PDA

View Full Version : Bug In Config Screen?

G'Kyl
2nd March 2005, 01:06 PM
I just loaded up WO3 and tried changing the button configuration for my neg so I would have hyperthrust at I (thrust at II), but as soon as it says "press button" (the one I want to have configured for the chosen function) I can't go anywhere. The game simply seems to lock up. "press button" keeps flashing, but no matter which button I do press, the game wouldn't respond. Has anyone else encountered that problem before? Is there a way around it? I can't use hyperthrust as long as I had to trigger it with A... :|

Ben

EDIT: Damn, I pressed ESC as soon as I realized I was in the wrong forum, but the message had already been sent. Could any of the moderators please drag this thread to the regular WO3 forum? :oops:

Shem
2nd March 2005, 04:18 PM
Same problem here! Once I started to play with a negCon yesterday, training on XL Talon's Reach TT Phantom Piranha (15.8 on a lap) i wanted to beat some times in SE. And i encountered the same problem G'Kyl. I cannot change the button config AT ALL. It all just crashes until you pull out and in the negCon. I think the only way to avoid it is to download a save game via Dex Drive with the settings.

G'Kyl
2nd March 2005, 04:50 PM
Or maybe setting up the DS buttons equivalent to how you want it on the neg might work? Will have to try that later tonight.

Asayyeah
2nd March 2005, 05:08 PM
My friend Stéphane Cellier has encountered very recently the same problem as you 2.
My sugestion is : Create a new block into your memory card with no save insides , ok...then put the code to have Pirahna & all tracks ( Do that for W3O and SE).
The bug configuration is probably due to a former save you had with Dpad and in this case it refuses to change the settings.
Hope this can help :wink:

Lance
2nd March 2005, 10:13 PM
i've encountered the same problem on WO3 NTSC [but never on XL as Shem did].
what seems to work for me is to wait a bit after the button configuration screen shows up before i press anything, then very carefully take a deep breath, read the instructions equally carefully. by this time a sufficient time has passed so that when i start making the selections, they work. weird, but that seems to be what i have to do. wait several seconds before making a change

lunar
8th March 2005, 11:08 PM
I have noticed that my W03 doesn`t accept a change of the default accelerate button on a neg, with regard to creating ghosts. Beating a TT time creates a very weird phenomena: the ghost is recorded but doesn`t have any acceleration. The new ghost file records all the turns, but does not record any acceleration inputs. So you can watch the ghost flounder at the start line, showing all your left-right-up-down movements at the right time, but not actually moving forward except when hyperthrust is used.... which for the ghost means just a short, slow glide into nearest wall. Its quite amusing, but only for a short time I must say. :?

Lance
9th March 2005, 01:09 AM
yep, that's the way they react. poor little 500 thousand horsepower racecraft just flopping around unable to go anywhere. almost brings tears to one eyes, it does. :)