PDA

View Full Version : US PurE Ship Date Moved Up?

Deadly Diabetic
11th March 2005, 05:53 PM
Just thought I'd drop a line to ask if it's true that the U.S. ship date for PurE has been moved from the 23rd to the 15th of this month. Every place I've read online has the release date at the 23rd but I recieved the following email today from ebgames:

Thanks for pre-ordering Wipeout Pure from EBgames.com! As an added benefit to ordering from us, we’ll keep you informed of ship date changes. We are writing to let you know that we have made a slight change to the projected ship date. The new ship date for Wipeout Pure will be 3/15/2005. As always, EBgames.com will not charge your credit card until we ship your order.

That's the first I've heard about it and although I have absolutely no complaints about receiving it early, there's not a whole lot I'm going to be able to do with it until the hardware ships. Well, other than carry it with me like a "blankie" (Have you met my copy of wipeout pure yet? Huh?)

;)

-DD

Sausehuhn
11th March 2005, 06:06 PM
Sony, Sony, Sony, what the hell you're doing?! The US get it at the 3/15/05 and we still don't know the EU launch!!

:evil:

PS: Congratulations to the USA. :)

Dimension
11th March 2005, 06:10 PM
Good stuff, congrats statesiders, enjoy it! Oh and uh... don't let Sartwell beat you all too badly before Senand gets there to represent this continent :lol:

yawnstretch
11th March 2005, 06:36 PM
OH MAN! I hope this is true! Im getting mine from Videogames plus but no word from them yet...

silaris
11th March 2005, 07:43 PM
Nice, I can diggest the manual sooner than expected (if I do get a call from Gamestop). However thrilled to hear this, still have to wait for the PSP to ship. Would be nice if I got one of the first packages, then I'd be my first LCD? (Pixel TV) I'd ever owned watching Spiderman 2!! ...cough...now back to playing my "Icaras" character in World of Warcraft.

Deadly Diabetic
11th March 2005, 07:49 PM
I almost made the topic of this thread "PurE Ship Date Moved Up?" but I thought it might make some of our european brethren think that I was talking about them. Didn't want to get their hopes up. :)

I'm sorry you guys have to wait longer but maybe your version will have refinements that ours doesn't. Who knows.

-DD

Sausehuhn
11th March 2005, 07:51 PM
When somebody will have the game, could he take a break and scan the manual? :roll:

Deadly Diabetic
11th March 2005, 08:09 PM
I can do it IF I get approval by either Foxy or Collin. They've stated before that this site enjoys a remarkably close relationship with the developers and Sony, so I would hate for anyone to get into trouble for copyright infringement. Not to be hard arse or anything, just want to make sure it is cool. 8)

-DD

Salt|Ultra
11th March 2005, 09:23 PM
I got the same email. (Haha this topic made me check my mail, I hadn't planned on doing it today)

This would be great if true. I'll be playing Pure next Tuesday 8)

Screenshots and maybe a movie or two if it shows up on the 15th.

Sausehuhn
11th March 2005, 09:26 PM
Why I'm no American? :roll:

;)

Salt|Ultra
12th March 2005, 05:14 AM
IGN has some comments on this early ship date debate.

Here is what they have to say, if you don't want to read the whole article (it deals with more topics than just the ship date issue):

... yet some online retailers are listing games as shipping as early as this Tuesday, March 15th. What's the deal there? From what we got out of the games' producers ..., those dates are wrong ... but not by much.

In general, there may be one or two games that may get out significantly earlier than March 24th. But that's a far outside case -- we talked to folks from Activision, SOE, and SCEA (as well as called PR reps for Sony to get a more official answer), and all of their games are not to be released until Launch Week. Day-and-date, though, is being tossed out the window -- all of the games launching with the system are jockeying for position in between the 22nd (a Tuesday, which is the day games typically release nationwide) and Launch Day on the 24th. Don't expect to get [games] incredibly early ..., but do look for PSP games to start trickling in all through launch week.
(edited for length)

Orginal is here, bottom of the page.
http://psp.ign.com/articles/595/595553p1.html

I guess I won't be getting Pure next week after all.... :cry:

infoxicated
12th March 2005, 10:40 AM
I can do it IF I get approval by either Foxy or Collin. They've stated before that this site enjoys a remarkably close relationship with the developers and Sony, so I would hate for anyone to get into trouble for copyright infringement. Not to be hard arse or anything, just want to make sure it is cool. 8)
Holey crap:

"Wipeoutzone member in' thinking of the big picture' sensation!!" - NY Times'

Congrats DD :) :clap

Yaster
16th March 2005, 02:56 PM
I'm getting my copy sent over by Lik Sang so I'm hoping they'll send it out to me early too.

jospicy
16th March 2005, 05:32 PM
hey Yaster look out for us in September i'll be moving out your way to Uni :P looks like i may have someone to hammer muti-player with after all :D

Yaster
17th March 2005, 08:11 AM
cool, as long as you have the jap Ridge Racer and the US WOP then all will be poss.

Salt|Ultra
17th March 2005, 03:01 PM
[Bah dashed hopes] :cry:

Deadly Diabetic
17th March 2005, 06:10 PM
I haven't heard anything more from EBgames about Pure being shipped early but this article is on psxextreme:

http://www.psxextreme.com/scripts/news3/new.asp?NewID=73

Which reads in part:

Games that went on sale Wednesday, March 16th include include Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix, Need For Speed Underground Rivals, WipeOut Pure , Twisted Metal, Gretzky NHL, NBA Basketball, Spider-Man 2, Dynasty Warriors, and World Tour Soccer.

So who knows.... :roll:

-DD

Salt|Ultra
18th March 2005, 07:13 AM
Well I got some bad info this morning, but then I had a chat with the manager at my local EB games, he is expecting Pure to arrive anyday now. He was surprised he did not have it already. He told me to check back with him tomorrow, after he gets his shipment in (maybe Pure will be in it?).

All the other games Deadly Diabetic mentioned were behind the counter, so maybe there is hope.

Dogg Thang
18th March 2005, 08:11 AM
VG+ had it listed as March 15th but that has now changed to March 22nd. Four more days plus shipping time...

Dogg.