PDA

View Full Version : Random Fact - Origin for Sagarmatha

Thruster2097
6th March 2005, 11:50 PM
Mt Everest is known in it's native language of Nepali as "Sagarmatha" or Forehead of the Sky.

I only just found this out and thought it was very interesting.
Obviously the designers knew this because the sagarmatha track itself is set in an icy environment, although I didnt notice any mountains, or being particularly high up.
But then again, I was probably too concerned with eliminating the ag-sissies.

Shem
7th March 2005, 02:47 AM
I was probably too concerned with eliminating the ag-sissies.

Dear diary...
Today Thruster called my favourite team an "Ag-Sissies". (note - things to do tommorow - buy a chainsaw, and chase Thruster down the street to the sweet melody of my scream and the chainsaw motor running)..

Roger
7th March 2005, 08:21 AM
Count me in, Shem! :x
And hey, guess what? I've already got a chainsaw (http://www.kallman.net/foto/vasklot/talko_maj2002/pic/vinjett_stihl.jpg)!!! :wink:

Thruster2097
7th March 2005, 08:43 AM
w-who said that.....ME?
nope, you must want the other guy :shame

Though I should warn you, I dont go very far anywhere without my tonfa. It's been nice knowing ya......
(figures out chainsaw has bigger reach than tonfa)

err..... is it too late for "lets be friends" :lol:

Seek100
7th March 2005, 01:54 PM
Not to mention Tonfa are usually made from wood (unless yours are some fancy-pants modern low-weight composite material).

You guys have to admit though it is very easy to take out AG-5Y5 craft

P.S. Thruster, check the description of Sagarmatha in the track/class select screen, pretty sure it says there that it's set in the mountains of Nepal.

Thruster2097
7th March 2005, 02:50 PM
nope. Just standard ol' wood for me, thanks.
And I also think it says the track is somewhere in nepal, I just didnt realise that the racetrack is ON mount everest. Pretty cool, huh!

Asayyeah
7th March 2005, 04:23 PM
It's High & Cold too, but Sagarmatha refreshes your mind :D

Shem
7th March 2005, 07:44 PM
*insert advertisement music*

(a shot of a girl dressed up in a t-shirt with Arial Tetsuo's logo. Bleeding out of her nose, holding two thumbs up she says :)

"Sagarmantha! .... The freshmaker!" (*insert "bling" sound*)

:wink:

Dimension
7th March 2005, 07:49 PM
are you playing your Breakbeat tunes too fast again Shem? :|

Shem
7th March 2005, 07:52 PM
is 172BPM too fast? :?

Thruster2097
7th March 2005, 08:02 PM
absolutely not!
I reccomend a minimum of 160bpm.

btw.
freshmaker advert.
laughing my ass off. :lol: :lol:

Dimension
7th March 2005, 08:11 PM
yes shem, about 42BPM too fast you lunatic, you need some gruving housers to calm your mad hed, you can even get brizeaks at that speed so there's nothing to lose, right biznatch? LOL, oh and you too Thrusty, while i'm at it :P