PDA

View Full Version : Rapier is fast

Salt|Ultra
23rd March 2005, 02:02 AM
8O

~20-25% faster than Flash by my estimate...

I sense a huge increase in my wall damage stat in the next few hours/days :lol:

BenjaminBirdie
23rd March 2005, 02:07 AM
There. Is. A. Wall Damage Stat?

8O

Salt|Ultra
23rd March 2005, 03:14 AM
Yup, I'm sure it is there to humble us. :oops:

There is also a stat that tells you how long you have spent looking at stats . Hey if I do one more lap it will be my 666th :twisted:

Lance
23rd March 2005, 03:23 AM
a stat for stat viewing time. now thAt tells us that sOmebody over there truly has a sense of humour. :D

Chill
23rd March 2005, 03:25 AM
Do they have a stat that measures how long you look at the stat that measures how long you look at all the stats?!!!!! 8O Sorry, but it seems a bit rediculous to me. But oh well, I don't really care, if it's pure, it's definately cool with me!! I'm glad Rapier is fast!!!! All this makes me excitedly wet my pants for the future!!! :twisted: [just joking]

BenjaminBirdie
23rd March 2005, 03:39 AM
Are the zone tracks also specific to classes, or are they in their own little, um, thing?

Chill
23rd March 2005, 03:49 AM
It's probably gonna be like Fusion, their own thing. Just a guess, but all Zone modes continue to speed up, so their really wouldn't be any need for a class for each and every one, ya? :wink:

G'Kyl
23rd March 2005, 05:52 AM
LOL. Those stats are probably going to be my favourite table of all time. And they even show you how frickin geeky you are. ;)

Ben

Dimension
23rd March 2005, 09:39 AM
Heh heh, like that stat viewing stat :) How much trouble are you having competing in rapier oh exalted Salty one of owning wipEout purE and a PSP? Much more difficult than Flash?

BenjaminBirdie
23rd March 2005, 01:52 PM
This is interesting (via tha IGN board):

"After I beat the third class (Flash), it said I unlocked some option for my ship. I'm not sure what it does, but now when I pick a ship to race with, I can turn on and off something. I can't tell yet what it does."

Any thoughts, those who are already hip deep in the game? Or have, say, unlocked Rapier?

infoxicated
23rd March 2005, 02:13 PM
Alternate liveries for the ships. :)

The alternate Auricom and AG Systems are great looking. :)

Sausehuhn
23rd March 2005, 03:47 PM
Maybe a white AG-5Y5? :D

Salt|Ultra
23rd March 2005, 05:45 PM
Dimension, Rapier is much harder for me. I'm am hopeful I will get used to it but right now it seems damn fast. And the AI seem a bit tougher as well, but that could just be because they handle the speed increase better than I can.

As for the alternate liveries. I like them, AG and Feisar look like they do on the cover of the box. I hope that we will get nice big images of the ships at some point.

Zone mode is it's own little world. You get the "zone ship" which may or may not be unlockable for normal racing.

Concept
23rd March 2005, 05:51 PM
Is Phantom as enjoyable in Pure as it is in 2097 and 3? I always found Rapier slightly more frustrating than Phantom due to more focus on weapons.

Sausehuhn
23rd March 2005, 06:33 PM
What?! They're looking ike the ones at the cover?! man, that are wonderful news! Do they really have the same design or just the same colors?

Salt|Ultra
23rd March 2005, 07:58 PM
Certainly the same colors. I don't think the design of the ship models change, they just get a different "paint job".

Sausehuhn
23rd March 2005, 08:05 PM
:?

Anyway, the colors of the cover ships are looking better than the original ones.
___

Is it complecated to fly Rapier? I mean you have to fly at a small screen and it's very fast, maybe you cannot see the track good enough to fly perfect. (wonder how it will be at Phantom)

And one question about zone: how is the ship's handling? More like it was in Fusion (for a better control at higher speed levels) or a more wipeout like handling?

Salt|Ultra
23rd March 2005, 09:57 PM
It is not complicated to fly Rapier because of the small screen size, I can see the track fine, I just don't have the reflexes and timing down yet. The screen on the PSP does not feel so small when you are pouring all of your concentration in to it. :)

I didn't play zone in Fusion so I can't compare, but the zone ship feels a lot like the regular ships. It feels like it's handling is more deliberate than the Feisar or the harimau, maybe sort of like the Auricom or Quirex. Hope that helps.

tapioca
24th March 2005, 09:41 PM
It's great to hear that the cover paint jobs will be unlockable. Thanks a lot team Liverpool ! Even more if it's been included on people demand from this site. I think i’m not the only one who asked for it… Does it include the black cockpit for Feisar ?

silaris
24th March 2005, 09:55 PM
I'm a little curious about the "pirate" looking ship atm...saw it during a demo.

Deadly Diabetic
25th March 2005, 01:36 AM
I saw it too...the thing looks MEAN

Dimension
25th March 2005, 06:34 AM
pirate ship? which video? :D

pseudonym
25th March 2005, 11:45 PM
Is it complecated to fly Rapier? I mean you have to fly at a small screen and it's very fast, maybe you cannot see the track good enough to fly perfect.

man, surely the best thing about playing wipEout is when you get so good at it (know the tracks inside out) you don't need to see the tracks... you feel them... like cascading green code ;)

Chill
25th March 2005, 11:55 PM
True, but at Phantom with others ramming into you and your flying head-first into a sharp turn, you really need to still see the track. This is kinda why I don't race the tracks on time trial (except for learning them before-hand), because racing can lead into something least expecting, thus keeping you on edge. I love these things about Wipeout, and I'll certainly love competing with others via online, because we can come into conditions like these and show off our skill, ya? :wink: But if your a time trial player, than ya, the screen doesn't matter that much, that is, if you don't mind losing the feel of Wipeout. 8)

pseudonym
26th March 2005, 12:04 AM
damn it I can't wait to play this game... and I can't wait for the VR version which is just around the next decade...

Chill
26th March 2005, 12:09 AM
OFF TOPIC:

... and I can't wait for the VR version which is just around the next decade...
VR version?!!!! :o Wow, I didn't know of anything like that. Mabye I need to read more!!! LOL (haven' a good time)!!!!!! :lol:

pseudonym
26th March 2005, 12:13 AM
hmm, it was a joke actually, but I have no doubt that wipEout VR will be a launch title for the developers of our futur VR consoles (and have dreams of working on it myself...)

Chill
26th March 2005, 12:54 AM
Oh, haha :? , jokes on me. Poopeers!!! Ya, it would be awesome to work on something like that!!! :P

gbit
26th March 2005, 01:37 AM
Yes.....it will be called Wipeout 200000097. :)