PDA

View Full Version : A small worry

yawnstretch
15th February 2005, 09:37 PM
Ok I know it's really late in the game to mention this but today's the 1st day I put a wipeout in-game screenie on my PSP.

& I noticed something interesting...

You wouldnt realise at first seeing the pictures on your monitor but when it's on the PSP and in your hands it's quite noticeable.

Compare this shot of Ridge Racers on the PSP

http://www.gamekult.com/tout/jeux/images/ME0000522964

With this one of wipeout on my PSP

http://photobucket.com/albums/v611/ChocNutR/extra/?action=view&current=KIF_0657.jpg

What's a little disturbing is that the ships are quite far away and look extremely small on the PSP screen. I know there are about 3 view modes on wipeout pure (in board outboard and far away outboard) but could anyone show me a picture thats a little closer to the ship?

Don't get me wrong it still looks great, and I'll definitely love it, but even though I like the new feel of a far away view, up close to the back of the ship does give a decent sense of speed imo. I hope I wont have to resort to inboard for my speed because im more of a 3rd person perspective pilot myself.

Thoughts?

Dimension
15th February 2005, 09:42 PM
I guess it does look a bit rangey, but in the middle of a race, the last thing you're looking at is the pretty details of your ship, gives it a nice angle actually, would make stuff like the penultimate corner of Hi-Fumii easier Fo' Sho'

yawnstretch
15th February 2005, 09:49 PM
Yeah, maybe im worrying about nothing - I just showed it to a wipeout mate of mine on the PSP screen and he didnt notice it. (That said he is an in-boarder).

I'm sure it will be fine.

Rapier Racer
15th February 2005, 10:31 PM
are you sure that's accurate, isn't that just the video you have on there, maybe the game will be different

zargz
16th February 2005, 07:42 AM
Anybody played Colin mcRae rally2 ?
the customisable height/distance/spring/tilt of the ingame cam >> That's the answer, my friend! 8)
.. blowing in the wind ..

edit: The Name of the Game now a days is customisation! --> ALL games! so ..
There's a Lot to be learned Only from the Graphics menu in CMrally2!!
>> selection of level of on screens displays and custom cam! :mrgreen:
future wipeout developers take a look there!8O
don't look down at it just coz it's an old game ;)

Preaterea censeo autopilotum esse delandam

infoxicated
16th February 2005, 11:34 AM
Thoughts?
That's the far camera view.

Salt|Ultra
16th February 2005, 08:44 PM
That's the far camera view.

This makes me immensely happy :D

I just hope it feels as fast when you are that far away.

Dogg Thang
21st February 2005, 09:12 AM
Doesn't look that far away to me. That view would seem to be comparable to WO1-3 outside view. I'd rather a small ship than have it obscure some of the twists and turns of the track.

Dogg.

MRcool2035
21st February 2005, 01:54 PM
That's good news for me i never liked the cameras that stick close to the vehicle, i like some space between it and the camera.
and the energy bar is rather wide, having the camera too close would overlap your energy bar over the so beloved machine :D

Chill
21st February 2005, 04:33 PM
I honestly think there'll be a choice, don't you? Their will always be different likings in views, so it'll have many choices, so don't worry. :wink: