PDA

View Full Version : Thrusty's Big Fact Hunt. *-NOW CLOSED-*

Thruster2097
7th March 2005, 11:13 PM
[_edit]
Pilots. I am bappy to announce the winners.
Would "Dimension" and "Vagrant Logic" please stand at the front of the class to claim your prizes!!
Here are your winners, Dimension and Vagrant Logic!

Thankyou to all the members who participated in this, better luck next time to those who have not won on this occasion

Gentlemen, enjoy your W3SE, and Let's be friends!
[_/edit]

Okay, here's the deal.
I have two copies of WipEout 3 Special Edition (PAL), still wrapped. They also have Destruction Derby 2 attached to them, but that is to be considered as a bonus.
Entry is open only to registered members with 1 or more posts, and although folks from outside of uk and europe may not be able to play them, they could be worth something on a popular auction site.

Let's review.
Two copies of W3SE to be won.

The challenge?
A small wipeout-related quiz. The answers for Q1 and Q3 are on the wipeoutzone somewhere, Q2 requires some thought.

Ready?
GO!

Q1. When is WipEout's 10th birthady/anniversary?
Answer must include the Month and the Year. Honestly, I'm not sure of the day.

Q2. Look at this picture.
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/user_files.php?user_id=31 THEN my wipeouts.jpg
Tell me, apart from PurE, what is the only wipeout game missing from this collection?

Q3.What are the two NEW PurE ag-racing teams called?
(no points taken away for poor spelling, but an effort would be nice!)

Finish!!

Okay, now the hard part.
Send me an e-mail to thruster@tiscali.co.uk with the answers.
You must include your WipEoutZone fourm name somewhere on the e-mail.
These will be verified.

Competition closes 11pm GMT on Friday 11th March 2005.
Pilots are only allowed to apply once.
Winners will be decided totally at random by me.
My decision is final.
I will pay for shipping for the winners.
Good luck, and happy fact hunting!

Seek100
7th March 2005, 11:19 PM
You're missing at least 2 games that I can see (if you count alternate platform versions). I've got 3:se anyway so not that bothered, only tricky question is 2.

Thruster2097
7th March 2005, 11:27 PM
well, you will find a list of exactly what is in the picture here:
http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1858

And no I am not looking for variations from the consoles listed.
the missing game is from a different console. (which I don't have).

...and it's not meant to be hard. thats the point!

Dimension
8th March 2005, 12:41 AM
Wah! Awesome! *giddy, giddy, giddy, giddy!* Nice one thruster, two nice people are going to get a lovely present soon enough I'm sure :D

mid
8th March 2005, 08:38 AM
So you're not the type to play the "I must have both XL and 2097, then? Or the absolutely delicious Japanese boxart for 3?

I've got a shiny copy of the WO3SE/DD2 pack already, so I'll be generous and not enter. I keep umming and aahing about hunting down the orginal SE artwork, or indeed Saturn 2097 and a replacement PC WO (after lending mine to a friend at college and never seeing it again :( )

Thruster2097
8th March 2005, 08:48 AM
nope, not for me.
I will get the same game on a different platform (psx, saturn) if they have something different to offer. They both have unique qualities. W1 on saturn is so easy. (btw, the pc and saturn versions of 2097 come with killer cold storage soundtracks opposed to the regular artists on the psx)

Rapier Racer
8th March 2005, 09:23 PM
hmm I also have that double pack so won't enter, I know the last two quesitons but that first one is bugging me, maybe if I wasen't so lazy I'd try to find out :pc

Sausehuhn
9th March 2005, 02:29 PM
I send the answers to ya' via PM.

Sorry, I did not wrote that I allready have it, but I also wanted to try the riddle, maybe I'm right :D

Thruster2097
9th March 2005, 07:18 PM
thats cool, everyone is welcome to enter!
and I have been checking PM daily, so yep I got your message.

zargz
13th March 2005, 08:42 AM
Competition closes 11pm GMT on Friday 11th March 2005. http://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/phm.gif I wonder how many participated and who won?

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

Dimension
13th March 2005, 02:35 PM
took the words right out of my mouth zargz :D

Sausehuhn
13th March 2005, 03:20 PM
good questions...

Thruster2097
13th March 2005, 03:39 PM
Okay, I'm back on the compy!
Winners have been posted on the start of the thread. But for those of you who just dont feel like scrolling today:
Dimension and Vagrant Logic are your winners.
Thanks again to the pilots who entered.

The answers I wanted to see were:
Q1.
WipEout's 10th anniversary for the UK PLAYSTATION is September 2005.
Although I didnt mention UK or Playstation on the original post, nearly everybody got this one nailed. The entries I recieved with other answers (i think) correlate to the US release date. They were accepted because I was too dumb not to word it properly in the first place.

Q2.
WipEout 64 is not in the collection in the picture.
And "seek100" did have a point when he mentioned that I am also missing the amiga versions. And I am also missing the japanese and american versions. But every entrant got this one correct.

Q3.
Meet the two new teams for WipEout Pure.
Triakis and Harimau. Again, every entrant got this correct. (and I even accepted the dodgy Horimou spelling.... it is actually Harimau (thanks Colin!)

This competition is now closed!!

Dimension
13th March 2005, 06:47 PM
Waayeeyaayeeyaayeeyaaaa! That means I get a copy of SE, right!? Waayeeyaayeeyaayeeyaaaa! :hyper

Thruster2097
13th March 2005, 06:52 PM
well, at the moment its sitting on my usually cluttered desk. In a big brown jiffy bag, just begging to be sent off.
Yep, you got it!

Dimension
13th March 2005, 07:40 PM
Rock on! :rock_on i sent you an email with my address, godspeed SE! :lol:

Hybrid Divide
13th March 2005, 08:35 PM
YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This makes my day!!!!

*does a dance* :D

Thruster2097
13th March 2005, 09:13 PM
You guys save your energy for SE and all its revised-original-track goodness!
These will both be sent out midday tomorrow.

:dimension
Got your email, should arrive tuesday or wednesday, depending on the speed of royal mail. Which isnt exactly speedy gonzalez paced, but my hopes are on wednesday. It is a standard letterbox size package.

:vagrantlogic
Got your email, will be sent out via international airmail. International post takes roughly six days. Needless to say if I can get tracking, I will, and I will email you the progress as and when necessary.

Dimension
13th March 2005, 09:19 PM
*rubs hands together* can't wait to spread the power of the mighty Q onto the SE tables, heh heh heeeh :twisted: Wednesday huh? I hope royal mail do what they're supposed to for a change, highly unlikely however :roll:

Dimension
15th March 2005, 04:17 PM
Hey thrusty, just letting you know i got SE today, but i've only now, for various reasons got at it and online, so cheers one final time and it's time I got cracking! :D

Sausehuhn
15th March 2005, 04:21 PM
Get a few free weeks you two. You will need much time to finish the game. :lol:

Shem
15th March 2005, 04:31 PM
Q2.
WipEout 64 is not in the collection in the picture.
And "seek100" did have a point when he mentioned that I am also missing the amiga versions.

8O

I knew that Wipeout was somehow related to Amiga, but....THERE WERE SOME AMIGA VERSIONS OF WIPEOUT???? REALLY? Explain!!!! I want to know!!!!

Thruster2097
15th March 2005, 04:56 PM
No worries there, Dimension! Good ol' royal mail surpassing themselves yet again! :P
Oh, while I remember, :vagrantlogic I couldnt get any tracked delivery to USA for some unknown (and probably political) reason, so I have sent it priority and recorded. When you get it, youre gonna have to sign for it. Sorry about that but its the best I could do in my lunch break. :D

Oh, and :shem, dont think that I didnt see the "ag systems hater" at the end of that quote line.. :lol: :lol:

mid
16th March 2005, 08:27 AM
I knew that Wipeout was somehow related to Amiga, but....THERE WERE SOME AMIGA VERSIONS OF WIPEOUT???? REALLY? Explain!!!! I want to know!!!!

Long, long after 2097/XL came out on the other platforms, Digital Images bought the rights to do an Amiga port. You'll be needing a fairly hefty box to run it, including a PowerPC chip and proper graphics card. As you can imagine, it didn't exactly set the charts on fire, as so few people actually had a box capable of running it.

jospicy
16th March 2005, 08:35 AM
oh crap there go the dreams of getting 2097 to run in my A500 :P
but then it's always worth a try but the sooner i get my amiga HDD back i can port it through to my pc (no coptright infringement due to the ownership of the original discs)
/off topic
a question to anybody who may still have an amiga lying around does anybody have a copy of monkey island i can get my hands on? pleeeessseee that game was awesome but my disks got wiped :cry: (tip: don't leave your floppy disks too close to your moniter for too long or they get irreversably wiped :brickwall )
/end off topic

Shem
16th March 2005, 09:40 AM
mid:
I was to ask you if you have some screens to show us how the game looks like, but hell, a bit of forum search and here it is - i know a LOT about Amiga Wipeout 2097 now.

Here are the screens (http://www.trotta.de/club/tests/wo.php) (dug out by G'Kyl)

And Here is the review of the game (http://www.angusm.demon.co.uk/AGDB/DBM1/WipeOut.html)