PDA

View Full Version : ONLINE PLAY!

eLhabib
24th March 2005, 10:40 AM
there's new info on Pure's japanese website http://www.playstation.jp/scej/title/wipeout showing how to connect your PSP via W-LAN router to the internet. Although I can't read japanese, I'm pretty sure that this means we will definitely be able to play Pure online, even without thirdparty tunnelsoftware!
WOOOOOHOOOOO!

xEik
24th March 2005, 10:49 AM
Although I cannot read (much) Japanese, I'd bet that section explains how to download additional content, not how to do online multiplayer.

I can at least read "craft" and "menu graphics", and BGMsomething is kind of a giveaway. ;)

eLhabib
24th March 2005, 01:45 PM
don't tell me you need a W-Lan router to download the additional content! I thougt you can do that with the USB connection... no? :?

Sausehuhn
24th March 2005, 01:46 PM
The pic shows something like a conection between the computer and the PSP, maybe it will be possible - I hope so! Wow! Onlineplay with Pure. :D

Asche XL
24th March 2005, 03:48 PM
Is there a way to get the psp online without a wireless router? Wouldn't it make sense just to be able to hook it up to your computer through usb?

Thruster2097
25th March 2005, 12:34 AM
the USB in the PSP is only active when it is acting as a mass storage device (fancy mp3 player).
To connect a PSP to the internet, you need:
WiFi Wireless Broadband Router
OR
xlink tunneling software and a USB WiFi dongle somewhere on your compy.

Megatron42
29th March 2005, 09:36 PM
Anyone worked out an English translation yet? Or a link to where English instructions are?

def
30th March 2005, 12:24 AM
heres the best i could do:

------
online mode:
Connect to the internet using the WLAN function of the PSP (infrastructure mode).
Circuits, Crafts, Graphics, etc that are not yet released can be downloaded.
Content such as Circuits that is downloaded must be saved to the MemoryStick DUO for it to be playable!

planned downloadable content:
Circuits
Crafts
Background Music
Menu Graphics
Building Boards ( the billboards and signs placed around the circuits )

theres no mention of multiplayer and the diagram to the right is just a typical home wireless network setup, (router to modem, modem to wall and router to computer and psp) the line to the computer is dashed because a computer on the network isnt nessicary for the psp to function properly. It looks like local play and Kai Evolution is all we will have to work with. later.