PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout mis-naming trivia for you die hard fans.

Nick Burcombe
14th March 2002, 02:16 PM
Kel Solaar initially appeared in a very old Psygnosis game for the Amiga. Jim Bowers came up with the name for the character you were playing in a very early first person game which was very loosely based on the Alien movie. The game was written by Danny Gallagher and was called Infestation. Somewhere down the line the original spelling got lost too because it was initally Kal Solar not Kel Solaar.

http://www.flash.net/~rayearle/Ifiles/I.html#Infestation

Just so y' know :smile:

Nick B

Lance
14th March 2002, 02:50 PM
i'm glad it was changed. i like the sound of kel solaar a lot better. it's distinctive enough to be futuristic, but not in a corny 1930's bad pulp sci-fi magazine way.

Anastasia
15th March 2002, 10:47 PM
Hmm, this is interesting! Fancy that!

Good old Kel! I worshipped him in wipE'out". By the way, Infoxicated, I like the profiles you have done (or was it someone else?). Anyway, they were very good.

How do you post things onto the fan fiction board? I am doing some bits and pieces at the mo. you see and am just wondering 'cos I'm quite new to this kinda thing (website stuff)!

Ana :smile:

Lance
15th March 2002, 11:25 PM
use the official wipeoutzone e-mail addy to send fanfic:

infoxicated@wipeoutzone.com

jmoid
25th June 2002, 06:38 PM
what's the guy's name that does the profiles and the copy writing for wipeout? i like his stuff... i remember his name was on the front page when we got the tetsuo twins profile but i can't find it now.

Vasudeva
25th June 2002, 06:49 PM
Not so long ago, I found a very weird page featuring a story in which all wipeout pilots appeared from 2052 but in 2097 (and not aged, so the author made a mistake there). However, the story barely had something to do with racing and one of the two Tetsuo twins was a man... I lost the URL though.

Weird stuff.

V.

infoxicated
25th June 2002, 07:36 PM
FYI: The man who does the copy for Wipeout is Damon Fairclough - if you go into any of the stuff done by him, his name is at the top. :)

Lance
25th June 2002, 10:03 PM
jeroen, i saw that too, where the tetsuos were a brother and sister; but damned if i know where i saw it

jmoid
26th June 2002, 07:16 PM
FYI: The man who does the copy for Wipeout is Damon Fairclough - if you go into any of the stuff done by him, his name is at the top. :)
hehe my powers of observation do me proud again :)