PDA

View Full Version : Familiar subject: Bug at post-race-screen.

G'Kyl
25th March 2005, 11:29 AM
Well, here it is, again, why I wouldn't want to be beta tester for video games. They simply aren't fun as long as they don't work properly.

I have tried five times now to complete Super Combe Challenge 2, and every time I get the medal after the race (bronze, silver or gold doesn't matter) and the voice said "X medal awarded", I get stuck there. I can press any button for how long I want to, nothing happens. The game still continues to run, it just doesn't let me do anything from there.
I also realized that at the medal screen tha game runs usually a lot slower than normal. Not in the sense that the speed is being slowed down for whatever reason - it looks more like the turning medal sign is too much for the N64 hardware to handle. After the race where I can't continue, though, the game is even slower, maybe only half as fast as usual. Maybe it's got something to do with that? Have I got an older console, one that cannot handle more recent games?!... :(
This is certainly the worst bug I ever discovered in a Wipeout game. Has any of the other WO64 players discovered that problem and found a way around it? Please say yes! ;]

Ben

[edited several spelling mistakes that had crippled the first sentence]

zargz
25th March 2005, 12:33 PM
yeh! as far as I remember i just let it be for 30-40 min then it let you go by .. :|

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

G'Kyl
25th March 2005, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the hint. It does indeed work like this: Press the button several times, then leave the console, come back and the game will most probably have recognized the input by then. *sighs* ;]

Ben

zargz
26th March 2005, 01:51 AM
:D hehe! Glad i could help > wasn't sure if i remembered right 8)

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

phoenixx
19th June 2005, 01:22 PM
I had the same problems. But after 1 or 2 minutes I could go on. I never lost a medal by this strange bug. But my wo 64 sometimes froze completely within the race.