PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout Pure is out

JABBERJAW
21st March 2005, 12:44 PM
I saw it in EB yesterday. I am going to pick it up today with the three game trade in. (my suggestion-go to gamestop and buy three crap games and trade them in there, but make sure EB will take them though. I don't know how I'm going to play it because I'm selling the 2 psp's I'm getting. I'll pick one up later though.

Rapier Racer
21st March 2005, 02:07 PM
Wo wo wo, wait a second, firstly your getting two PSP,s! and then your selling both of them? Are you mad!

JABBERJAW
21st March 2005, 02:10 PM
not mad, smart. Selling for a lot more money, then using the extra money to help buy a widescreen tv. I'll buy another one later when people are not willing to spend near 400 for them

Rapier Racer
Of course how very crafty of you

infoxicated
Didn't you pull that gag with the PS2 as well?

Smart man, Sartwell - smart man! ;)

JABBERJAW
21st March 2005, 02:16 PM
Yeah, got 600 for the ps2. Put it in the paper wednesday night, got a call 7am thursday morning. They had the nerve to say I was actually giving them a deal(others were selling for 800. I got another one a week later and sold it for 450$. I had a really bad mistake a few months ago though. The Vermont Teddy Bear company was selling a teddy bear with a straight jacket on with "committment papers". Some nuts started complaining about it and started a whole controversy. I thought, "I should buy 5 of these and sell them(they cost 60$). I thought however that I would only get a little for them. Damn, I would have made 300$ a bear minimum, so I don't want to make that mistake again.

infoxicated
21st March 2005, 02:23 PM
"Bear minimum" :lol:

You're a funny guy! :D

JABBERJAW
21st March 2005, 02:32 PM
I actually didn't see that when I wrote it. I guess I'm a natural :?

Lance
21st March 2005, 04:17 PM
LOL :D
what a difference a comma makes.
bear minimum. i love that :)

yawnstretch
21st March 2005, 05:46 PM
Well just received word from Videogamesplus that my copy has been shipped! W00oOt :D

I wonder how long it will take for it to get to me?

8O

Space Cowboy
21st March 2005, 06:52 PM
I definitely going to import i think. the euro price acorrding to amazon.co.uk is £179.00 for the basic psp starter pack!
From videogames.ca its only £130.00 and Wipeout pure is only £24.00!

Thruster2097
21st March 2005, 07:23 PM
yep, I have caught the import bug, too.
My PSP gets here in a few days.
My £250 got me a PSP standard pack, 512mb stick, USB cables, hard case and Ridge Racers.
WOPurE should be following my PSP through customs. (and hopefully moving so damn fast it doesnt get caught!)

I realise I am taking a big risk by buying a regionalised import, because if the powers that be decide to lock the regions on the UMD, I will be forced to play everything in japanese. Or buy another PSP, but I know which option is more feasible.

BTW (slightly OT but allowable?)
To get the downloadable extras, can I just connect my PC to the internet and keep the files stored on my compy? Or do I have to have a wireless broadband so the PSP can connect directly to the download sites?

yawnstretch
21st March 2005, 07:40 PM
Id say you wont need a wireless hotspot to get the WipEout downloadables. I'd say it will be download from site onto your pc, and usb to psp.

By the way I'd also guess that you can get away with the 32mb card (surely you dont have to put all the downloads on at once?)

I've been thinking about burning the downloads to a few CDs so I can maintain the entire game in storage for a thousand years. :D

yawnstretch
21st March 2005, 07:41 PM
Just thinking about my last post...

Somehow I dont think they'll be using CDs in a thousand years...

And CDs probably wont last anything near that amount of time either 8)

Thruster2097
21st March 2005, 07:55 PM
CD's in a thousand years?
Sure we will!
After all, we are living in a digital age, yet we still cherish the most primitave form of archiving information. Books!

They might be found next to the "ancient blu-ray discs" and "SHD-HDDSD-DDDSDVD's"
Laserdiscs and betamax are to be found under "golden oldies"

Thanks for that, yawnstretch. I hope youre right because setting up a wireless broadband is something I dont really want to have to endure yet. And the 512mb card is so I can use the PSP as a super-glorified MP3 player at work.

Salt|Ultra
22nd March 2005, 01:04 AM
If you can't access the downloads via PC, I'm sure some nice soul will put them somewhere on the internet so that all of our non-WiFi friends can access them. Since you can copy them from your PSP to your PC via USB. I've already backed up my currently empty downloads folder, along with all the other Pure savegame data.