PDA

View Full Version : No analog possible on wo2097?

wipeoud
26th March 2005, 11:39 AM
Yesterday my wo2097 arived finally, but when i started to play each time when i activate the analog button on my ps2 pad to use the little joystick. The games goes to the menu selection. Only when i deativate analog the game conitnues.
I thought that when 2097 came out, analog already existed?
Did i made a mistake here? or is does 2097 only support the d-pad. I tried a few rounds with it, but when you are used to analog its terrible. I hit the wall 100 times and was last :lol:

Seek100
26th March 2005, 11:43 AM
Analog does not work for 2097 and thank god for that. The d-pad is a much better control system in both w3o and Fusion, don't worry after a few games you'll pick it up like you've never held an analog stick in your life. Just remember to make lots of small taps on the direction rather than holding it, that's probably why you kept on hitting the walls as the d-pad is either no lock or full lock but on the faster classes such knee-jerk reaction is actually helpful

wipeoud
26th March 2005, 11:51 AM
Ok thanks for the small taps tip. I will try it again :D

Mano
26th March 2005, 01:13 PM
try to get a NegCon controller, made by Namco, its analog, and Wipeout XL / 2097 supports it.

not as easy to find as your regular controller, but a few searches through Ebay should yield some results.

if you want more information on the subject i strongly suggest you search the forums, most of the information newcomers look for is already answered, in doing so you will not only find your answer not having to wait for a reply, but you will also leave the space/attention/time for new topics.

And while you are at it, read the forum rules and guidelines.

btw, Welcome to the forums ;)

*Seek100: how can you say thank god for 2097 not having analog stick support?, hehe, it would be another option, maybe someone adjusts to it better, maybe not, but it would be an option to try out, like on Wo3; what you say is like thinking we should take out superships from games!, no wAY!! ;)

Seek100
26th March 2005, 07:04 PM
Sorry Mano, but I tried the stick in Fusion when it came out and I think I've already ranted about Fusion enough for one lifetime, when I got w3o I tried again with the proper w'o" handling and found the ships uncontrollable; the stick is mounted too high for my comfort and is too loosely sprung for the quick reactions demanded by wo in my opinion.

I prefer the d-pad as it delivers full lock with almost no movement of my hand. I understand similar is possible with the neGcon by making it super-sensitive with full-lock set at only a couple of degrees. Should I ever acquire a neGcon I'll switch straight to it but I really dislike the Sony analog stick for pretty much any driving game as it needs a very fine hand, and my hand is too bloody small for it I guess.

Oh and I forgot last time: welcome to the forums wipeoud. :D

Mano
26th March 2005, 07:08 PM
I strongly suggest you get the negcon Seek100, not only because it improves your times, but mostly because the game is way better overall with it, much more fun to play than with regular pads, more immersive.

A truly must have.

jospicy
26th March 2005, 07:17 PM
if your looking for a negcon:

two new negcons available on buy now for £4.50 each incl p&p:

http://search.ebay.co.uk/negcon_W0QQfkrZ1QQfltZ9

Rapier Racer
26th March 2005, 07:28 PM
I used the analogue stick for Fusion, found it made for some real nice smooth cornering, I tried it on WO 3 the other day and never again, by the way are there any other PS2 games apart form Fusion that support the NeGcon, or at least in Fusions case claim to

Mano
26th March 2005, 11:31 PM
mostly steering wheel games on negcon mode (racing/driving ones), like ridge racer 5