PDA

View Full Version : Crazy ghosts?

Roger
28th February 2005, 07:36 PM
A freaky thing happened tonight. I was honing my neGcon-skills, doing time trials. All of a sudden I noticed something unusual: the announcer was calling "contender eliminated". I've never heard that in a TT before. I mean, there's only me on the track!

After getting a good time I was going to watch the replay. That's when I discovered that the ghost had gone crazy! It stood still on the start line, did some 180 degree turns and ran out of time -> eliminated!

I think the reason was that the memory card was loose when I booted the game. For some reason attaching the mem card after booting messed the game up. Weird, nonetheless...

--------------------
"No, no...yeah! It means we've got a poltergoost!" (hands up all who got that one :wink: )

Lance
28th February 2005, 10:29 PM
raises hand

i've only seen the sittingonthestartlineandgoingstarkstaringbonkers thing when using a neGcon. likewise in getting the 'contender eliminated' message as you begin to get near the finish line

Chill
28th February 2005, 11:16 PM
Wow, freaky!!! Like a ghost showing you your death from the past. It gives me the chills!!!! 8O

zargz
28th February 2005, 11:30 PM
chill's got the chills!! http://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/pjs.gif whatdoyaknow!
After getting a good time I was going to watch the replayreplay on TT?! http://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/phm.gif hmm!

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

Roger
1st March 2005, 05:50 AM
Zargz: I stand corrected, it was a time challenge (Pirhana @ Stanza Inter).

Lance: seems like the bug has something to do with the neGcon driver software, then.

zargz
1st March 2005, 07:03 AM
http://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/le.gif heh! my favorite challenge >
> there you can see the nose-cam on the replay if you drive through the pitlane during the race!!
http://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/heh.gif were you doing that, roger?

Rapier Racer
1st March 2005, 09:33 AM
Speaking of which has anyone else noticed slight graphical defects when using a NeGcon on 2097? sometimes the thrust at the back of an opponets ship goes all erm wonky! it goes kind of grey and a sqaure appears then it returns to normal real quickly

Asayyeah
1st March 2005, 12:25 PM
seems like the bug has something to do with the neGcon driver software, then.
Pretty sure it could be that , if i remember well , we have already talked about that bug ( your crazy ghost) in an old 2097/XL topic ( sorry not to have enough time to dig it :) )
In 2097 sometimes it's happended to me in the past ( your TT ghost goes crazy and you you are loosing all your shield in the first laps). I was suspecting a mystery link between that phenomena and when you do or not a save into your memory card.
Now each time i beat a new High Scores ( i can assure you it's pretty often :lol: ) i always save directly my record and then restart TT ( i have always my ghost ) but without anymore Dumb Ghost.

Assegai Developments : Never noticed that, i will have a look on what you describe ( strange color about vapours from contenders'engine)

Dimension
1st March 2005, 05:28 PM
If it's of any interest, I've seen this problem with the DS on W3O, it happened on a SR replay, at sampa run I think it was the other day, basically my ship just turned too early on a corner and crashed, the replay was just screwed from there, I guess it might have something to do with boost starts as i've also seen a ghost fail to boost start and crash into the first corner, though the sampa run instance it was halfway through the race *shrugs* guess it's not to do with the Neggy software :)

Lance
1st March 2005, 06:31 PM
with the neG on WO3 NTSC, the ghost just sits on the start line in TT and yaws first one way then the other, but never moves forward

Chill
1st March 2005, 09:59 PM
If it's of any interest, I've seen this problem with the DS on W3O
Sorry if this qustion sounds stupid, but DS as in Nintendo DS? Or just some other neggy technology? :?

Lance
1st March 2005, 10:49 PM
DualShock

Chill
2nd March 2005, 03:50 AM
Oh yeah, Duh!! I thought it was something like that, but I just wasn't sure. :oops:

zargz
2nd March 2005, 06:52 AM
I also seen the ghost go ba'zurk on a replay at SR > was long time ago and prob'ly on wo3 coz havent played it for years! http://www.geocities.com/zargz/leenden/huh.gif
* that will be changed now .. soon > 'girly' huh!? * :evil:
* we'll see about that! * ;)

username
23rd June 2005, 11:50 AM
that happent to me before- i bet you had the unlimited weapons cheat on didnt you! :roll:
here comes the boring bit: :wink: the replay only remembers the buttons you pressed and the weapons you got on standard mode (no cheats) when you had unlimited weapons you put an autopilot on---BUT the replay might of thought that you got another weapon like rockets for eg! so it messes up :cry:

if you didnt have any cheats on then i dont know what the hell went wrong with it!! :oops:

Zero [RG] [HG]
24th June 2005, 01:15 AM
The grey square and disappearing trail thing happens normally: I used a GamePad and saw it; I used a normal controller and saw it.

science
24th June 2005, 06:11 AM
I bet you're not using a red analog button for the gas, are you? :wink:
That's a glitch in both PAL and NTSC WO3, I do believe, and was fixed in SE. If you want viable ghosts, you'll have to use the analog gas button on the negcon.

flying_saucer
28th June 2005, 10:51 AM
its not only neQcon i have it too i got the gray old playstation with dual shock controllers.
normally they work fine but when im doing phantom mode and try to watch my replay it goes all weird and bumps against the sides.

then its player eliminated... it happend all the time wiith all crafts :S

i think my skills are to good to be shown in the replay loool

username
28th June 2005, 11:55 AM
its a real shame when youve done a really good race and wanted to see it form another view. :cry:
while im at it: i know if you eliminate anai craft in pure it ssays contender eliminated but what if a human player dies does it say player eliminated or still contender like in wo3