PDA

View Full Version : Anybody...

Dimension
16th March 2005, 07:42 AM
Does anybody know the codes to unlock all tracks and ships for SE? I can't stand the thought of another single race against SE's utterly appalling AI, it's driven me up the wall for one too many goes around Talon's Reach already. :evil: I tried the W3O cheats but they didn't seem to work, can't find anything on gamefaqs either :? Any help appreciated :)

Rapier Racer
16th March 2005, 10:52 AM
PHANTOM = enable Phantom Class
NOFEAR = invunerability and unlimited hyperthrust
UNLIMIT = infinite weapons
DROIDS = drive as rescue droid ships
HITOMI = view extra full motion footage
PROTO = unlock all bonus prototype circuits
ALLTRACK = unlock all circuits
AXCEL = super speed-ups on all tracks
MIRROR = mirrored tracks
CRAFTS = access all teams
ALLTNT = access all tournaments
ALLCNG = access all challenge tournaments

Now don't go thinking I use cheats, the only one I have used was the one for the video footage since I missed it when it originally popped up

Lance
16th March 2005, 12:17 PM
to repeat what everyone competing on the records tables should already know, but which newbies to the site may not, all cheats are illegal for use on the tables, with the exception of the ones that give access to teams and tracks. infinite hyperthrust, unlimited weapons, and all other such cheats affect actual performance and cannot be used for record runs

mid
16th March 2005, 03:53 PM
Apart from the laborious nature of unlocking the prototypes by working through all 64 combinations of craft and course for a given class or if like Dimension you've lost your save, if you need a code to unlock something, you're not going to get very high up in the table anyway; I'm pretty much dead last, but that's easily enough to unlock things.

Lance
16th March 2005, 05:04 PM
quite the opposite of the original Gran Turismo, where it can be difficult to get the ultimate licenses, but relatively easy to do very well in the races themselves

Sausehuhn
16th March 2005, 05:06 PM
Does anybody know if there's a cheat to have all gold medals in the Wip3out an Classic league? My saved game has a bug, I can't win two tracks in both leagues. I can do what I want, I can't get a medal, even when I'm the 1st. :|

HELP ME!!!

Rapier Racer
16th March 2005, 05:30 PM
Odd I've never heard of any such bug, or cheat for that matter

Dimension
16th March 2005, 07:26 PM
Cheers AD, appreciate it. Mid I'm only using the cheats because I absolutely despise single race mode, all I want is the tracks and ships to have free reign over my time trial options without driving myself demented with the AI mobile chicanes, I'm sure anyone else planning to use these codes is the same :)

zargz
16th March 2005, 07:35 PM
Did you race the two prototypes from the Jap wo3??!
and if you did a ghost how do you like the memcard reading times and the fact that it shows the time as well on the ghosts!? http://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/heh.gif
may be this ^ shud be on the differences between wo3 ans SE thread!

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

Dimension
16th March 2005, 07:52 PM
heh, yeah just had a go on the two new prototypes, number five is good mindless fun :rock_on

Axel
16th March 2005, 09:08 PM
yeah that prototype track 5 is wicked!!!! constand speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sausehuhn
17th March 2005, 03:12 PM
the fifth is the best!!

LS105/GP02:

Phantom: Laprecord: 0:12:80
Phantom: Racerecord: 1:15:92 :lol:

Axel
18th March 2005, 12:23 AM
I really wish they made pure for the PS2, it would have been so SWEET!!!!!!!!!! :(

Chill
18th March 2005, 03:50 PM
Agreed. Mabye they can still make it? Not all people who like Wipeout can buy a PSP that soon, because they probably have just emptied their pockets for the new style of the PS2. And what about playing it on the TV screen, that feel's gonna be totally gone!!! :(

Dimension
18th March 2005, 07:35 PM
Well uh, I don't see any problem in it not being on PS2, smaller screens are just as easy to play on and i've deal with Sonic having moved from games consoles to handhelds *shrugs* it's probably less of a biggy than you think, why did you buy a new PS2 anyway Chill? It's just the same as the original in a pretty new box :?

Chill
18th March 2005, 09:05 PM
I didn't, I'm just speaking for those who have bought a new PS2. :wink: You know, who didn't quite know about the PSP. I'm probably just yakn' on for no reason, because most probably did know about the PSP, but I still think that a Pure for the PS2 would be cool. You could move the pad around without always having to move your eyes with the screen. Don't know if you know what I mean, but this and other things could change our opinions on it, ya? :wink:

Dimension
18th March 2005, 09:11 PM
Maybe, I suppose, though i've always enjoyed gaming on a handheld, something about the all in one package of a handheld just appeals to me, too much Tetris/Columns in my childhood I think :lol:

Concept
20th March 2005, 01:36 AM
I doubt they'll convert Pure for PS2. It'd rob the PSP of one of its early key selling points.

Far more likely is eventually a PSP adaptor/converter to come out, and enable games to be played full screen on television.

Chill
20th March 2005, 03:27 AM
Ya, well, that would be cool too. :wink: *SIGH* I just can't wait, MAN!!!!! I love all of you for loving Wipeout, let's kiss and make up. Oops!! :oops: I meant let's be friends!!! :lol: (Just messn' with ya). :D

Axel
20th March 2005, 07:46 AM
hehehehe Well I got a new PS2 because thats all they sell now. The old models are long gone :P But Colin confirmed in a pm, that there will be no wipeout on the PS2, here's to hoping for the PS3.

Sausehuhn
20th March 2005, 12:41 PM
If we would see a new WipEout on PS3, I would be happy to see it in this graphics!

>> http://www.the-magicbox.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-11416.html

Shem
20th March 2005, 01:19 PM
sorry to say, but that ain't gonna happen in at least 8 years from now. That kind of graphincs take just too much time to make. The irony is that we need time to make tools to make that kind of graphics in in a short period of time, otherwise, you can always count that someone will make photorealistic Wipeout, but expect it to be released in 2013, heh. My point of view is that there are more and more polygons shoved into games, and that takes place since the beginning of 3D gaming. Lately, however, meaning by the last 5 years, i can only observe some minor improvement in game visuals. It's all about more polygons, and that doesn't mean that graphics are always better.

Sausehuhn
20th March 2005, 01:25 PM
oh, no problem, I can wait 8 years more...

;)

Mobius
20th March 2005, 02:40 PM
I hate to burst you bubble also buth they are Xenon (xbox 2) renders.

G'Kyl
20th March 2005, 04:00 PM
Which only means PS3 games would look even better. ;)

Lance
20th March 2005, 04:57 PM
Ben, how do you arrive at that conclusion? X-box 1 images are more nearly realistic than PS2, aren't they? they looked really good to me, anyway on Project Gotham, for instance

G'Kyl
20th March 2005, 05:17 PM
As far as news from Microsoft and Sony go, XBox2 is scheduled to be released at the end of this year, whereas Sony apparently plans on hitting the market in 2006 with the next PlayStation. Now, one year of development can make a slight difference in performance, which is why I went to say PS3 games are going to look much better than XBox titles. I wasn't completely serious, though. :)

Ben

mid
21st March 2005, 01:05 PM
Good graphics are as much about artistic and coding ability as they are about the differences in hardware, though.

PGR2 on the XBox was pretty stunning, but I'd say the Gran Turismo 4 version of the 'Ring looks even better. On the other hand the XBox release of Mercenaries is much better looking, to choose a random multiplatform example.