PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout XL Screenshots?

Deadly Diabetic
6th March 2005, 10:52 PM
Hey guys,

I'm brandnew to the site. Found a link from the Gamespot discussion of the upcoming Wipeout Pure. Anyway, I LOVED Wipeout XL on PSOne and used to play for hours; however, I haven't played the game in atleast five years. I bought Wipeout Fusion but was severely disappointed. Now, I'm really looking forward to Wipeout Pure because of both the grpahics and the return of the XL type game play. The problem is that it's been so long since I played, I can't remember which vehicle I used (atleast not by name alone.) Is there any place that I can find pictures or screenshots of the different craft from the XL era? Thanks alot!

-DD

Thruster2097
6th March 2005, 11:23 PM
http://www.macupdate.com/images/screens/wipeout2097icons_2.jpg
Top Left = Feisar
Top Right = AG Systems
Lower Left = Auricom
Lower Right = Piranha

I cant find any suitable pictures of the Qirex from 2097, but here is a Wip3out Qirex.
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ruwestra/wipeout/images/qirexrd.JPG
It hasn't changed much.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the site!
Feel free to browse our PSP/PurE section of the forums for the latest information on what is surely going to be the must-have game for 2005!
Seeya around,
Thrusty

Seek100
7th March 2005, 02:01 PM
That pack of icons that you showed the Feisar, AG, Auricom and Piranha from has the Qirex aswell but I can't view the files. I think it's a Mac only pack of icons normally, and that's just a sample pic.

The w3o Qirex is substantially different from the 2097 one in several features, I guess people just don't notice. Biggest change was the fugly cockpit it has in w3o, the 2097 version extended infront of the interconnecting bit that links the catamarans and joined into the cowling for the engine exhaust at the rear, plus it was much lower and sleeker, watch the awesome 2097 intro carefully and you can see it's a really detailed design.

Sausehuhn
7th March 2005, 02:38 PM
You can get the demo version of 2097/XL everywhere in the net. Search a little bit, download it and press the Print/Screen button if you want to make a screenshot :)

Dimension
7th March 2005, 08:15 PM
Deeeeeeep inhale! Why didn't I think of that!? *rushes to download 2097 demo version* it's all jumpy and the sounds are all b0rked, plus I can't get internal view, i cannot play under these conditions! :P Cool track that one though, Gare D' Europa :)