PDA

View Full Version : Astounding Review! By "The Official Playstation Magazin

Asche XL
11th March 2005, 06:06 AM
A full 2 page feature on Wipeout pure in the APRIL 2005 edition of The Official Playstation magazine! Not only is beautiful artwork included, not only is there an excellent review of the game but, an entire history of the wipeout saga from day one. They provide the entire story from start to present on the history of wipeout. Very detailed and interesting, a must-read ( no joke) for any wipeout fan.

They, like the other reviewers said if you loved XL then you're going to love this, plus he said, despite what many think about the psp, the controls were suprisingly responsive and tight. No grade was given but from the way I percieve the review, he would have given it a 10/10, and that's coming from someone who's more knowledge about the series than anyone here.

Anyway, go check out that mag, it's a steep price 8.99$ but you get a demo disc also, for ps2, which I haven't checked out yet.

:P

Roger
11th March 2005, 07:32 AM
Got to get it, then. "Something for the weekend" - (oops, that one might be misinterpreded in a most embarrassing way :oops: )

Rapier Racer
11th March 2005, 09:50 AM
Oh that sounds nice *runs off to the shop*

A full history eh? This mag is a must have! I want to see that artwork too, what game is it based on? Pure?

eLhabib
11th March 2005, 10:07 AM
@Asche XL: you're talking about the US OFFICIAL PLAYSTATION 2 MAGAZINE right, not the UK one?
If so, please tell me what's on the cover, I don't wanna be getting the wrong mag! (ya know, they're sealed so you can't read them and search for articles)

Sausehuhn
11th March 2005, 12:47 PM
I don't think I can get it here, so:

If somebody will buy it, could he scan it?

Rapier Racer
11th March 2005, 12:51 PM
eLhabib, I think if the mag had a 2 page history of Wipeout in it there would be a small mention of that on the cover somewhere, and now for someone to come along and say oh no there isn't

gbit
11th March 2005, 02:56 PM
I'm going to the mall to preorder my psp, so I'll be able to pick it up then! Hopefully its available in Canada.

Asche XL
11th March 2005, 03:37 PM
I can't tell what the artwork is from, it looks lke a photograph from a reak-life wipeout race, so i'm guessing it's possibly a new fmv sequence? One of the ships has AG SYSTEMS written on it.

It also has the blue prints of 7 courses and the art/team logos of all 8 teams. It's hard to explain you'l have to see it for yourself, I would scan it but I don't know if that's allowed?? Anyway

The magazine is called:
OFFICIAL U.S. PLAYSTATION MAGAZINE
www.1up.com

It has a robot on the cover with a giant "03.24.05"
The color scheme is white, black, orange and tan.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3138688&did=3

There's a short review, although, it doesn't do the actual mag justice.

BenjaminBirdie
11th March 2005, 04:22 PM
I've read this. It's not a review of Pure, just so y'all know. There's nothing on the cover to indicate a WipEout retrospective, it's part of the "reset" section in the back. The artwork is from the CG art posted a while back in the WipEout forum here, original promo art from the first game. The tracks are, I believe, wireframes from Wip3out and there are a bunch of logo pages from that game. The only Pure info I found was in an article about developers on the PSP.

Still, it's a great retrospective of the WIpEout series.

gbit
11th March 2005, 09:18 PM
Mr Birdie is correct. I just spent $13 CAD on that playstation mag. :(

And it had very little info that was new! Although the psp interview was quite good.

I have found that British magazines (atleast in the electronics/gadgets/gaming/mens categories) far outclass the US magazines.

Hmmm.....the cover is quite nice..........

JABBERJAW
17th March 2005, 06:51 PM
Thanks, I read this post, saw review, bought the magazine(read wasted 9 dollars), and saw none, just a short history of wipeout(that I already knew). I'll foward my address to you so you can mail me my 9 dollars

infoxicated
17th March 2005, 07:30 PM
Why didn't you read the topic before blowing your money, Al?

Asche XL
17th March 2005, 09:28 PM
Why don't you check it out before you buy it? There was a cool 2 page article with some cool art, that's what you get, i don't understand what you people thought it was. there was no review, but that's 'cause I confused it with another mag, big deal

Thruster2097
17th March 2005, 10:13 PM
i don't understand what you people thought it was. there was no review

well, I looked as the title of this thread which says "Astounding Review! By "The Official Playstation Magazin", and immediatley thought that OPSM2 had an astounding review of pure.

"Hello mr. orange kettle. You're blue!"

JABBERJAW
21st March 2005, 12:53 PM
Ship logos, I really don't call that art. I expect payment by the 1st. With interest it is now 9.22$

It does say "Astounding Review!"
your'e right infox, I actually did read it, although quickly. but there was no review about it, it was a tiny little tidbit. There is a better article in the "games" magazine. I guess what I'm saying is don't write
"astounding review!" if there isn't one.

also of note, the magazine is in a plastic bag, how the heck am I supposed to look at it first.

infoxicated
21st March 2005, 01:49 PM
Al, I meant read the topic to find out what was inside the magazine, not read the magazine - I kind of figured it'd be in a bag.

You need to be careful with believing everything you read on the internet, you know - I read somewhere once that Wipeout Fusion was a great game... ;)

JABBERJAW
21st March 2005, 01:58 PM
:D And I said it!! :D

Concept
21st March 2005, 02:10 PM
Official single format magazines are generally about as trustworthy as a parallel universe Geoffrey Archer, trying to hide his lover affair with Ann Widdecombe.