PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Sam Jericho

lunar
27th March 2005, 04:24 PM
Sam - can you re-check your time for 2097, Talons Reach, Phantom TT. You`ve entered a time over a second ahead of Arnaud Senand, which I guess is possible. But....

Can you check you are entering your time on the correct version of the game (are you playing XL for NTSC, the version of "Wipeout 2" which most Americans play, or 2097 for PAL systems?), and that you are playing on a PS1/PS2 and not a PC.

If you haven`t made any mistake, you at least owe us a walkthrough of how you got that time.

thanks 8)

Lance
27th March 2005, 04:41 PM
sam jericho/Konem, your fastest laptime is listed at 24.7 seconds; even 5 laps of your best time would be 2 minutes and 3.5 seconds for the racetime, nowhere near the 1:14.2 that you entered. surely you have made a mistake in the entry. if your best lap were 14.7 seconds, that would more likely produce the racetime listed

Konem
28th March 2005, 02:34 PM
I go check it.

I sat down yesterday and wrote down all the records I found in the tables. took a little :dizzy
the records are all old, cause I played wo long time ago. an play it sometimes in holidays.
is there no fusion record thingy?

played wo 2097 on psone. so it is PAL.

wo|r

checked it, must be 2:14.2 :oops:

such times as arnauds are galactical 8O . It would take me 24 hours and lots of red bulls to beat it. but it is boring to do the same track over and over again. I try three times and thats it - next track. and arcade is more thrilling (first...later you're alone on the track :twisted: )

Sausehuhn
28th March 2005, 04:13 PM
Yeah, but single race can be boring as well. When you're flying and at the 1st position after the first or second lap of 5 laps, you often think "Where's the fun?" .
But it's funny when the last ship is behind you and you're still the 1st :lol:
There's a word for it, don't know it in english now, in german it's "überrunden" Konem will know what I mean (and G'Kly and the other german users as well).
In Fusion this thing is normal, but in the older games it isn't.

Konem
28th March 2005, 04:31 PM
overround? pass over? outstrip? anyway, thats the worst point in WO. I want a fight an inch away from the finish line :banzai .

G'Kyl
28th March 2005, 06:37 PM
The word you are looking for is to overlap. :)

Well, keep in mind that the casual player might not welcome a game that's just difficult enough so a hardcore player can barely complete it. And even here on the WOZ there are people who have yet to complete all the races and/or challenges in all the Wipeouts they possess.

Ben

Thruster2097
28th March 2005, 08:41 PM
I have still not completed wipeout 1 on the PSX, silverstream is too tough!

and the word is actually lap, but it's close enough.

"the lead driver is about to lap the backmarkers"
"the lead driver is lapping the backmarkers"
"the lead driver has lapped the backmarkers"

Lance
28th March 2005, 08:47 PM
''the lead driver has just lapped the backmarkers, but they have blasted him with missiles, thus destroying his expected new race record.''

Thruster2097
28th March 2005, 08:50 PM
"adopts amiga1200 voice"
quotatio.......ahem...player eliminated!

:lol:

Mano
28th March 2005, 10:09 PM
...later you're alone on the track :twisted: )

i see you posted times with piranha, in that ship you are never alone, the speed is too much for the other ships to battle it, if flown properly, the pirahna will be lapping ships easily on the first laps in phantom speeds and you will be alone on a section of the track for a very brief period ;)

And when you are looking for recordtimes in Single Race mode the backmarkers can be a pest, like Lance said, you must look at ship patterns so you vary your race line accordingly

zargz
28th March 2005, 10:17 PM
anyway, thats the worst point in WO. I want a fight an inch away from the finish line :banzai .oh yeah? then if you got wo3 (Not SE) try the last prototype track (nr 4)! ;)

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

lunar
28th March 2005, 11:18 PM
such times as arnauds are galactical 8O . It would take me 24 hours and lots of red bulls to beat it.

it would take you a lot longer than that, I promise. I used to hate TT aswell, but once you get to realise that there is no AI challenge you might as well fly TT. Get physical with a negcon and aim to beat someone on TR Phantom or Rapier TT, 2097. Or get a dexdrive and race TT ghosts on WO3 - its great stuff. :D

G'Kyl
29th March 2005, 11:53 AM
I read and heard English people say "overlapped" a lot. Is it wrong then? I know "lap" is in the dictionary, but then I figured as long as people use the other one quite frequently...

infoxicated
29th March 2005, 11:57 AM
The term in english is lapped, as in "I suck so bad at this track, I've been lapped by the leader."

Konem
29th March 2005, 12:02 PM
24 hours per track should suffice. not to beat it maybe, but to reach the heavenly regions up there.
I played yesterday (my timezone :wink: ) after a long time and was a little suprised. It seems to be like riding a bicycle - you don't unlearn it. I broke (the german guys know what I mean, if 'breaking a record' is false english) some old records. not the best times either, but surprising.
well I think WO has me back these holidays.

apropos lapping: michael schumacher :wink:

Seek100
29th March 2005, 12:37 PM
No it's fine: 'broke an old record' is perfect English.

Thruster2097: are you talking about Silverstream on Venom or Rapier? If it's rapier I can understand you perfectly, I still haven't been able to unlock Firestar, refuse to use the cheat to get it though.

Oh and wouldn't the proper future tense be 'will lap' rather than 'about to lap' as 'to lap' is the basic verb form?