PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a way to output PSP to tv, beamer or vgamonito

wipeoud
21st March 2005, 05:00 PM
A PSP is nice but i ant find any output connectors. Is there any way to get/tap some output signal form a psp?

Space Cowboy
21st March 2005, 05:05 PM
As far as i know, without a dev kit, it is impossible to connect the psp to any TV or monitor. :(

Hybrid Divide
21st March 2005, 05:11 PM
Dispite what they say, I'm sure Sony realizes that there's money to be made with something that will read UMD Games on a TV.

It might be a few years down the road, but I'm sure they'll release something eventually.

It took Nintendo a long time before the Super GameBoy came out, and a long time after that before the GameCube's GameBoy Player.

Asche XL
21st March 2005, 05:17 PM
Like I said in previous topics, I think the only thing the PSP is missing is a TV-OUT input. That'd be ace hooking up a usb controller to the psp and the psp to a hd-tv. Ah well.

Concept
21st March 2005, 05:27 PM
It wouldn't matter. The PSP's resolution is well below HD-TV levels. Wipeout Pure wouldn't be able to run as it is in high resolution.

But I do agree with you all - Sony (or a third party) are bound to release a PSP-to-TV convertor at some point down the line.

Dogg Thang
21st March 2005, 05:34 PM
Yeah, I'd be stunned if we don't see a GBA player equivalent quite soon after launch.

Dogg.

Mobius
21st March 2005, 05:38 PM
It would be really simple

Software on disk, additional hardware plugs into the usb port.

wipeoud
21st March 2005, 05:48 PM
About the HIDEF. I plugged the low resolution WO3 into a 1280x720 beamer via . Believe me it plays and looks very nice :D
The WO pure res is even better, so ....

Maybe in the future we can use the usb port or make a connction ourself with the soldering iron

Concept
21st March 2005, 06:04 PM
Wipeout 3 isn't low resolution though, a la Wipeout/2097/XL. I think it was one of the few PSone games to out put at 640x480.

The trouble with the PSP is it outputs at 16:9 480 x 272, so automatically, the picture is going to be letterboxed on 4:3 screens (though let's face it, digital TV is rapidly moving to 16:9 standard). Apart from that, the PSP will have games that appear PS2-esque at low resolution on normal televisions. Some of the tricks developers currently use to get around the benefits of a small screen will become more apparent as well, such as basic texturing (a la Ridge racers).

I'm sure a PSP-to-TV convertor will come, but people should expect some of the system's limitations to become more evident in the process. :)