PDA

View Full Version : New here - my rave

genjix
18th March 2005, 08:33 PM
Hi.. I love wip3out and never even dreamed a board would exist because of the sparse threads on gamefaqs. Imagine my surprise when I find a link at the bottom of an faq, and realize others still play this game. :), My favorite team is Pihrana and favorite track is P-Mar. I just wanted to say I am so happy :P What do you all think of Wipeout Fusion and the future wipeouts? (I hate it - too slow and less bouncy).

Dimension
18th March 2005, 08:49 PM
hey there genjix, most don't like fusion around here, seems to have left a bitter taste in the mouths of those who have played it (as in not me heh!) Glad to see new W3O fans about, but do share your times with us on the tables, people are always happy to step up and squash one another's times around here :D Enjoy the site :wink:

*edit* and out of interest, pirhana's my second choice, the ship for tracks that the Qirex just isn't cut out for :(

Chill
18th March 2005, 08:55 PM
Welcome to the Zone, genjix. A very interesting username, mind if I ask where it comes from? It sounds cool!!!! :wink:

btw: I also love wip3out, not that you wouldn't already know. :lol: I know the happiness you feel, and think it's awesome!!!! I felt the same way!!! Welcome, extroardinarily awesome dude!!!!! 8)

Sausehuhn
18th March 2005, 08:59 PM
hi genjix

welcome to the forums! Have you finished the SE? This game takes so much time :roll: :D

stin
18th March 2005, 09:15 PM
Welcome to the forums and WipeoutZone! 8)

stevie :D

Lance
18th March 2005, 09:29 PM
The Tale of Genji, perhaps, by Lady Murasaki?

genji x?

*shows off for the crowd... er... for self.* [pitiful. just pitiful. shame on you, Lance]

genjix
20th March 2005, 04:53 PM
my username basically comes from where lance said, plus the x for variables. Actually, I wish they would try to make it less realistic like they are doing today, and cocentrate on the SPEED. thats what i love, is just gliding round corners at high speed.
Maybe in a year or two, when I have some spare time, i want to program a wipeout clone, so can basically have more tracks... any 3D modellers here?
I noticed all the times at the bottom of the highscores, just beat mine (the bottom one) :(.

Dimension
20th March 2005, 11:46 PM
The clone topic comes up every once in a while in both the general discussion forum and the pilot's lounge so you'll find you're not alone in wanting to program a clone :) And about the times, don't worry, just keep practising and you'll get up there.

Play More
Achieve More

04: Repeated play ensures success :wink:

seek
21st March 2005, 01:19 AM
lets be friends

Dimension
21st March 2005, 02:15 AM
I did a search and i'm getting 48 matches for threads with "Let's be Friends" in, interesting that :)

genjix
22nd March 2005, 03:34 PM
lets be friends
lol

what i don't understand though, is if this has been brought up many times before, why hasn't anyone done it yet? :evil: Maybe next year I will start (thinking about it for ages, but have had other projects :P)

BTW: I meant my highscores where JUST off the bottom of the highscores :(

Dimension
22nd March 2005, 03:40 PM
Wasn't it something like "too many graphical designers, not enough programmers"? I think ti was, have a quick look in the top two forums, there was a post a month or two back about it :)

genjix
23rd March 2005, 08:42 PM
Excellent! I'm a programmer and always hard pressed to find musicians/artists. I am checking out the pilots lounge like you said though I don't think I will post about making a game, probably until next year when I have a little something to show to people and work with.