PDA

View Full Version : Where can i purchase Wipeout 3 SE?

crashoverride
25th February 2005, 03:49 AM
Hello.
Im new to the board but iv been into wipeout since 1995 when the movie hackers came out.
Im interested in getting Wipeout 3 SE so i can play it on my ps2. Anyone know where i can get a new copy? i tried local stores no luck.

Chill
25th February 2005, 04:12 AM
Can anyone help me with the same thing? :wink:

infoxicated
25th February 2005, 08:58 AM
Ebay is your only hope, really.

Unless you stumble into Tesco and find it on the destruction derby double pack.

mid
25th February 2005, 09:15 AM
Where are you from?

If it's outside Europe, you're probably stuck - WO3:SE was only ever released for PAL televisions.

Google UK suggests a whole bunch of places if you search for "wipeout 3 destruction derby 2", however.

Good luck on finding the non-twinpack version, with the nice artwork, though.

zargz
25th February 2005, 11:41 AM
Ebay is your only hope, really. Unless you stumble into Tesco and find it on the destruction derby double pack.Just got that double pack today !!!
so cool > the disc is comletely white! 8O
and yes - got it from eBay! 8)

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

Seek100
25th February 2005, 12:47 PM
Ever tried amazon? I got my copy there the very first time I looked, very cheap too. They've got a copy of 2097 (I've only got a platinum copy with a broken case) but at around £45 it's just a bit too much even for the best of the series. I've only had 3:SE two days but already got through both vector leagues and half of venom, I should probably stop and do my work... :?

Frankie Lee
25th February 2005, 01:10 PM
Yeah, I'd try Amazon, as they used to have the double pack. I was lucky that I got it from a guy on another forum. He'd seen it for sale in a local shop so he went in and bought it for me!

Then I managed to get a Negcon for £5.00 too. Happy days.

lunar
25th February 2005, 01:13 PM
£45 for the original 2097 - the guy is insane. I got it from ebay for £4.99 - and there are loads of them on there now for beer money - or a buy now for £7.00

there`s also a few 3SEs on there, including a couple of buy nows.

Rapier Racer
25th February 2005, 02:40 PM
HMV has the double pack for £15.99

Hellfire_WZ
25th February 2005, 02:50 PM
Gamestation might be a good bet as well, it's where I found my double pack. £13.99 I think.

zargz
25th February 2005, 06:48 PM
.. there`s also a few 3SEs on there, including a couple of buy nows.. that's right! here >
http://search.ebay.co.uk/wipeout-3-special-edition_Games_W0QQbsZSearchQQcatrefZC6QQfltZ9QQfro mZR10QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQsacatZ15120 QQsadisZ200QQsbrftogZ1QQsofocusZbs

Praeterea censeo autopilotum esse delendam

Hectic
25th March 2005, 11:29 PM
hmm, am i the only one who has a modded ps2? just finished downloading SE, pre patched to run on ntsc displays...it kicks ass but the bug is still there when i choose sasha's expander track as the default music...sometimes it doesn't start playing the audio...maybe it's my ps2 but i've had the same problem on a PAL copy of wip3out and this copy of se. i have to get my hands on an ntsc version of 3 and see if it still happens...it could be my ps2 but i think it's a bug in the game.