PDA

View Full Version : Best way to play the game? first ships or tracks?

wipeoud
21st March 2005, 04:57 PM
Hopefully this week i get my second hand copy from wipeout2097 for my ps2.
I preffered not a copy so i bought this original for €10 incl sending t to me.
Now i need to find an original WO3 SE for my copy (not the combo derby destructon/wo3se) i want the real thing :-)
But I already have a original WO3 and WO1 :-) but WO1 is to ugly so i dont play (and it doesnt support the analog stick of the joypad.

But now my question, what is the smartest way to play?

1. track 1, then use all ships to get gold to unlock more ships, then after you got all ships in gold. Move on to the next track, etc.

2. track1 ship 1 after getting gold, then go the to track 2.
Until you raced all 8 tracks with ship 1 for gold. After that use ship 2 and race the 8 tracks again for gold

Which way is better?

Seek100
21st March 2005, 05:12 PM
They're both as tedious as one another but the SE version makes the second option easier for you as you can progress to the 'next race' after winning thus taking you through all 8 races with a single team whereas the first option you'd have to keep exiting out to the menu and re-entering meaning more loading and waiting.

The only time you'd want to do all teams on one track is when you get to Rapier or Phantom as you might find one or two tracks hard at first whereas you can easily finish off all of Porto Kora or Mega Mall.

P.S. w'o"1 is not ugly, it still holds up graphically to this day. Plus it rewards the truly skilled who can fly without hitting walls.

P.P.S. the analog stick is useless for w'o", it's far too loosely sprung and makes maneouvring the craft much less precise than the control with the d-pad, or for those lucky enough, a neGcon.

Lance
21st March 2005, 05:32 PM
on WO2, all you really need to do is win gold. as i recall, every ship but Piranha is available from the beginning, and they are all that is required to beat the game. the Piranha is the prize for doing so, but using it after beating the game is only useful for fun and for setting records on the times tables, as it opens nothing new when you win with it

Chill
21st March 2005, 11:57 PM
I'm just popn' in to say "Welcome To The Zone!!!!" I hope you enjoy yourself and have fun!!! :wink:

jospicy
23rd March 2005, 10:18 PM
i must have missed something cos i cant get races on talons reach on venom any ideas?

G'Kyl
23rd March 2005, 11:01 PM
You have to successfully complete the first challenge first.

jospicy
23rd March 2005, 11:11 PM
cheers Ben new neGcon and a day off on Fri seems like a good Combo to me :P

G'Kyl
24th March 2005, 05:54 AM
Personally, I couldn't think of anything better. :-) OK, except for the arrival of my PSP+Pure order. ;)

Concept
24th March 2005, 09:31 PM
I've been playing this in anticipation for Pure.

For the first time, I've completed (Phantom) Challenge II without losing a continue. I've never done it before without losing a life. in the process.

2097 really does provide a rush for the body/mind. After the speed and smoothly carving through the races, I feel rather bloody good.

jospicy
24th March 2005, 11:19 PM
woo hoo all done time to attack the score boards :P

G'Kyl
24th March 2005, 11:38 PM
Congrats, jospicy! :) I just played the second challenge myself in order to chill out after completing some WO64 challenges. XL is a walk in the park compared to the N64 game. That's a good thing of course. ;)
What really hit me was how sedate the PSX game is compared to its Nintendo counterpart. At first I thought I had set a ridiculously high max lock for my neGcon, then I realized its the game itself that moves WAY slower. WO64 feels almost twice as fast in direct comparison, which also gives seemingly more responsive control.

Ben