Here is the US PurE website:
http://www.us.playstation.com/Content/OGS/UCUS-98612/Site/

Looking good.

Concept
24th March 2005, 09:55 PM
Indeed. Lovely stuff. :)

Concept
24th March 2005, 10:00 PM
Hey, they've got high quality songs from the game playing in the background of that site.

Great. :D

Makes me want the game even more.

lunar
24th March 2005, 10:01 PM
yes - very very lovely. and the ships look beautiful. I`m off there now to take a longer look. 8)

I`ll browse it with the sound off though. I really don`t want to spoil the newness of the game if I ever get it.

zargz
24th March 2005, 10:21 PM
looking at the screenshots > surroundings look amazing! 8O

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

Concept
24th March 2005, 10:26 PM
lunar - it's alright. There's only four (admittedly excellent) songs from an 18-strong soundtrack.

Axel
24th March 2005, 10:43 PM
lovely site, can't wait to read all the juicy details!!! Can someone tell me when is the PSP going to be released in Europe please?

Hybrid Divide
24th March 2005, 10:47 PM
Whoever made that website needs to know that Assegai's profile is missing.

Their story is under Piranah's though.

Good site though

Cammodude
25th March 2005, 01:12 AM
The site needs a little tweaking, I like it! I'm just now looking at some the team descriptions.

I noticed a historical error in the Pirhana summery though. First, the F5000 league was established during the 2090s. Not the 2160s. The first pirhana craft also had weapons. It wasn't until the F7200 league did they attempt to win hearts and minds with their bullsh*t peace and zen approach to AG-racing which they abandoned by the time the F9000 league came around.

I had also hoped for multiple views of all the craft kind of like what we got on the Wipeout Fusion website. No such luck on that one I guess. :(

Also, what the heck is with the Assegai description that is under the pirhana one? o_O

eLhabib
25th March 2005, 01:23 AM
how come that assegai is missing totally from this site?

Seek100
25th March 2005, 02:15 AM
I noticed a historical error in the Pirhana summery though. First, the F5000 league was established during the 2090s. Not the 2160s. The first pirhana craft also had weapons. It wasn't until the F7200 league did they attempt to win hearts and minds with their bullsh*t peace and zen approach to AG-racing which they abandoned by the time the F9000 league came around.

Actually, you might wanna go play those games again, yes there is a typo and it should have been 2060 not 2160 (I'd have picked a later date in the 2080s or early 2090s myself) but in the F5000 league Piranha didn't use weapons at all, this wasn't peace and zen crap it was just cause the ship really didn't need any (arrogance from the engineers) by the F7200 league they have weapons but at great cost. They completely lost the ability to spell, they couldn't even remember their own team name. :lol: By the F9000 league they were now talking peace and zen crap, or at least their lead pilot was and the second was interested in it.

Also, what the heck is with the Assegai description that is under the pirhana one? o_O

Er, I think they included bits of Assegai's history in the Piranha section because Piranha acquired them for a while so it was quasi-relevant to the Piranha history. Of course they really need to add a dedicated Assegai page, and replace all those 'z's with speech marks and hyphens.

I had also hoped for multiple views of all the craft kind of like what we got on the Wipeout Fusion website. No such luck on that one I guess.

Probably not what you're interested in but I'm currently making some vaguely acurate orthographic drawings/blueprints of older WO craft, starting with the 2097 FEISAR and the w'o"1 craft as they're all roughly the same. Very tough as the CGIs conflict with the low poly ingame models quite drastically and all the pictures available are from odd angles which makes recreating the ships' proportions rather difficult.

Cammodude
25th March 2005, 04:34 AM
in the F5000 league Piranha didn't use weapons at all..

You're sure about that? I could have sworn I fired off a few missles and the like with Pirhana in Wipeout 64 (which, as I understand it, is simply 2097 for the N64 system.) But then that could have been a change made spacifically for Wipeout 64. Either that or I am delusional and should play the games again. If it's the latter, playing the games again, sadly, is something I can't do right at the moment since I'm lacking in any kind of game console. Although I bet I could easily pick up a Playstation 1 for dirt cheap nowadays if I wanted to play the first three wipeout games.

they really need to add a dedicated Assegai page, and replace all those 'z's with speech marks and hyphens.

Absolutely. Those 'z' things really screwed with me while I was reading the descriptions.

Probably not what you're interested in but I'm currently making some vaguely acurate orthographic drawings/blueprints of older WO craft..

Aha. To the contrary, I'd be VERY interested in seeing them since I have absolutely jack squat in the way of reference pictures for the craft from Wipeout 1 and 2097. I'm a bit of a LEGO geek, and I sometimes dabble in making wipeout models from LEGO. I'd love to model some of the early craft, but, as I have just stated, I don't have any reference pictures or schematics to go on. Nor do I have the games themselves that would allow me to get my references straight from them.

edit by Lance: i've reduced the quote to the parts needed. your splitting of the quotation of an immediately previous post does not change the fact that the entire post was quoted. quote only the parts of a post that you are actually replying to; do not quote an enTIRE immediately previous post. preferably do not quote such a post at all. WARNING: next time i will delete the offending quoting post itself, not merely edit it. this quoting issue has been commented on many many times in the past three weeks. everyone who reads the forums at all should have noticed by this time. this warning applies to everyone, even me, in the now highly unlikely event that i should do such a thing.

G'Kyl
25th March 2005, 06:22 AM
Wipeout 64 Piranha (Piranha II) can fire weapons, yes. It IS the F5000 league, but from 2098, not 2097. According to the manual, the Piranha team built a lighter body tech for the 2098 season, which enabled them to add weapons to their ships.

Ben

Lance
25th March 2005, 06:39 AM
Cammodude, be sure to read your now edited post 2 posts up from this one, and especially my comments at the end. those comments apply to everyone, not just you; i am not picking on you specifically

Sausehuhn
25th March 2005, 10:37 AM
I
this
site

I want it.
Now! 8O

@ Fox
hehe, the Qirex text is the biggest :D

G'Kyl
25th March 2005, 10:48 AM
I have to say, I like the Japanese site a lot more. It has more style in itself, whereas the US site is more like an unpolished listing of features, screens and information. I was wondering, though. Why would they bring it online only after the release of the game? Maybe Pure they have so much fate in Pure that they don't even care about publicity. ;)

Ben

Sausehuhn
25th March 2005, 11:17 AM
I'm missing one track and of course the Assegai :?

infoxicated
25th March 2005, 11:24 AM
In a word. ****.

They've gone and used the non-web copy in that Piranha description. I had no idea that they had been given those documents, as they are an early draft and haven't been checked against the timeline like the final web copy. A lot of the stuff you'll read on that site is inaccurate, folks. :(

Space Cowboy
25th March 2005, 11:31 AM
Oh dear, that will be embarassing for the for the net team.

Sausehuhn
25th March 2005, 11:36 AM
Will they change that? Colin?

G'Kyl
25th March 2005, 11:42 AM
I don#t think Colin has much to do with the website, Max. Hopefully, the site designers change that, though. It's a rather silly mistake that. ;)

ben

infoxicated
25th March 2005, 11:44 AM
Probably not now it's gone live, but I'll ask on Tuesday when I'm back in.

It's very annoying, actually - the date typo in the Piranha story was my fault, but then a lot of that stuff was written last November as an over view and only a brief summary of each story is meant to be used for the web. This is the actual web version of the Piranha story:

From the day Piranha Advancements’ unarmed prototype rocked the F5000 league in the late 2090’s, their consistently strong performance has been the envy of almost every other team. Their trademark sleek, fast craft have remained competitive through each evolution of anti-gravity racing and, in the hands of the right pilot, have dominated the opposition. Always mysterious, Piranha is back for the FX300 league with a ship secretly developed over an unknown time period in anticipation of the return of professional AG racing.
See - no typo mistakes in there. ;)

Looks like they copied and pasted the content straight from the original word documents, due to all the weird characters that are showing up for apostrophies and hyphens. That just shows lack of attention to detail for me - rich I know since the copy with the typo is originally mine - a read through of that by someone who gave a damn would have picked those mistakes up.

Cammodude
25th March 2005, 11:50 AM
Cammodude, be sure to read your now edited post 2 posts up from this one, and especially my comments at the end. those comments apply to everyone, not just you; i am not picking on you specifically

That's cool. I don't post here often (As indicated by my post count and join date.) so sometimes a random rule like that just slips under my radar/memory. My mistake. 8)

Shem
25th March 2005, 03:50 PM
Well, Infox, i was hoping for some more of the actual story of Pirahna A., heh, ironicly the US website version makes me much more satisfied than this (either it's accurate or not). So, once you fix that problem, will the european site free of typos and some unaccurate info? Infox, for our european sake - please, make everyone make everything on 'our' site working tip-top, okay? :wink: (is reffering to Wipeout's place of birth a good motivation?)

Lance
25th March 2005, 06:25 PM
Liverpool is part of Europe, now? uhoh, that cAn't be good. ;) :D

Chill
26th March 2005, 12:52 AM
That site kix ars!!!!!! So far, I love the music and everything, man, I wish I had it right now!!!!!!!! :x 8)

silaris
26th March 2005, 02:45 AM
I'm aware there are some problems with the stories as infoxicated has mentioned, but if you need to relieve the stress of reading the stories off the site, just copy and paste the stories into a word program or so, helps a lot.

judus
26th March 2005, 08:09 AM
Talking of copying, if you guys love the music so much( i did), go to the temporary internet files folder once the songs have been played or forwarded and find it. copy the files to another directory and there you have it. Four mp3s from wipeout pure. But since this breahes copyrights, i'd only do it if i [ahem] owned the game or the soundtrack album.

Prometheus
26th March 2005, 11:19 AM
could someone not make it into a movie file like that was done on the www.wipeoutpure.com website.. somone on these forums turned the intro vid into music, video and animation... even a screen saver...

If that's allowed, i don't see why this can't be...

btw, under XP where are the temp internet files? aint delved in there since my win 98 days :)

Ally Graham
26th March 2005, 04:56 PM
That person was me!

I went too far last time, what I did was possibly illegal, so I don't want to risk it again.

Perhaps this time I should just tell people how to do it and to keep it to themselves, maybe.

Prometheus
27th March 2005, 09:35 AM
it's be great if you could tell us how to do it. I really liked the vid you made last. compressed it a bit and transferred the mp4 to my P900.. watch it on the train every once in a while :)

The weird thing about the copyright is that we're not suppose to have copies of the files stored... yet that's how the internet works... files from the website are copied to the hard drives temp internet files. I did find the mp3s as well as some swf files but I dont have anything to read them.

Anyway Ally, we all do appreciate you sticking your neck out for the last vid. If you have any instructions on how we might do it for this site, that's be cool. cheers

Sausehuhn
27th March 2005, 09:42 AM
when you have the swf files all you need is a swf player. You will find it for free at google. Good luck :)

pseudonym
27th March 2005, 10:03 AM
I couldn't find mp3 files stored, but I did find tracks.xml, which is used by the flash movie. It contains the list of URLs for the mp3's on the server. You're right though, the law which governs internet usage is built on pretty unstable foundations, and relies on the relative naivety of the users. What makes me laugh is when stock photography/similar sites try and protect the images they are presenting on the web... the right click disabled etc.

Prometheus
27th March 2005, 01:36 PM
<Post edited>

Sorry guys, I had no idea it would be treading on dodgy ground.. my understanding of the copyright issues of website material is not so good, so i take it you guys have had experiences in the past relating to this stuff....

anyway, far be it for me to do anything to harm this site... :)

Thruster2097
27th March 2005, 04:00 PM
guys, I dont need to remind you that this is very dodgy, and possibly copywritten ground.

let's try and keep it clean for the sake of the 'zone.

Lance
27th March 2005, 04:10 PM
well, actually they do need to be reminded :)
i am not an expert on legality, or even morality, though i have a bit of a handle on ethics, but i am tempted to delete the instructions. however, Rob should be the final arbiter on this one, since he knows more about the legalities, and he works for Sony [who could be very unhappy in his direction if they choose], and this is his board that he pays for. until he has made a decision about this, i will delete any further instructions on extracting files from the site. even if they are for personal use, once the files are available to anyone, they tend to become distributed to anyone who wants to take them. so hold off on the instructions on how to do it, please

P.S.: as you scroll down the page, please put a blindfold on when you reach Prometheus' instructions, and then after you've scrolled to the next post, take it off again. ;)

Shem
27th March 2005, 04:24 PM
Thrusty, I know that this may be a field to which you may not get close to, but still, i think that these files, once downloaded to my PC, either I wanted them to be downloaded or not, are on MY pc, and if they are there, they are mine to do whatever i want them to do (of course in the boundaries of my own PC, so no reproduction and distribution). This may be dodgy to you, but it's completely legal to me.

Sausehuhn
27th March 2005, 04:37 PM
erm.
don't want to say something wrong or something that could make trouble, but taking the music from the WOF-DVD is also illegal, isn't it?
Erm... and the most people here at the zone did exactly that without saying a word. so... An swf player is nothing illegal and i think the people that get this music don't want them just because they don't want to pay for them and destroy the music industries. They just want to listen to these wonderful tracks!
If there would be a Pure soundtrack (like it was with 2097) I bet these people would buy it, wouldn't they?
:roll:

sorry if I said something wrong, I don't want to fight.

Prometheus
27th March 2005, 04:53 PM
I do have to agree with Shem and Sausehuhn on this. The files are locally stored on the computer, in a high quality format. There are plenty of technologies that allow you to stream this music without the file actually being downloaded to the computer.
What strikes me is they use MP3s of all things... the record industries numero uno enemy.
I still don't see how moving a file which is practcally given to the user, to another location and letting the user play it as many time they want, is illegal. Surely the website shouldn't have made the transfer to the temp internet folder in the format it is in, in the first place as it it is actually "distributing" the track.
As for the swf... I'm not sure, they too are forcibly placed on hard drive (as they have always been with swf files). I've simply moved their location and found something freely available (and legal) to view them with.
As long as no one starts uploading the files and redistributing them, I figured its ok to reformat and edit a file that is placed on your hard drive and to share that instruction with others as much as someone asking someone else how to record from MP3 to Ogg.

Anyway I've removed the instructions as I see it's starting to cause concern that it may harm the site. But if someone could let me know if it is ok to place such instructions on the forums I'll post it again.

Lance
27th March 2005, 04:59 PM
as i understand it, and remember i am not a legal expert, it is the distribution without permission that is illegal, whether you sell the copyrighted materials or give them away.

giving instructions on how to copy a copyrighted file seems really like walking on the edge of a sword over a pit of molten lava, with the sword being the law, and the lava being the judicial system. definitely dodgy.

and Max, an objection was raised by Foxy about the hacking of Fusion's copyrighted music files [and that's the only kind it has]. and to Ally Graham's treatment of copyrighted files from Pure. this sort of thing is borderline illegal. which side or the border it falls on is questionable.

Prometheus, the difference between streaming and having the files on your own computer is like the difference between listening to radio and having the CD. radio stations pay a fee every time they play a copyrighted song. and ''consumers'' are supposed to pay for the songs when they buy the CD. if you take the CD without paying, or keep a permanent file of the material in your computer without having bought a copy of the material from the copyright holder, it's illegal. [my interpretation]

Shem
27th March 2005, 05:01 PM
Sausehuhun, I know you want to avoid fights, getting involved into disscusion about legal stuff, making Lance delete your posts and all that, BUT!!! - there's one thing you need to know about.

Once you buy a game, or a music CD, you can make a backup copy as long as you own the original. Bear in mind that the backup is for your private use, so no distribution, it's yours. You can even eat the CD if you feel like it (but don't share it with your mates, as it may be illegal, as they didn't pay for the game :lol: ), you can extract the music to your PC (the same you can do with Audio CD's, as long as you own the original copy of the Album), but don't distribute. In other words - you bought it - it's yours. End of the story.

As far as the US website concernes, and the fact that XP does download the site content to your PC, plus the fact that the music available on the site is for everyone to hear for free, I see no evil (whaaat? :wink: ) intentions (that's better...) in digging up these files, and watch them/listen to them.

All the statements above are sponsored by <product placement> "IMHO. So you avoid being thrown rotten tomatoes at" </product placement>

Lance
27th March 2005, 05:07 PM
LOL
do not let your friends eat your CD

... or UMD, either. does terrible things to the intestines, it does. yup

Prometheus
27th March 2005, 05:37 PM
hehe
ok just so I can better understand this Paranoia that is copyright laws online,
using Lance's analogy, the mp3 files in question are the "CD" and the streaming of it is like the broadcasting of the "radio".
the thing is that we never "took" the CD. We never even asked for the CD... we wanted to use the "radio" to hear the music and it's as if we got the CD instead. So as long as we store the copy but not play it, we're ok.
Not that I'm arguing, but I just don't see how it makes sense to transfer a copy of a copyrighted file to someone else's property and then deem that person to be doing something illegal when they choose not to delete something which they were given. Like giving someone the CD (sigh... again with the analogy) and expecting them not to play it.

It's just my opinion that if the site decides to transfer the file in the location and format that it has, when there are much more secure options available, then it's the site who is breaking the copright law... they may have paid the copyright to play the track... they defintely don't have the copyright to transfer it to every vistors hard drive.

PS I would definately buy the soundtrack of pure... but 18 songs? surely a double album... oh yeah that would rock! they should include artwork too... I've always found the art work has never really been distributed in printed form. It's just ever been, game, website, and jpeg files. Magazines sometimes have them, but often as background to supplement their writing *runs fingers across the imprinted schematics of the pure ships on the EDGE magazine* :)

Shem
27th March 2005, 05:53 PM
hmmm, that does make perfect sense, if 'radio broadcast' is also considered a streamed transmission of 4 tracks only, without a real broadcast station and other legal papers whatsoever...If adding the fact that only XP stores that kind of files (if it really is true, i'm not familiar with previous Windows OS's) with its standard web browser which is IE, we can all blame Microsoft for developing a system that causes that kind of legal problems. Heh....it's all loose in that matter....i suggest we sue someone.

Prometheus
27th March 2005, 05:54 PM
hehe
I reckon if we really think hard about it, we can blame a lot of things on microsoft ;p

Lance
27th March 2005, 05:59 PM
nobody ever said that laws are always rational, or even always right. it's just a matter of what you can be held responsible for under the laws that prevail at the time.

my biggest problem with copyright law as it has come to be interpreted at the behest of corporations, is that i think that copyright should only belong to the actual individual humans who create something, and that the created things should become public domain after their death or after a specified period [as patents do]. the laws, however, more and more tend to favour corporate private ownership in perpetuity. that seems quite wrong to me. why should anyone have to pay in order to play, for example, an old Paul Whiteman song from the 1920's when Paul Whiteman and most of his band were already dead by the 1960's?
or how about Elvis, if you like that sort of thing: why should you still be able to enforce a copyright on one of his performances, when you already received your payment for recording it 40 years ago?

Prometheus
27th March 2005, 06:15 PM
I agree. Copyrights were designed at a time when those private companies had the monopoly on the distribution of creative content (and the funding) and had to ensure that everything they came into contact with, was legally theirs so that they continue to recieve income on items they distributed many years ago and no longer promote.
But with the advent of computers, the internet and recordable media, I think people are starting to recognise these companies are nothing more than glorified delivery folk. They don't hold the monopoly of distribution because people now have the cheapest form; the internet and recordable storage.
So everything these companies claim to provide to artists can now be done themselves and at a fraction of the cost.

hehe, maybe a few decades down the line, we'll see the original launch titles of the playstation... well...namely just Wipeout, freely available to the public ;p

Shem
27th March 2005, 06:22 PM
heh, odd coincidence, my IE crashed just when I wanted to post something about Microsoft again. Maybe there's a hidden shutdown sequence implemented by Gates (try typing in "Microsoft", "Sue" and "E-Z money" in the 'post reply' window - I did just that, and it worked perfectly).

Lance :
As far as I know (at least in my country), copyrights are initially set on 25 years from the date of release or the date of copyright establishment. Now, from this point, i'm theorizing, as i'm no law student or anything. From this point, copyrights can be set on the next 25 years as long as they give profits to label companies. It would be just too wonderful to get rid of all copyrights when Elvis....as a brand....still makes tons of money. All the big heads owning corporations thought about it long time ago, and now we're just confused by all this commotion. I, myself, as an artist (i don't like to be called this way, but for the purpose of this conversation...), would like to own my copyrights on my songs until i die. After that, all the copyrights would vanish, and the song would be available to everybody for absolutely free. Yeah...that would be great....but it won't happen, because signing a record deal on these condiotions gives no money for a record company in case my tracks were absolute hits, and I died, taking away all the cash to my grave with me. So, it's either you want to sing for your friends in your garage, or deal with all the consequences, and get involved into the 'wonderful world of' copyrights=money.

Thruster2097
27th March 2005, 06:53 PM
:shem
I'm not pretending to be a legal genius or anything of the like.
However it did catch my attention as being potentially hazardous to our 'zone. Hence the small reminder.

If you are sure that what youre talking about is morally, ethically and legaly correct, then go ahead, I'm not going to stop you.

Lance
27th March 2005, 07:05 PM
Shem, since distribution is now essentially free, the only thing the record labels do that you can't do yourself is advertise on a large scale and protect the copyright from infringement [which they won't do unless THEY own the copyright]. if you want to make large amounts of money from your music, you pretty much have to have a label's advertising and protection, but they take most of the money and dole out to you only what you can force them to. if you just want people to hear your music, it's easy, but being famous will cost.

although it should be getting to the point, though, that music posted on centralised sites could become very widely known very quickly, though of course at no financial profit to the creator. however, the benefits to the ego could be high.

Lion
27th March 2005, 08:53 PM
Once you buy a game, or a music CD, you can make a backup copy as long as you own the original. Bear in mind that the backup is for your private use, so no distribution, it's yours. You can even eat the CD if you feel like it (but don't share it with your mates, as it may be illegal, as they didn't pay for the game :lol: ), you can extract the music to your PC (the same you can do with Audio CD's, as long as you own the original copy of the Album), but don't distribute. In other words - you bought it - it's yours. End of the story.are you sure this is applicable in your region? most people assume it to be the case pretty much on a global scale, I know that is the case in the usa, but at least here in new zealand it's illegal to do so. There's a proposal in our government at the moment to allow one shift of media type for any given material, partly based on the fact that it's already common practise to do so
hell at the moment there's no legal way to fill my ipod in this country

Shem
27th March 2005, 09:33 PM
I'm pretty sure about this. Storing music on a PC goes with having original CD's from which mp3s were made.

def
28th March 2005, 03:53 AM
downloading music ^_^

i wish i lived in my own island in the middle of the pacific.. with just me and a hardcore fiber connection.

RJ O'Connell
30th March 2005, 04:19 PM
I like the site (especially the bg music), aside from continum mistakes and the total lack of an Assegai page. Must....buy....PSP....@_@

Ally Graham
31st March 2005, 07:42 AM
Some small parts of the site has changed.

In the listings, e.g. teams, tracks and weapons, they have spread them out along the bottom; no longer in two groups.

Wonder why they did this, as I say small change, but a change none the less.

eLhabib
31st March 2005, 08:52 AM
:?: just checked the site and nothing has changed at all...

Chill
10th April 2005, 11:43 PM
AG Systems became one of the many companies to supply … whole craft in kit form to those who could afford them.
That makes me laugh. :lol: Though it would be awesome to have something like this!! Like a child's dream!! :P

Thruster2097
10th April 2005, 11:50 PM
It would be the world's biggest tamiya model.... with real jet engines!
I want two! :lol:

Seek100
11th April 2005, 12:20 AM
You know there are companies right now that do similar things, supplying kit cars, though most of the internal components are sourced from more mainstream manufacturers it's not like you could buy a kit Porsche or kit Lotus

I'm surprised actually that none of those japanese companies has tried to get the license to make kits of the wipEout craft, would be perfect for 1/72 scale to display alongside jet models. :?

Chill
11th April 2005, 03:56 AM
Ya, even if they didn't actually run, it would be nice to have a large foldable model of any of the Wipeout crafts, though I don't think that Wipeout's all that popular enough yet, then again, I could be wrong. :P Perhaps minature models. :wink:

Wamdue
11th April 2005, 09:14 AM
The store hasnt gotten my copy of Pure yet, but is the soundtrack on the site from the game? If so, thats quality stuff :D

I read in Edge that Cold Storage is back as well, wich is the final detail for me in making a great wipeout game. It wouldnt be complete without his music :D

pseudonym
11th April 2005, 12:52 PM
I would buy a wipEout model, for sure...

they should also make a film... would be a great excuse to make another hyper-tech futuristic world on the big screen. If they can bring transformers to the silverscreen, they can do it with wipEout... It'd just need a great director, such as Cameron or Soderburgh...

...as if.

Prometheus
11th April 2005, 01:12 PM
yeah that would be cool, imagine placing the decals on those kits... and the possibility of different paint jobs. Or even better, they could seel one teams entire model line up from original to pure.. way cool... the fusion ones would look odd in a line up though... take auricom for example
sleek ine original. sleek in 2097, sleek in 3, brick in fusion, sleek in pure... :)

Chill
11th April 2005, 03:20 PM
Ya, I know what you mean. :lol: But I still think it would be worth it, just think about attaching missiles and different types of weapons to the crafts when putting them together, awesome, and you could recieve a bit of history along with it. Setting the models on a timeline, and having blueprints of the crafts as well as different tracks throughout history, way cool. :P And then you could attempt to build a model of the track if you ever wanted to. :wink:

Dogg Thang
11th April 2005, 03:24 PM
You could put mice in them and race them...

Ally Graham
11th April 2005, 03:25 PM
...or not

Chill
11th April 2005, 03:31 PM
:lol: !!!!!! On to topic now...please? I don't wanna get burned. :roll:

Sausehuhn
15th April 2005, 02:24 PM
It's updated. Not really something new, just a AWESOME looking movie and the possibility to get a news letter.
WipEout Pure is coming! 8)

>> www.wipeoutpure.com

Chill
15th April 2005, 03:23 PM
I'll see this obviously awesome future video when I get home, and off this crappy computer, lets say... 12:00 noon. :wink:

Seek100
15th April 2005, 03:39 PM
Er, that's the same vid we've been looking at for montsh now, the intro vid of the AG-5Y5 being built...

Sausehuhn
15th April 2005, 03:44 PM
er, no.
reload.

Dogg Thang
15th April 2005, 03:50 PM
Nice vid. I would have thought they really should have gotten the website up and running long before release but what do I know? The Fusion site was great before it was released.

Sausehuhn
15th April 2005, 03:51 PM
...and it still is. :)

Seek100
15th April 2005, 04:09 PM
Now why would they leave that old vid there and not at least have a link to the actual site, I mean it's not like we should be expected to randomly refresh pages in case something new has happened.

Prometheus
15th April 2005, 04:27 PM
nice vid... but love the floating auricom wireframe... hope there's one for each ship :)

Chill
15th April 2005, 04:31 PM
Now why would they leave that old vid there and not at least have a link to the actual site...
Exactly!! What a waste!! :? They should have this a link to the actual site as well as the site address staying at wipeoutpure.com instead of us.playstation.yadda yadda, shouldn't they? :roll:

Mobius
15th April 2005, 05:16 PM
This is going to be that actual site - the US on you see is a microsite but this should be a whole lot more impressive :)

Oh btw that video is the one on the sampler demo disk apprently.

Prometheus
15th April 2005, 05:58 PM
yup i think game spot have it somewhere

Chill
15th April 2005, 06:14 PM
WOW!!! 8O That's awesome!! I can't f**kn' wait!!! :P Hmmm, and how long have I been saying this. :lol:

Sausehuhn
15th April 2005, 06:28 PM
Ou, I see that I maybe posted the posting in the wrong thread. I don't meant the US site, I meant the offical site wipeoutpure.com (you can see that under my post).
I didn't want to make a new thread for this, I hope it's clear now:
I meant the site www.wipeoutpure.com

8)

Prometheus
15th April 2005, 07:40 PM
my bad, it's on ign's pure ocverage under demo disc trailer

Rapier Racer
17th April 2005, 06:33 PM
The music on that movie makes me feel like I'm in the 1980's, oooo can't wait! Play.com have the 20th of May up for the PSP launch

Chill
12th May 2005, 10:34 PM
Just wondering, who is Zugara?!!! That's who this site is supposadly created by. It's certainly an awesome name!! 8)

Lance
12th May 2005, 11:29 PM
http://zugara.com/index.html

a company that creates company ''identities'', just like Good Technologies did for Fusion and the old Fusion website

next time, look up this sort of thing on Google; it was the first result. you will get an answer faster that way than by posting here and waiting for a reply that may never come

Hybrid Divide
12th May 2005, 11:36 PM
I just noticed on www.wipeoutpure.com.

Under "English" There is no longer an option for USA.

There used to be.

Please explain!

perfecide
13th May 2005, 02:13 AM
I bet they don't want any more emails because they are about to launch the US site soon. Because it is May, and that May be when the first DL starts, eh?

Chill
13th May 2005, 05:11 AM
Lance, sorry about that. My common sense just flew out the window.

I thought Zugara was a name of a guy. :lol: That would've been cool. 8)

I sure do hope that that is the reason, perfecide. It would suck without that ability to play online. 8O Well, not really, but it would be a little worse. :wink:

Sausehuhn
14th May 2005, 10:34 AM
I just noticed on www.wipeoutpure.com.

Under "English" There is no longer an option for USA.

Erm... now there are't any language options. There's just this animated Auricom ship and some text... hm... :?

Dimension
14th May 2005, 12:15 PM
Yeah, very Hmm... 8O

perfecide
14th May 2005, 06:46 PM
4 more days til the full site goes up!!!!

They are finally releasing a download pack for the US version May 18th: http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-portable/wipeout-psp/613590p1.html

defor
15th May 2005, 04:32 AM
so far the official site for us and uk and so on seems to be more or less ready at:
http://dev6.bubblemedia.co.uk/
very nicely designed and fitting to the pure style.. i like the history they assembled, and am curious.. is the second video they have posted an alternate intro, used in the uk/jp release possibly?
anyway....

def
15th May 2005, 05:04 AM
good find there. the second video is actually the wipeout pure preview video that is featured on the psp umd sampler disk. the japanese version of wop has the same intro as the us version, and i would assume when the euro version comes out it will also be the same. what i really like from that site are the track diagrams, the US site uses some lame looking BG color and the japanese site doesent show the complete diagram. once again, good find. and btw, welcome to the zone.

Chill
15th May 2005, 05:50 AM
Ya, defor, nice find!! :wink: It gives a lot of fun to those of us who still don't have the game. Good little summary of history and the story-line and all, too. It's a great eye candy for me. Thanx!! :wink:

And, welcome to the Zone! :)

Sausehuhn
15th May 2005, 08:24 AM
I love these blurred screenshots, they're really showing the speed :D
And yes, I like the design as well. Good colors, good font, good menue, good style and design. I like it. 8)

edit:
and I like the texts, the animations, the pics, the history and of course the NX1000 8O

Dogg Thang
15th May 2005, 10:05 AM
Ah, latest music package! So there shouldn't be too long to wait for some music downloads. Nice!

eLhabib
15th May 2005, 11:27 AM
notice in the track section there is a little ship flying around the track blueprint. However, someone messed up there: on Vineta, Blueridge, Citta, and Sol2 it is goin in the wrong direction, and on Sinucit it is taking a route at the climbing intersection that isn't even possible.

I love being able tu put the different skins on the ships on the team section. 8)