PDA

View Full Version : Under the hood of w3o

phase 2
29th March 2005, 01:37 AM
If any of you have read my wich is better post on wo2 and 3
you should already know that I have just purchased A copy of wipe out 3 fore th playstation one. I am from the U.S. and have a few questions about the game. In the menu screen of the game the black letter font is really small squinty and hard to read. there are no graphics in the menu or load upscreens just a solid grey bacground. Also inside the instruction manual the letters are printed in A hard to see lite blue text. I am currently running w.o 3 on my ps2 this should not be a problem seeing that I run the original w.o game and w.o xl fore the ps1 on my ps2. So my question is, Is every w3o game like this? Is my disk defective? Is my game fore an overseas system? Or is it simply just made this way. If it is I dont care either way seeing that I whould play pittfall fore the Atari 2600 anyday over some stupid game based on hype and shock value
probibly with some big busted babe on the cover just fore sales reasons. If anyone chould answer my question I whould appriciat it thank you.

Lance
29th March 2005, 01:48 AM
yes, the W3O menus and manual were designed to be that way. i am always willing to give credit where credit is due: the graphic designs were by Designer's Republic

Seek100
29th March 2005, 03:01 AM
I must say I've never run into a big-busted babe on any wipEout cover I own, must be the lame yankee box-art most games they make the box-art much more simplistic compared to Euro/Jap versions, I dunno why.

Yes tDR did the menus and chose that illegible font, this was during their 'up-there-arses-from-all-the-praise' stage, they could have at least given us the option of a readable font ingame. :roll:

mid
29th March 2005, 11:12 AM
How are you connecting your Playstation to the TV, Seek? I'm using an RGB Scart, and I find the small text perfectly readable. But then, I really liked the "stuck up their arses" DR phase.

Seek100
29th March 2005, 12:29 PM
scart into a 28" flatscreen (a present for a past birthday I couldn't ever afford such a TV) the text isn't unreadable from a blurred screen, it's because they chose a font that isn't very easy to read.

I've got the font (or a very close approximation) off of this site and in word it still requires me to think about what the words say, WO1 and 2097 had the same curved font with the stars to indicate which way up some letters go, that was so clear you could identify it a mile off.

phase 2
29th March 2005, 07:02 PM
Can anyone fill me in on what the whole stuck up your arses thing was all about?
8O :x

Lance
29th March 2005, 08:13 PM
they're talking about when the Designer's Republic, a graphics design studio, thought that they were such hot stuff that they could do no wrong, which of course is an attitude that makes it highly likely that you will do something wrong and look really really stupid for letting your ego get the best of your good sense