PDA

View Full Version : Passwords

Frankie Lee
22nd February 2005, 06:43 PM
Is there any way to unlock the extra tracks, say with passwords or some such?

Mobius
22nd February 2005, 07:31 PM
Erm yeah - i don't know what others would think about me posting them but infox or another moderator could remove these if need be.

While in the main menu, hold down L1, R1 and Select Then enter the codes below to access certain goodies...

Piranha Ship - Press X X X X O Triangle Square
Phantom Class Also unlocks the 2 extra tracks if i remeber right - Press Triangle Triangle Triangle O O O

Frankie Lee
22nd February 2005, 08:15 PM
Cool. Thanks, Can't see the problem in having these, it's not like it's illegal or anything. They were programmed into the game, anyway.

Having just opened Arcade Challenge 1 I just know I'll never complete the challenge, so these will help.

Lance
22nd February 2005, 08:51 PM
these cheats have been posted in many places on the internet, the only ones that really matter are the ones that change your racetimes, such as unlimited hyperthrust, unlimited shields, unlimited weapons, etc. these are strictly illegal for any times posted in our records tables. the ones that give you additional tracks and ships do not affect your racetimes, so who cares about those?

Seek100
23rd February 2005, 11:16 AM
Well, really you should still try and beat the game if you can - have you tried challenge 1? If you've beaten Odessa Keys on rapier that's the hardest part of the game, it gets easier from there on out, the challenge is just a repeat of what you've already done, the first four tracks are dead easy on any speed. Also if you cheat to get the Piranha then you'll quickly find you can't handle the speed, that's why I reloaded my game after using the cheat I just couldn't see the point using a ship that was too fast for me back then.

Frankie Lee
23rd February 2005, 12:39 PM
I'm not really interested in the Piranha as I know I couldn't handle the speed. I am trying Callenge 1, I can win on the first two tracks easily but the third is still a lottery and the fourth not a chance, so I'm nearly there.

It just annoys me that you can't practice the tracks indefinetly. The time trials are limited to 2 laps. I'm just anxious to see as much of 2097 as I can, before GT4 comes out and I still haven't even started Wip3out 3SE yet.

Frankie Lee
25th February 2005, 01:19 PM
Well I did it last night. Challenge one completed! Wasn't too bad in the end. Track two and three being the hardest. The last two were quite easy. It's amazing how much you improve without noticing.

I presume the final craft is unlocked by winning these two final track, or just another challenge?

Still thanks for the encouragement. Never even entered those codes after all!

G'Kyl
25th February 2005, 03:40 PM
Track two and three being the hardest.

Congrats. Just one more challenge and you got the Piranha license. :) But tell me you didn't find track 2 (Sagar-Martha, winter, snow) more difficult than track 4. ;-) [/senseless nitpicking mode]

Still thanks for the encouragement. Never even entered those codes after all!

Just something about cheats in general: I always found the mixture of exhaustion and satisfaction after beating difficult games so much more rewarding that I usually don't touch codes. And since every game can be beaten with some practice, there really is no need to not take away the joy from legally finishing at least the good ones. :)

Ben

Lance
25th February 2005, 08:09 PM
when i wanted to use a new memory card strictly for XL Piranha whilst leaving my Qirex times untouched, i used the cheats on the new card, you betcha!

G'Kyl
25th February 2005, 09:20 PM
Oh, of course, I do use cheats when I play games not for the first time. But I thought this was strictly about beating a game in the first place. :)

Rapier Racer
26th February 2005, 02:32 PM
I just want to check something here. The chaingiun weapon on 2097 can only be obtained by entering a cheat code, right? There is no way you can unlock it fairly is there?

Asayyeah
26th February 2005, 03:12 PM
No
absolutely no way to obtain it fairly

Rapier Racer
26th February 2005, 03:25 PM
shame I like it, would be good if you got chain gun pick ups that gave you short bursts, it's a bit to powerful though and it drags your ships nose down

Lance
26th February 2005, 03:52 PM
i don't think i've ever seen the chaingun; what is the code to get it?

Asayyeah
26th February 2005, 03:58 PM
Sorry Lance don't have the code in my mind, i will do a search if nobody give it to you :wink:

Lance
26th February 2005, 04:02 PM
thanks, but i could search for it myself; i was just being lazy. :oops:

Asayyeah
26th February 2005, 04:05 PM
and i do my answer to be polite....LMAO
off topic i am a bit lazy too :!:

Lance
26th February 2005, 04:07 PM
:lol: :D

Zero [RG] [HG]
23rd March 2005, 03:28 AM
I know the cheat code for that "chain gun" (machine gun).
I use it all the time for fun...
Pause game in middle of race: Hold L1+R1+Select; press square O X square O X triangle. Release L1 R1 and select and unpause game
Watch for green flash
If you see it you have gotten the code right.

Lance
23rd March 2005, 12:02 PM
i'll try that. thanks. :)

Poopshooter
28th March 2005, 08:37 PM
You guys ever use the animal codes?

Lance
28th March 2005, 08:43 PM
i played with the animal ships a couple of times just for fun. they were pretty entertaining :)

Thruster2097
28th March 2005, 08:47 PM
Sometimes for novelty value. The piranha as the shark is too damn funny not to!

The chaingin is a truly awesome weapon. Also a little strategic as persistent use causes your ship to slow down. With a few tweaks (i.e. more of a penalty for using it and fired rounds dont hurt the other ships that much) that could have been used as piranha's weapon. Much like the "ion cannon" from fusion.

Rapier Racer
28th March 2005, 09:18 PM
Not used the animals for ages, lol might do so later; I thought the chain gun was powerful? I can remember destroying ships effortlessly with it; it has been some time since I used it though

Zero [RG] [HG]
29th March 2005, 04:33 AM
Lol, I use the machine gun with the Piranha and "eat" the other ships on Talon's Reach... I fly over them, the gun firing at the craft below and it looks like my craft "ate" it.
You know how when you get close to a craft and fire the machine gun it always hits?
When you're close to the craft? I got beside an Auricom... a second later CONTENDER ELIMINATED. :D
That's the trick I use with the eating thing, fly quickly by an AG-S firing all the way... chomp chomp chomp chomp... C. E.!

xD xD xD :twisted: :arrow:

G'Kyl
29th March 2005, 11:49 AM
Hm, guess I'm taking WO too damn serious - I never wanted to see the animal ships. ;) OK, but then I'm no big fan of these sorts of extras in general. The only time a game could have been changed to the better was Motorhead, where you could play in a Tron-like environment. I loved that!

Ben

Konem
29th March 2005, 02:45 PM
is the piranha shark thinner than the craft or was it just my imagination (same physical model, different optical model?)