PDA

View Full Version : Circuit Names

Mobius
20th March 2005, 02:35 PM
What are the names of new circuits in pure?

and

Is the corkscrew from mandrashee in theis version?

Salt|Ultra
20th March 2005, 04:49 PM
The circuits are:
Vineta K - 4446m
Modesto Heights - 4576m
Chenghou Project - 4866m
Blue Ridge - 4780m
Sinucit - 6117m
Citta Nuova - 5408m
Sebenco Climb - 4813m
Sol 2 - 4400m
Karbonis - 3256m
Sagarmatha - 4544m
Manor Top - :oops:
Mandrashee - :oops:

Zones:
Pro Tozo - no length given
Mallavol - no length given
Coridon 12 - no length given
Syncopa - no length given

--
I haven't gotten to Mandrashee yet, so I can not tell you if the corkscrew is there yet. :oops:

Sausehuhn
20th March 2005, 05:13 PM
Thank you!

Don't worry because the 3 tracks, you will get them :)

Is the game good?! Is it? Is it?! :D

edit:
Looks like they aren't very long... :?

Salt|Ultra
21st March 2005, 12:32 AM
The game is fantastic. The tracks are very taxing on my piloting skills, but rewarding at the same time. I'm impressed that I have only just gotten to Flash, I was worried that the game would be a cake walk, it isn't.

Dimension
21st March 2005, 12:45 AM
So there is some real SL lifespan to it then? How does the unlocking system work? :idea:

Salt|Ultra
21st March 2005, 01:01 AM
From what I can gather, single tracks can be unlocked in single play or tournament modes for the regular tracks, Finishing in sliver on a zone mode track unlocks another zone mode track (or maybe you get them by winning tournaments as well?). Tournaments are unlocked by finishing tournaments.

I did not get Flash unitil I had finished gold in each single race and gold in Alpha, Beta and Ascension tournaments in Vemon. It could be that finishing the tournaments would have been enough, I'm not sure.

For each gold metal you win you get a nice piece of concept art image as a reward.

I'm not sure if you get anything for golds in TT yet, since I am well short of gold metal times :oops:

Dimension
21st March 2005, 02:22 AM
Heh, time trial challenges huh? Can't see them lasting very long around here :D On the subject of tracks, which is your favourite? Which looks coolest? And which is hardest? :wink:

Salt|Ultra
21st March 2005, 04:05 PM
I don't know, those gold medal TT times are brutal. I would hate to race against whoever set those :oops: They are like 10-15 seconds better than where I am currently.

Hummm...
Favorite track: tie Sol 2/Chenghou Project
Coolest looking track: Sinucit
Hardest track: Blue Ridge
(subject to whim of course)

--
I think I was in error earlier finishing in gold on single races does not seem to unlock tracks. Tracks other than the classic tracks are unlocked in packs of 4 when you finish the Alpha class tournament for that speed class.

infoxicated
21st March 2005, 04:11 PM
Interesting - I'd put my favourites, in no particular order, as:

Vineta K
Modesto Heights
Chengou Project
Sebenco Climb
Sol 2

And the hardest, I'd say, is Citta Nuova - those rolling chicanes near the end are just too frustrating for me. :evil:

Sinucit is definitely very nice looking, but just goes on for ever and ever in the slower speed classes, and I cant stand the final section before the jump - means you cant take it very fast. :)

Lance
21st March 2005, 04:54 PM
so it's not possible to fly over the section? what's it like? esses? bumps? hairpin corners?

infoxicated
21st March 2005, 06:16 PM
No, it's not possible - it runs through tunnels with a low ceiling, so if you really screw up you can hit the ceiling. :|

I've already moaned to Colin about this one many a time, as I think it's the worst track in the game. However, from what I've seen, every one of the download tracks is awesome, so one bad one isn't going to take much away from the game as a whole. :)

Lance
21st March 2005, 06:30 PM
i see, the Stanza Inter of Pure. :?

BenjaminBirdie
21st March 2005, 06:34 PM
[off topic] GOD I HATE STANZA INTER. I was stuck trying to get gold on VENOM with Feisar all weekend. ALL WEEKEND. 2nd Place. 2nd Place. 2nd Place. I finally had one race where I caught up to the 1st place guy, had him in my sights with a Plasma on the final checker stretch, but TOO LATE. 2ND PLACE. I. Hate. That. Track.[/off topic]

Ahem.

Gamespot has a video of what I think is the Mandrashee course. Pretty sweet.

infoxicated
21st March 2005, 06:55 PM
Oh god, no - I'd do a 100 laps of Stanza Inter if it would mean I didn't have to do three laps of Citta Nuova. That's the kind of frustration I'm talking about!

I can only assume that Citta Nuova is latin for "Like being stripped naked, smeared in jam and then tethered to the ground by an ant hill"... I was going to suggest something worse, but hey - this is a family show. ;)

Mobius
21st March 2005, 08:18 PM
Gamespot has a video of what I think is the Mandrashee course. Pretty sweet.

Sorry mate, thats Karbonis

@ infoxicated.

Which one is citta nuova? Description wise

infoxicated
21st March 2005, 08:21 PM
Erm... the one with the big inverted V shaped turn that keeps appearing in screen grabs.

Mobius
21st March 2005, 08:29 PM
Oh - i was looking forward to that one. But hey I like Stanza Inter.

:oops:

I'm mad aren't i?

infoxicated
21st March 2005, 08:31 PM
Don't let my lack of ability/tollerance of it colour your judgement, my man - I'm pretty sure each of us has a distinct taste for the type of track we prefer to spend our time on. :)

Mobius
21st March 2005, 08:36 PM
True.

Concept
21st March 2005, 08:47 PM
I like Stanza Inter too.

My worst track in Wipeout 3 used to be P-Mar Project, which I used to find insanely difficult on Phantom. Until I got gold on it tonight. :D

As for Pure, the track through the clouds looks amazing (don't know the name).

TMoney
21st March 2005, 09:07 PM
You know, I was playing Pure a bit today and I realized something about the air brake I think....

I remember in XL... you used to be able to airbrake and you'd still continue the same path for a few seconds while your ship would face the turn.. then suddenly the airbrake would "catch" .. your newly directed thrust would overtake your old path and you'd be through the turn...

In Pure, when you airbrake you begin turning immediately... when you get used to pure, (at least for me anyway) you'll be only be concentrating on the very few metres in front of you with few exceptions. If your ships nose is pointing in the centre of the track in the metres in front of you, even if your instincts tell you you may hit a wall, you won't.

Citta Nuova is ridiculously hard I agree.... you'll notice the A.I. slow right down in Flash class to get through it... so I just take my time and I'm able to win sometimes.

That reminds me ... the A.I. in Pure is nice. It's not like in XL where you blow by them all in Lap 1 and then lap them over again... The 1st place ship especially is a huge fight always in the last lap for me... and getting by the first 4-5 ships or so in Lap 1 is always a ridiculous fight with missles and bombs everywhere - very exciting stuff.

Salt|Ultra
22nd March 2005, 12:32 AM
I agree on the AI they are very well done. I'm waiting for the first time one of them slides over and drops a bomb right on my nose :(

I actually like Citta Nouva, now that I have a feel for how to handle the 180. Lots of good races on that one, even if the AI often sneaks by me in the last turn. :x