PDA

View Full Version : The Pro Boarders Pronunciation Spot

Hyper Shadow
13th March 2002, 04:43 PM
Right, I've been having this ongoing saga with my brother on how to pronounce Bucky Lasek's surname, I saw the Best of X-Games 2001 and they appeared to go with many variations;

Lay-Zek
Laz-ek
Las-ek
Lay-sek
Lace-ek

Does anyone know how Bucky pronounces it??

infoxicated
13th March 2002, 04:45 PM
Lay-sek is the way I pronounce it. :smile:

Lance
13th March 2002, 06:13 PM
lay-sek would be my choice, too. i suppose lah-sek would be an option if he were European. [Bucky? not likely. :wink: ]

Confusion
13th March 2002, 06:18 PM
I swear it's Lah-sec. I think I heard his name being mentioned in the promo for a video or something.

Personally Lasek's vert skating doens't really interest me... I'd rather watch someone like Ali Cairns on the vert... ohhhh I love his style. :smile:

PS: Anyone here downloaded some skate videos off morpheus... I got Blind - Video Days off morpheus... :grin:

Hyper Shadow
18th March 2002, 09:56 AM
I love vert, more so than street. Definatly gotta love the speed and amplitude that Rune Glifberg gets and the pure ingenuity of Bob Burnquist. Think I'll have to find me somewhere that I can do some vert skating...

Confusion
18th March 2002, 03:13 PM
Glifberg is king of vert at the moment... I hear his name pop up every so often in the Shocker section of Sidewalk for winning another Vert comp...

Vert takes a hell of a lot of skill... I'd love to take it up proper one day, but for now I'll stick with my street. Besides.. I'm hooked on learning frontside Crooks right now :reddevil