PDA

View Full Version : Lost in translation - wipeout pure news from japan

uberweng
26th February 2005, 03:23 PM
Wipeout pure is beginning to get a bit of media coverage over here so I though that i would make a thread to post any info released over here. I will also post translations of any interesting material from th e japanese wipeout pure site.

I looked in this weeks weekly famitsu (most popular game mag in japan) and it had a page on Wipeout pure in the coming soon section which had a screen shot of a stage selection screen with 6 stage names in katakana. I think one was "blue ridge," I will confirm this and other track names tomorrow (I will take pen and paper because its a long walk home from the magazine shop and my memory isn't what it used to be).

Okay, I went back with pen and paper and these are the names of the tracks that could be seen in the screen shot (the in-game menu only showed four selectable tracks under the heading "circut select"):
ブルーリッジ (Blue Ridge)
モデストハイツ (Modest Heights)
チェングープロジェクト (Cheng-Gu Project)
ヴィネータK (Vineta K)
These translations are my best guess as katakana can be a little ambiguous.

(edited to correct spelling)

Sausehuhn
26th February 2005, 04:22 PM
Sounds good.

The second on reminds me on Florion Height
Now I just would like to know which track has which name.

Before I forget:
Thank you for that. It's good to know that there is somebody who understand some japanese! You could traslate the website text into english (or german of course) :lol: :wink:

... just a joke...

uberweng
11th March 2005, 07:47 AM
More info about team specifications. One Playstation magazine published by the famitsu group just gave the following stats for three of wipeout pure teams:

AG systems
Speed 2
Handling 4
shield 2
Turbo 5

Feisar
Speed 2
Handling 5
shield 3
Turbo 4

Quirex
Speed 3
Handling 3
shield 4
Turbo 3

zargz
11th March 2005, 07:52 AM
seems Qirex is gon be the allaround / best_in_multiplayer as Auricom was in wo3/se!
AG and Feisar the same speed??! 8O
oh my oh my!

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

uberweng
11th March 2005, 08:52 AM
I remember the wipeout dev team member who posts here saying that there could be a significant amount of difference between craft listed as having the same stats so they must be slightly different.

zargz
11th March 2005, 09:40 AM
yeh, I remember that too. I was thinking out loud just by the look of those stats 8)

Rapier Racer
11th March 2005, 09:41 AM
AG-S as slow as Feisar :?: what's going on at that studio!

yawnstretch
11th March 2005, 10:57 AM
Ah yes but look at the turbo boost - Ag-sys will be faster than Feisar it seems.

Feisar for starters... and then ill probably stick with ag-systems. Still ship design means a lot to me so if the qirex isnt too bad I might get into it...

EXCITEMENT! :D

zargz
11th March 2005, 11:04 AM
Boost probably = acceleration which means is gon be faster at the startgrid and after tight corners or bang of the wall 8)

The Boye
11th March 2005, 11:38 AM
Converting the front end menus is an unusual change for any wipeout release in Japan. My copies of XL and W3 both have identical English menus to their Euro PAL counterparts.

AmishRobot
11th March 2005, 11:40 AM
I would also take that to mean that the AG is more effective on the boost pads. That would make a huge difference over the course of a race. I can't imagine they'd build a stat solely for the pickup. Could be wrong about that, though...

Sausehuhn
11th March 2005, 12:51 PM
Qirex could ba a little bit faster. :roll:
___

Thanks uberweng, good found!

Dimension
11th March 2005, 01:19 PM
took the words out of my mouth there uberweng, but... nvm, providing it can hold its own :D