worthy opponent.

Or am I getting too Zen for you? 8 )

Dimension
30th March 2005, 08:15 PM
No, correction task, Arnaud is your most worthy opponent, racing against your own times is one thing, but racing against his is something else :wink:

eLhabib
30th March 2005, 10:00 PM
ouh, that's gotta hurt :wink:

DJmizuta
30th March 2005, 10:09 PM
I just miss plain racing against the computer with no weapons just a straight race. Wipeout on the PS1 and Wipeout 2097 (XL) and I love playing those games with out weapons, I don't understand why they pulled the option.

DO U guys know there were 2 versions of Wipeout released in the UK. :D

zargz
31st March 2005, 12:03 AM
do you mean wo3 and wo3SpecialEdition??!
What happened to the "No weapons" option? I miss just racing against the CPU.. I hope it's there for multiplayer! it's Awsome > just finished a session with stin on se! :twisted:
we did race with weapon as well - it's fun too but no weapons gives you the feel of 'real' racing
with all the contact between cars of the stock car series from around the world!
a cool thing is @rapier pressing your opponent in the wall and see him desapere in a hundred of a sec! 8)
at that speed a slight crash loses you a Lot of time/distance!
yesterday btw I saw a nascar, V8supercars(ozzy stock cars) and UK Superbikes at (@Brands Hatch) races! 8O wow!

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

Axel
31st March 2005, 01:12 AM
No, Time Trial isn't "on your own", it's "against yourself". An important difference.

Na you lost the plot mate, the actual feel of racing with just pure driving skill is just as fun as playing it with weapons enabled. This time, you have to watch your energy as there are no pit lanes or weapons to re-energize your shields. That would have been fun.

DJmizuta
31st March 2005, 12:30 PM
No I'm talking about wipeout and 2097, I know what I'm talking about because I was lead tester on both of them plus I was 1 of a every few people (Me and Nick) to actually finish wipeout (version 1).

I just think pure racing is so much more than blowing the crap out of everything racing.